Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle a Mary Sue?

Faerie-StarV

Mkay, I really don't think bronies are calling Twily a Mary Sue because she's a princess per se, although it is part of the problem. I think half of them are calling her a Mary Sue because as a filly, she was really good at magic, but this is kinda BS because just because a character is good at something doesn't mean they're a Mary Sue. It really pisses me off at how people can over analyze things they don't know the meaning of.

She was the most Mary Sue-like in season 1, in which, even though she was the frame for every episode, she didn’t get much characterization. In Season 2, this changed though.

Cadance is a “Mary Sue,” but this is five because she’s only a lesser supporting character.

She's pretty far from a Mary Sue... :confused: She has some pretty obvious character flaws... The writers even went out of theit way to show one off in the premiere with the whole "twilighting" thing. I'm quite confused how anyone could come to the conclusion that she would be.

(edited)

Twilight Sparkle is a wish fulfilment character 

She starts off as a normie, ( or at least someone who could be relatable given the circumstances)

• Gets picked up by the Princess to be her personal protege, perhaps for a reason or perhaps she is that powerful that she needs an expert to teach her to control it
  • She gets to move on to the new city, while also having heroic adventures, and her friends are really big deal because without them the world as they know it would just end.

The problem comes when her brother suddenly show up out of nowhere and he just happens to marry Princess of babysitting, and that Princess just happens to know Twilight Sparkle because of babysitting. The unholy couple just happens to produce an unholy kid.

If you want to think of it that way Princess Cadence was more of a Mary Sue is then Twilight Sparkle ever dreamed to be. 

Edited by R.D.Dash

• 2 weeks later...

Twilight is not a Mary Sue and Cadence is definitely not a Mary Sue. The closest person to be considered one is Twilight... followed by Starlight... but they are not. They fail... all the time. Mary Sue is a perfect character where everything goes right all the time. No one in MLP has that...

My favorite pony, a mary sue? Pffft, impossible.

No, but seriously. I really don't think she's a mary sue.

• Brohoof 1