Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 6 Premiere: The Crystalling!

EquestriaGuy

OK while I don't like Starlight. Is it me or is the Sunburst and Starlight Sub plot going to be minor in this episode? It seems completely out of place.

OK while I don't like Starlight. Is it me or is the Sunburst and Starlight Sub plot going to be minor in this episode? It seems completely out of place.

Well, its possible that sunburst will be there to help make starlight not feel so hard on herself or learn to embrace her talents or whatnot. Moral support to tell her "Yeah, you almost destroyed the timeline, but you're really a good person and shouldn't feel BAD about what you've done!" :/ That kind of BS.

Given that the plot is about a baby's out of control magic causing horrible catastrophes, and starlight's special talent is seemingly stripping ponies of their magic...

I'm thinking this is going to end up like Troubleshoes or diamond tiara with Starlight learning how to use her talent "Right" in bottling up or dampening flurry heart's magic until she learns to control it, with everyone congratulating starlight on saving the day, ect.

Well, its possible that sunburst will be there to help make starlight not feel so hard on herself or learn to embrace her talents or whatnot. Moral support to tell her "Yeah, you almost destroyed the timeline, but you're really a good person and shouldn't feel BAD about what you've done!" :/ That kind of BS.

Given that the plot is about a baby's out of control magic causing horrible catastrophes, and starlight's special talent is seemingly stripping ponies of their magic...

I'm thinking this is going to end up like Troubleshoes or diamond tiara with Starlight learning how to use her talent "Right" in bottling up or dampening flurry heart's magic until she learns to control it, with everyone congratulating starlight on saving the day, ect.

Well, considering how they were able to turn around Diamond Tiara's Cutie Mark into something positive and awesome..

You've got me really excited now. If Starlight became some kind of special magic container.. the SCP/Men in Black possibilities are endless!

Okay, I'm getting myself a bit too excited over something that may not be.. still, Starlight! :D

..Oh, and the baby. I'm not really against her like the majority, but I haven't formed a solid opinion yet. I prefer the Baby Cake's designs over hers. Flurry Heart's eyes are just.. enormous and unsettling.

The Crystalling: Part 1- The Mane Six attend the Crystalling of Cadence and Shining Armor's new baby at the Crystal Empire; Twilight gets the chance to present Starlight with her first friendship lesson.

So some characters I care about are doing something mildly interesting with other characters I don't really care about.

The Crystalling: Part 2- The Mane Six scramble to save the Crystal Empire from an eternal winter; Starlight struggles after the failed reunion with her old friend

An eternal winter!? Where have I seen an environmental threat poised as a source of conflict in a premiere before? 

post-30550-0-73305300-1457205377_thumb.jpg

As for the whole Starlight/Sunburst thing... I don't know. I'll reserve judgment on that one until the episode airs or more information is available. 

Oh it will not be minor, it's going to be the emotional focus of the episodes.  The whole eternal winter thing with Flurry Hearts is the minor part, just to raise so as to make us care as to why Sunburst and Starlight should still be friends and try to justify Starlight's Heel-face turn. 

Looks like Starlight might betray the Mane Six by becoming an villain...again.

I would love to see that happen! Too bad you'd have a better chance of building a snowman 100 ft high in Hell before that happens though.

So some characters I care about are doing something mildly interesting with other characters I don't really care about.

Hoping it doesn't turn out like the last finale with all of the m6 sans twilight and then starlight being just cameos. But I have a feeling it'll end up like that, with the others being ditched ala the crystal empire early on "to do something important" while we focus on twilight and starlight for the rest of the episode.

..Oh, and the baby. I'm not really against her like the majority, but I haven't formed a solid opinion yet. I prefer the Baby Cake's designs over hers. Flurry Heart's eyes are just.. enormous and unsettling.

.....no thats the new baby puppet they uded it in aj baby pic in the one where pinkie knows

(edited)

Sunburst will be an asshole in an attempt to make us sympathize with Starlight.

I don't know how the premiere is going to balance the baby and Sunburst.

Also, no Spike in the premiere.

Edited by VG_Addict

Hoping it doesn't turn out like the last finale with all of the m6 sans twilight and then starlight being just cameos. But I have a feeling it'll end up like that, with the others being ditched ala the crystal empire early on "to do something important" while we focus on twilight and starlight for the rest of the episode.

That's how it's been since The Return of Harmony when the Remane 5 still had some part to play, in fact they were the entire focus because the episode was based around their friendship. It's really been obvious since season four were they(r5) have had little to no role to play besides giving up their elements, getting captured and letting other ponies save their cutie marks.

(edited)

I think people are overreacting over how much the premier will effect S6 as a whole. The best episodes have always been the ones that aired in between the premier and the finale, which should never be used to determine the quality of the season as a whole. Friendship is Magic sucking doesn't automatically mean Suited for Success or Winter Wrap Up also suck, Crystal Empire or MMC sucking doesn't stop Sleepless in Ponyville or Wonderbolts Academy from being fantastic episodes, and etc.

