Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Foods you've RECENTLY begun to love

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Sometimes, there is a food that we have loved for many years. Other times, there are foods that we have never liked. Then, in certain special moments, there are foods that we randomly discover to be wonderful to our taste buds and thus, we start to love eating it!

This thread will be for that, yup. What are some foods or a food that you have recently discovered and love? :3 

• Brohoof 3

I have discovered a delicious french fish soup that taste amazing. Unfortunately I'm the only one in my family that enjoys it so I can't have it very often.

• Brohoof 1

Well, up until a month ago I really wasn't fond of 2 things: breakfast foods and sweet stuff. So naturally, cereal is something I never would have gotten along with.

Until I discovered the Batman vs Superman caramel cereal which for some reason I can't get enough of. My dad loves it too! I kid you not, in the past month and a half he's bought at least 30 boxes of the stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Shrimp. I hate the look, smell, and idea of seafood which is why I've never really given it a chance until I kinda had to eat some. It came with a meal at restaurant, so I decided to give it a try. It was odd at first, but after a couple I fell in love with them. Shrimp is best appetizer.

• Brohoof 1

I've recently gone Vegetarian for ~1 month so I definitely had to adjust my diet and start loving foods that I otherwise would not on my normal meat diet.

Since I can't get protein through meat, I have to get it through other means. Beans and tofu are now a staple of my diet and I absolutely them! Broccoli and Apples are other foods that i've been eating more of (I know 2 mares who would be proud of me  B)  :smug:). 

* i've VERY recently started to enjoy onions, red onion especially. my whole family likes them, so meal times would end up with everyone having them except me, but now that i like them, they just get thrown on regardless since i'm okay with them now.

* recently as in.. hm, a few years or so, i've took a liking to baked beans. i hated them growing up, but one day i tried them when i was a lot older and was like.. omg what have i been missing out on? also bacon, i never touched the stuff until about 4 years ago, but i've gone straight back off it now because i would get frustrated cutting the fat off it.

Mango.  I've never had mango until a social worker suggested it, I had it with my typical pineapple in the morning and it made for a good combo  :wub: 

Hmm... To be honest, I stopped being a picky eater in like 6th or 7th grade (and now I'm a junior in college), so, not much comes to mind in terms of "recent" stuff.  I guess the one biggest revelation I had in terms of trying a food I used to tell myself I didn't want to was around when I was like 13, and [against my mom's shameful look] my dad convinced me to try deer meat.  IT IS THE BEST.  I love venison... Although it's ironic since I am not a hunter, and would never have the heart to pull the trigger even if I were to ever try deer hunting.

~ Miles

@@Kyoshi, Great topic good sir. Very well done. Yep, I have to hoof it to ya, you always know what to post. Isn't this guy something? Just so swell and topical in his topics.

Okay, so, foods I've recently begun to love... Hmmm. Let me think.

I'll say brownies. I used to like brownies before but ever since I started eating these new ones my roommate bakes I can't get enough.

There are some side affects though...

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I never thought I'd be a fan of cucumber. Then Rarity went gushing about cucumber sandwiches and I finally was like hey might as well see if I love or hate it. And then...

True love! :D  Cucumber is also great in fresh salad with bell pepper.

medium.gif
View on Derpibooru (Original source unknown at time of posting)
  • Brohoof 1

I never thought I'd be a fan of cucumber. Then Rarity went gushing about cucumber sandwiches and I finally was like hey might as well see if I love or hate it. And then...

True love! :D  Cucumber is also great in fresh salad with bell pepper.

I can't stand cucumber at all. Cucumber sandwiches are horrible, and for me, the damn thing tastes disgusting. I will never touch cucumber in my life, ever since trying it before. It gives a weird taste that goes through your nose really strongly and I can't stand that.

Recently I have tried Moroccan beef stew, which I always thought looked a bit weird, but after trying it I've been hooked up on it. Going to try it more often now.