Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does now exist Mane 8?

Golden Candy

(edited)

You know that in the past Twilight and Her Friends change Sunset Shimmer to good. And then do the same to Starlight Glimmer! So? What do you think? Leave a comment below!  :ooh::P  :fluttershy:  :grin2:  :smug:  :ph34r:

Edited by Golden Candy

Sunset Shimmer may form a part of the main 6 in EQG, but she is totally irrelevant to FiM, to the extent that (in the FiM universe) she basically doesn't exist at all.

As for Starlight Glimmer, we're yet to see what impact she'll have now that she is reformed.  She may become a recurring character, she may become little more than a background pony or she may fade away entirely.  Whatever happens though, I doubt she's going to be portrayed on the level of a main character in series 6.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think there's been much to go off as of yet with Starlight as to whether she will be one of the main characters.. but I guess we will have to see how the first few episodes of the season go. I personally hope that she doesn't to be honest.

• Brohoof 1

God I hope not; I really, really hate starlight, and I think sunset is really overrated. Like she's not terrible, but I think she's way worse than her fans make her out to be.

but sadly, I think we WILL have starlight glimmer end up as the new mane seventh member of S6 and probably have the entire season be about shilling her, in the same way that the last 2 EQG movies have been about shilling sunset. And given how terrible starlight is, this really makes me dread S6.

Unfortunately, we don't know if Starlight Glimmer will join the main characters. The season 5 finale left that question unanswered and up for speculation. We simply can't say right now.

As for Sunset Shimmer, well, i'm not familiar with Equestria Girls being canon or not. So, i'm not really one to say if she's relevent or not. However, I wouldn't mind if she was added to the main cast. But I think that her, Twilight Sparkle, and Starlight Glimmer would add up to be an unecessarily powerful trio. I don't think that we need all 3 of them together.

Most likely, I preferred to keep EQG non-cannon but that may change I don't know? Sunset is a really interesting character and it be nice if she makes a cameo or even better, a role in one of the S6 episodes. One of the mane 6? Not so sure...

Starlight Glimmer will guarantee be character they'll want to show during S6. As for her to join the mane 6, I think she'll join but it will take time. If they already reform the Master of Chaos, then I'm pretty sure Starlight would be easy.

(edited)

Starlight Glimmer will guarantee be character they'll want to show during S6. As for her to join the mane 6, I think she'll join but it will take time. If they already reform the Master of Chaos, then I'm pretty sure Starlight would be easy.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of.  They felt the need to shoehorn Discord in far too much, as a result of this his last two episodes (S05 E07+22) were pretty poor.  Starlight has had her moment in the spotlight, now I want to see her do a Trixie and vanish into the background, with maybe an appearance at some point in series 6, but only if a story genuinely requires her presence.

Edited by Concerned Bystander
  • Brohoof 1

This is exactly what I'm afraid of.  They felt the need to shoehorn Discord in far too much, as a result of this his last two episodes (S05 E07+22) were pretty poor.  Starlight has had her moment in the spotlight, now I want to see her do a Trixie and vanish into the background, with maybe an appearance at some point in series 6, but only if a story genuinely requires her presence.

I felt that way with Discord too, he was so great but he kinda got long in the tooth and felt discarded (no pun intended).

• Brohoof 1

I dunno if Mane7, but judging by Starlight's absence in the death by diabeetus incarnate, it's safe to say she hasn't joined the group. Sunny, nope, she belongs (for now at least), with the humans, and I don;t think she'll return to Equestria anytime soon. I do consider her part of the humane7 though  

I only count the first 6, Starlight hasn't really done anything yet, and I doubt she''l start being in nearly every episode, like, I dunno, say Fluttershy has another shy problem, would the writers make it an episode that involves Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Starlight? I just don't see it happening. And as for Sunset, as much as I would love to see her in FIM, I only really count her as part of the EQG universe.

Gonna have to say there's still only a mane 6