The only similarities between Poof and McFlurry is that they're OP magic babies, but considering that Poof is a baby of two main characters, and McFlurry is a baby to two minor characters, I don't think she'll that much of a worry

And I also think people are blowing the whole Starlight and Sunburst thing out of proportion too I think don't think either subplot will overtake each other as far as important goes, but rather they'll both cross paths. Even as someone who's been very vocal against the way they've handled Starlight, I'm willing to forgive the writers for it as long as they don't make Sunburst out to be a complete tool

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 4

Howdy all!

I'm happy for the S6 premier.

Should be GOOD!! :yay:

As far as the new arrival in Flurry Heart.

Cute as a button! :D

Cant wait to see more of her.

Yes more Starlight Glimmer the merrier.

(Wouldn't surprise me if Starlight sings too same with Cadence singing a Lullaby to the baby)

See ya!

Also, does anyone else thinks that "Crystalling" kinda sounds like "Chrysalis"?

The only thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word "crystalling" is Attack on Titan...

post-14850-0-37615100-1457206564_thumb.png

Whelp, my guess is that flurry heart's magic is snow related, she unintentionally is causing an eternal winter or summoning the windigos with her magic, and its a race against time to bottle her magic somehow. 

That's what I thought, too... Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know, amiright?

post-14850-0-93271800-1457206466_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

That's how it's been since The Return of Harmony when the Remane 5 still had some part to play, in fact they were the entire focus because the episode was based around their friendship. It's really been obvious since season four were they(r5) have had little to no role to play besides giving up their elements, getting captured and letting other ponies save their cutie marks.

Coincidentally one of the big reasons I've been losing interest in the show :/

(edited)

I think people are overreacting over how much the premier will effect S6 as a whole. The best episodes have always been the ones that aired in between the premier and the finale, which should never be used to determine the quality of the season as a whole. Friendship is Magic sucking doesn't automatically mean Suited for Success or Winter Wrap Up also suck, Crystal Empire or MMC sucking doesn't stop Sleepless in Ponyville or Wonderbolts Academy from being fantastic episodes, and etc.

The only similarities between Poof and McFlurry is that they're OP magic babies, but considering that Poof is a baby of two main characters, and McFlurry is a baby to two minor characters, I don't think she'll that much of a worry

And I also think people are blowing the whole Starlight and Sunburst thing out of proportion too I think don't think either subplot will overtake each other as far as important goes, but rather they'll both cross paths. Even as someone who's been very vocal against the way they've handled Starlight, I'm willing to forgive the writers for it as long as they don't make Sunburst out to be a complete tool

This is why I really dislike the premiers, or at least the advertising of them, they take way too much of the focus. The real meat of the season never really gets enough limeline. I mean last season we had Make New Friends but Keep Discord, Amending Fences, and The Mane Attraction, all with relatively little fanfair by the marketing team and all were miles better than the two-parters. (IMO) 

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 1

This is why I really dislike the premiers, or at least the advertising of them, they take way too much of the focus. The real meat of the season never really gets enough limeline. I mean last season we had Make New Friends but Keep Discord, Amending Fences, and The Mane Attraction, all with relatively little fanfair by the marketing team and all were miles better than the two-parters. (IMO) 

Going to be honest, I feel that S4's premier did a good job of affecting S4 and being an important part of the season, unlike S5's.

• Brohoof 1

I'm trying to think of the potential ways as to how the mane five will actually be useful in this premiere. Twilight is, of course, on top of everything with a potential spell, and will no doubt be crucial to fixing the crisis. But the mane five are pretty shown....leading an evacuation?

I really don't want this to be the second two-parter in a row in which they do absolutely nothing but fill space. 

I read somewhere it was going to start in May, is this only the premiere while all other episodes will start in May? Still great news, I didnt expect the  time between seasons to be so short, less than 4 months since the Season 5 finale? 

I'm trying to think of the potential ways as to how the mane five will actually be useful in this premiere. Twilight is, of course, on top of everything with a potential spell, and will no doubt be crucial to fixing the crisis. But the mane five are pretty shown....leading an evacuation?

I really don't want this to be the second two-parter in a row in which they do absolutely nothing but fill space. 

Nah they're in the same roles they were in in The Crystal Empire, comedic subplot that relives the tension and/or reminding people of the stakes but having no role in adverting said crisis.  They could have Spike be useful, using his fire breath to keep the snow at bay, but only being one dragon and a young one at that, it being at best is just something that slows the snow down slightly, but that would be an intelligent use of Spike so that's flat out impossible. 

As for Twilight's spell that's also going to be completely worthless as it's repeating the same thing that happened in Rainbow Rock, in that it's going to show off Starlight as being super mega important and show just how much of a good pony she is now.

• Brohoof 1