Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Do you vape?

Rainbow    Dash

Never have been a smoker however a good friends of mine got me into vaping and it really helps with anxiety. The flavors you can get are downright awesome.

I just started a couple of days ago and love it. I mixed two flavors one called Sublime (tastes like butterscotch ) & Georgia Crush (Peachy taste) Mixed the two juices together and it tastes great.

Listening to music while vaping is pure bliss :3

Edited by Gone Airbourne

I neither vape nor smoke.

I've always been skeptical about vapor cigarettes being safe, and I'd much rather not try it out in the first place than realize I made a big mistake if scientists discover it's dangerous.

• Brohoof 1

I recently quit vaping probably like a month or two ago. Me and the wife agreed to quit vaping and and smoking when we moved here, and we've kept to that. Not because it was terribly bad for us, we just wanted to be serious about our new life.

• 11 months later...

If hookah counts, yes.

My old one is busted though - i need a new one. :blink:

On 8/19/2017 at 2:27 PM, Niko said:

Do people vape still? Jesus, haven't seen one irl in AGES

Oh yeah, I work a couple doors down from a vape shop, and they stay fairly busy with customers of all ages. In addition to vaping myself, a couple of my friends and my roommate vape. I've had a great deal of trouble in getting away from smoking, and I've ultimately decided that (with several studies proving this) vaping is safer. So if I'm likely to be doing one or the other, I'll take the alternative that allows me to breathe better, tastes better, and doesn't make me or my clothes smell like an ashtray.

2 hours ago, Magus7091 said:

Oh yeah, I work a couple doors down from a vape shop, and they stay fairly busy with customers of all ages. In addition to vaping myself, a couple of my friends and my roommate vape. I've had a great deal of trouble in getting away from smoking, and I've ultimately decided that (with several studies proving this) vaping is safer. So if I'm likely to be doing one or the other, I'll take the alternative that allows me to breathe better, tastes better, and doesn't make me or my clothes smell like an ashtray.

Yeah, I guess it can help with getting away from cigs.

No. I still remember when I first went to college, someone sitting in the row behind me in one of my classes was doing it, and it was making me a little bit uneasy, so I told the board, and they put a ban on vaping on campus.

• 9 months later...
(edited)
On 8/19/2017 at 2:27 PM, Niko said:

Do people vape still? Jesus, haven't seen one irl in AGES

I’ve seen a few and there a couple of smoke shops in my city that sell vape. One time I was at a bus stop and this lady let out a haze - I shot a brief glare at her. At least she was respectful not to blow it directly in my face. 

As for myself I don’t vape but I have nothing but respect for those who do so long as they are respectful not to blow rudely in others faces or personal spaces. Concerning nicotine, a little of something nasty is better than a whole ton of it. From an Islamic perspective the damage is still greater than any benefit within, and so vaping is still forbidden like smoking and alcohol.

Edited by Wiz Ahmad

I actually do vape. I smoked cigarettes on and off for about 3-4 years, quit for a good while, picked it back up for about three months, then quit for good again. Used a vape, and let me tell you, it worked. Also, I used to have one of those bigger batteries that were about 80 something dollars, great investment, but I ended up downgrading because I got tired of carrying it around. Plus I miss the feel of holding a cigarette. Ya know? Between your fingers, and the gesturing and the way it goes to your lips, it was always more of a social and oral fixation thing for me, not so much the nicotine. So I got me one of those Mark 10's. They are sort of like a Blu e-cig, except they are rechargable while the Blu's aren't.

Never touched them. Never had a desire to. I despise regular smoking for more reasons than I can count, and although I understand that vaping has considerably less harmful substances or second-hand fumes, I'm still skeptical over its long term health effects.

I know a couple of friends who say that it helps with their anxiety, but my issue there is that I wouldn't want it to become a 'crutch' that I have to rely on whenever I do feel anxious. The same reasons I never took medication even when my anxiety was at its worst.

• Brohoof 1

Nope.

I keep pet birbs, and they have delicate respiratory systems. I don't know what the exact effects of vape fumes on birds would be, but anything that contaminates the air they breathe could have very rapid detrimental effects on them. I knew a guy who chain-smoked around his birds and his pet parrot tragically died at 5 years of age (she could have lived for 40+ years.)

Ever since I had to listen to my aunt's nasty smoker's coughs since I was a little kid, I swore off smoking of any kind if the end result is something like that.  You do you, though.

(edited)

Nope, and I don't think my family would be too happy to find out I was either. I've been around people who do it, and sometimes it does smell nice, I'll admit. I've never had a desire to smoke anything though. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Never touched them. Never had a desire to. I despise regular smoking for more reasons than I can count, and although I understand that vaping has considerably less harmful substances or second-hand fumes, I'm still skeptical over its long term health effects.

I know a couple of friends who say that it helps with their anxiety, but my issue there is that I wouldn't want it to become a 'crutch' that I have to rely on whenever I do feel anxious. The same reasons I never took medication even when my anxiety was at its worst.

You have to be careful. While vaping might not be for you---I used to have the same thinking process. "I can do this, I can get over it, I don't want to become something that's not me if I start taking medication!"

But.... alas----if you are suffering with anxiety, literally a chemical imbalance in your head that you have next to no hope of fully fighting back---I would suggest seeing someone and getting on something if it's reccommended. I can't tell you what to do, I can just tell you from experience that trying to be the tough one about it----doesn't work. Trust me, for a while, I saw it as weakness, like how dare I not be able to control my own head! But it's not weak to seek help.... especially if your anxiety is becoming crippling or keeping you from doing something in your life. It's not a 'crutch', just like eating isn't a 'crutch'. You don't see people taking medication for other health issues such as asthma, or even cancer as a 'crutch' do you? I'd hope not. This is the same thing. Mental disorders are just as valid as those other disorders... and sometimes, you need medicine. ^_^ I'm better off for finally swallowing my pride. Anyway, a bit long, my friend, and I'm sorry for that, I just wanted to let you know... I've been where you are right now. It's not worth it to stubbornly hold on to that.

As for the vape conversation----honestly? I won't lie---I l ike the vapor. I like feeling like a dragon!! ^___^ When I had my bigger battery, I could make all sorts of beautifuly curly vapor! And I had a few of my friends ecourage me to vape in the house because it smelled so good. Everyone's favourite was my Grey Ghost---it was earl grey tea, with a splash of creme and lemon. Still my favourite flavour to this day!

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Nope, and I don't think my family would be too happy to find out I was either. I've been around people who do it, and sometimes it does smell nice, I'll admit. I've never had a desire to smoke anything though. 

Not gonna lie, when my roommate had the NASCAR flavor, the temptation was high.

1 hour ago, Cyclone 1066 said:

Not gonna lie, when my roommate had the NASCAR flavor, the temptation was high.

I don't blame you, I would be tempted like crazy with a NASCAR flavor. :lol: