Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Robot Wars

Photon Jet

(edited)

Hi everypony.

I don't think nopony has made a thread of this yet but Robot Wars, one of the most loved programs on TV is coming back! I felt this was tremendous news because I used to LOVE watching the show back then.

For those who haven't heard of Robot Wars, it's a show where remote-controlled robots duke it out in the arena and tear each other apart until there is one bot left standing.

These robots can consist of flippers, spikes, axes, blades, crushers and much more. Everypony will see how much carnage these robots can do when they clash together. 

This thread is all about discussing anything related to the show we used to watch on TV, Robot Wars. So we'd better get prepared...because the robot war is coming!

By the way my favorite robot in Robot Wars was Chaos 2 because it was the first robot to flip others out of the arena. Plus, I loved the design of it.

post-20535-0-91035700-1457025571_thumb.jpg

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 3

I remember this very fondly - especially Chaos 2 against... The Big Cheese, I think it was. I will say that I thought that Cassius did the whole flipper thing before Chaos 2, although possibly not out flipping them of the area entirely.

Let me see, I can also remember Razor, Hypno-disk... erm... Panic attack, that one beat Cassius in the final... oh yes, the house robots; Sir Kill-a-lot, Matilda, Sgt Bash and ... one other one? It had a flame-thrower, I recall. 

Good fun, that was. We'll see how the new season goes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I remember this very fondly - especially Chaos 2 against... The Big Cheese, I think it was. I will say that I thought that Cassius did the whole flipper thing before Chaos 2, although possibly not out flipping them of the area entirely.

Let me see, I can also remember Razor, Hypno-disk... erm... Panic attack, that one beat Cassius in the final... oh yes, the house robots; Sir Kill-a-lot, Matilda, Sgt Bash and ... one other one? It had a flame-thrower, I recall. 

Good fun, that was. We'll see how the new season goes.

You know, I think the episode with Chaos 2 against The Big Cheese was where I first found Robot Wars.

The other House Robots that were in the mix were Dead Metal, Shunt, Growler, Mr.Psycho and Cassius Chrome.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 2

You know, I think the episode with Chaos 2 against The Big Cheese was where I first found Robot Wars,

I went and looked it up. Still a great match, and I felt proud that I could still remember what SRiMech meant. 

The other House Robots that were in the mix were Dead Metal, Shunt, Growler, Mr.Psycho and Cassius Chrome.

Now that you mention them, Dead Metal was the one with the flamer-thrower and Shunt was around as well. I stopped watching it not long after the Ref-bot (which I just remembered) appeared for reasons I can't remember. The others don't ring any bells.

• Brohoof 1

Oh my god, Robot Wars was my jam as a kid

I still remember Razer :wub:

Ah, Razer. Quite a menacing robot it was with it's crushing beak. I used to be jealous of that robot because it beat my favorite robot, Chaos 2.

• Brohoof 2

Now that you mention them, Dead Metal was the one with the flamer-thrower and Shunt was around as well. I stopped watching it not long after the Ref-bot (which I just remembered) appeared for reasons I can't remember. The others don't ring any bells.

Sgt Bash was the one with the flamethrower, Dead Metal had the pincers and the circular saw :catface:

Ah, Razer. Quite a menacing robot it was with it's crushing beak. I used to be jealous of that robot because it beat my favorite robot, Chaos 2.

Hypno-Disc was my favourite, you can guess why :sneer:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
Sgt Bash was the one with the flamethrower

Oh crumbs, yes, you're right. And I've still got my remote control Shunt, too, so I really should remember that.

I think I got confused because Shunt bashed things with its pickaxe, whereas Sgt Bash didn't have any bashing utensils at all. 

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!!

i loved the original series so much, my Dad and I would watch it every friday night after the Simpsons =D All the best bots came from my home County too! SOMERSET RULES! 

Pity Craig Charles wont be back on it though. 

Hypnodisc, Razor and Wheely Big Cheese FTW!

edit: Shunt, Sgt Bash, Matilda, Dead Metal and Sir K will always be the only House Robots in my heart. I never liked the ones they added towards the end

Edited by StormBlaze
  • Brohoof 2

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!!

i loved the original series so much, my Dad and I would watch it every friday night after the Simpsons =D All the best bots came from my home County too! SOMERSET RULES! 

Pity Craig Charles wont be back on it though. 

Hypnodisc, Razor and Wheely Big Cheese FTW!

Wow. Did you get a chance to interview them back then? I hope you did.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

All the best bots came from my home County too! SOMERSET RULES! 

Really? I never knew that... more disposable income, possibly? And Somerset is indeed brilliant, even if it lacks my august presence these days.

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon

All the best bots came from my home County too! SOMERSET RULES! 

Really? I never knew that... more disposable income, possibly? And Somerset is indeed brilliant, even if it lacks my august presence these days.

nah just more gear heads out this way i guess LOL

gutted that Dad and I never started working on one ourselves 

I guess there will always be Robot Club though =D

• Brohoof 2

Oh! I just remembered I met one of the Dantomkia guys at a con a few years back :pinkie:

Speaking of which, I looked and Dantomkia will be coming back to the newly revived Robot Wars along with Storm 2 and Big Nipper.

• Brohoof 2

If I had to create a combat robot of my own with a bit of help, that would be awesome, especially when Robot Wars is returning. I wonder if Razer is getting its new, wicked design? :o

• Brohoof 1

Ah, the memories of this show! I used to watch this all the time as a kid, I loved it! 

I had no idea it was making a return though, may need to give it a watch when it starts airing.

• Brohoof 1

If I had to create a combat robot of my own with a bit of help, that would be awesome, especially when Robot Wars is returning. I wonder if Razer is getting its new, wicked design? :o

Well, there is Warhead who competes in Battlebots tournaments so we might see that robot or something different.

• Brohoof 1

Ahh! I remember coming home from school every day as a child and the first thing that came onto the TV was Robot Wars. Me and 2 of my cousins would always sit around the TV and shout for our favorite contestant, while screaming anytime the House Robots came into play. (Friggin' Matilda...)

Kinda looking forward to the new series, Dara Ó Briain hosting is always a plus.  :wub: 

• Brohoof 1

Ahh! I remember coming home from school every day as a child and the first thing that came onto the TV was Robot Wars. Me and 2 of my cousins would always sit around the TV and shout for our favorite contestant, while screaming anytime the House Robots came into play. (Friggin' Matilda...)

Kinda looking forward to the new series, Dara Ó Briain hosting is always a plus.  :wub:

So am I. It's been a long time since Robot Wars was on TV. Glad to see it coming back.

By the by, what was the contestant you were rooting for? Was it Chaos 2 because I was rooting for that robot to win.

• Brohoof 2