Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Do you vape?

Rainbow    Dash

I'm not sure who this guy you were talking to was, but he is incorrect.  The thickness of the liquid has nothing to do with the concentration of nicotine, it is governed by the proportion of Vegetable Glycerin to Propylene Glycol.  A higher proportion of VG makes a thicker liquid and denser vapour clouds, whereas the PG is what (mostly) 'carries' the flavour.

Some dude who worked at Beyond Vape, a sorta national chain for vapers. They arent the best nor the brightest, but sometimes theres a person who works there that is smart(Harsh, but i had a bad experience a few times in).

I don't smoke or vape,the only thing I suck into my lungs is air, no telling the long term affects of that china made "juice" on your lungs. it ain't "just water vapor" there are artificial flavors and colors and other things that are being vaporized and sucked into your lungs

I heard there were oxygen tanks that did the same thing. I actually saw them on Good Mythical Morning yesterday.

I can eat or drink the real deal if I want to
You can eat and drink nicotine?

@@Draxon, I wanted to say, Im sorry for your lost first of all. Second off, I have heard a lot of doctors give my mixed messages. One says its good, the other says its just as bad, one says it doesnt effect you because its not real nicotine and so on. I bought my vape pen a few months ago. Since then ive vaped 0-4mg of nicotine. According to my doctor, we have receptors in out brains called Nicotinia...Nicotinea.....something like that, that when triggered by nicotine smoke/chemical we become more alert, less stressed out, and focused(cause Nicotine is a stimulant). When done in small doses its helpful, but in large doses you get dependent to it and addicted. Also, I have vaped Vitamins since smoking/vaping something is more effective than oral or rectal applications due to the fact the smoke is covereing a wide area of absorption to a vital and main organ. The main organ that is responsible for getting air/oxygen/anything as dense as smoke to blood cells, which...well, you know where im going.

I smoked for about 10 years. Then I vaped because I wanted to quit smoking and managed to quit smoking for vape. Then I quit vape about a month after that. Now I don't do either anymore.

I smoked for about 10 years. Then I vaped because I wanted to quit smoking and managed to quit smoking for vape. Then I quit vape about a month after that. Now I don't do either anymore.

Anything that makes someone more stupi- I mean, "calmer" is a waste of my time. Okay, that a bit of a blanket statement. But really, I instantly have a red flag when I see it "calms someone". Usually that means slowing something in the head down, and I don't care if it means dealing with a little stress: I'd rather be in top condition as often as possible.

Nicotine prompts a release of dopamine in the brain, triggering the "reward center" it doesn't slow you down, it tricks your brain into happy feelings.

Yeah. I like it. It's taking an addiction and turning it into a hobby. I've recently gotten into making my own juice. It allows you to be really creative. My friend makes his own too, except his is a bit less than legal. Guy uses DMT instead of nicotine lol.

It seems Vaping is better than smoking, but not the best option. I would never want to try any of that stuff ever, or any kinds of drugs for that matter lol. But If you want to vape go for it.

I used to but it gave me a really bad sore throat :| I was using a cheap vapour pen and cheap liquid, maybe that was why.

That most likely is why, the cheaper cig-a-likes and pens are pretty poor quality. For stuff like this it's always worth paying a small premium. ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I vape on an Eleaf iStick TC40W with a Genitank using dual coils. Fruit and candy are my preferred flavour types, and I tend to alternate between 0mg and 6mg in terms of nicotine content. I feel a lot better vaping than I do smoking, and the fact it doesn't make the house stink is definitely a nice bonus. It really helps when I'm craving nicotine and helps me focus on work and calms me down when I'm stressed.

• Brohoof 1

I have never smoked, vaped, or done anything similar, nor do I ever plan to.

Since I stopped smoking... No. Why would I tease myself with a low or no nicotine contraption? If I wanted to do that, I might as well start smoking again. So, no. No smoking, no vaping, no.

Vape-Natiown boys.

But no, I do not vape nor use any other harmful chemicals. I don't really mind when other people around me do though, since I grew up around a family that smoked a lot.

I don't vape, and I hope not too. That said, I have been offered tons of times to try it. Hearing of what it can do to you and all that stuff, (and just naturally being underaged) I've had to deny the offers. I don't exactly see the appeal of it either, but I'm sure there's a lot to nicotine that I don't know, besides it just being addictive.

I don't vape, and I hope not too. That said, I have been offered tons of times to try it. Hearing of what it can do to you and all that stuff, (and just naturally being underaged) I've had to deny the offers. I don't exactly see the appeal of it either, but I'm sure there's a lot to nicotine that I don't know, besides it just being addictive.

Just wanting to point out, don't believe everything you hear on the news about vaping. Recently, tobacco companies have been paying for studies into vaping and of course that has led to bias. It's not 100% safe sure, but it most certainly is a lot less harmful than smoking is.

The one thing that really ticked me off was the whole "popcorn lung" thing, as the vapour emitted is so little that the fresh air samples they had contained pretty much the same amount. Heck, cigarettes contain over 700%  more diacetyl than flavoured vape juice, and that amount in cigarettes is so little it's not considered a health risk and popcorn lung has not been linked with smoking. That alone really does say something.

Good on you though for denying it, being able to resist peer pressure like that really is its own talent. I'm also not trying to say to pick up vaping (unless you're someone who is currently smoking and wishes to quit), I just hate it when people fall for the scare tactics that the media pump out.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just hate it when people fall for the scare tactics that the media pump out.

Its really dumb, cause its just one side saying all these false facts about the other side who cant say anything because the government ordered them not too. Smoking anything isnt good for you, but i believe researching all three sides of the story. Their side(anti-smoking chains), The others side(Tobacco), and logics side(IE common sense mixed with science). Long story short, anything is bad for you if you use too much of it. 

I don't think vaping is much healthier than smoking since you're still putting something other than what was naturally designed to go into your lungs into them, but I suppose its better than smoking. I'm not a fan of smoking at all, I think it smells and stuff, but so does vaping, however there's a huge community around vaping now so I can see the appeal.

I vape, but I don't inhale. I just puff, which basically means: the stuff never enters my lungs. I just like the flavor and it is about the same level of badness for me as like... Eating a cheeseburger at that point with how little I do it too. Because of that, I am not really addicted to it, I literally stopped for months with no issues.

If you only puff, you're really not doing that much to your body.

I once had a friend that vaped. He really tried to sell it like it was so much better, but when he did it in the car it smelled just as nasty to me.

I don't vape, just as I don't smoke. I don't see how that could even possibly add anything to my life personally.

I quit smoking through willpower but when i started University i found that the stress with the addition of the still present cravings was driving me insane, on my way to pick up Tobacco i noticed a Vape shop had just opened in my city, i went in and bought a starter kit. Now im on a larger Box battery with several tanks, all containing different flavours.

I dont flavour hunt much, i just stick to one main one consistently but now and then i buy a newer premium flavour (80/20 mix) just to try other ones.

• Brohoof 1

I tried vaping a while back. I was never a smoker but something in my genes always responded favorably when I smelled a certain brand being puffed nearby. Anyway, I wanted to see what it was like so I tried a Joye 510 and kinda liked it. I haven't used it now for a couple of years, since I got on a health kick. I didn't want anything foreign gong into my lungs, even if it's harmless (I only used the zero nicotine kind). But it was an interesting experiment that I recommend to anyone trying to quit smoking. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I used to, but i'd rather have some Hookah instead.. or a cig.  :rarity:

(edited)

My dad vapes. He used it to stop smoking, and it's worked ever since.

He usually gets a lot of his liquid/flavouring from other people he knows, so he hasn't paid for it for about a year actually. He gets some really good smelling ones, like the Skittles one, and there's one he's using now called "Piñata" I think? He also had one called "Thug Juice." They come up with the weirdest names. :P

I would suggest vaping, and lower the nicotine slowly to try and quit smoking. It seemed to help my father a lot!

Edited by Mettaton EX