Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 6 Premiere: The Crystalling!

EquestriaGuy

Oh joy. Little miss bad OC is returning. Let's see what other asspulls and contrivances can pop out of her character this time. They can't out beat the The Cutie Remark in terms of bullshit.

Speaking of which I find it very odd that they are cramming her development with Sunburst in literally one episode like a sub plot. Regardless of how shit of a character she is this should've been it's own episode.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

This is a lot to take in for the episode but I'll reserve my thoughts until I see the it. I'm actually more surprised that the release date is much sooner than expected even with the initial date being in May. 

Edit: So it really is on the 26th. I wonder why... 

Edited by EQ_Theta

Wow, I thought Seasons 6 was premiering this May. Are we sure this is accurate?

I think it's safe to say it is. This morning, one brony on EQD saw a promo revealing the date of the S6 premiere, and he said it's March 26th.

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one who's not that excited for S6?

Hello

tumblr_inline_o3eqmvcQko1trstd6_500.gif

Again here is my reason why:

Im not really hyped for season 6 because well I dont see anything that can be done. For one, I am NOT hyped to see Shining and Cadence's ...abomination. Mainly why should I care about Shining Armour and Cadence? Because the show doesn't me give a reason and that we never see Shining and Cadence together in the same scene expect 3 times, but that was for critical marriage plot points.  Secondly, they really cant grow Twilight anymore as a character . I mean think about it, what else can they do for Twilight?. Plus have you noticed how they are portraying this season, she's the new Celestia and shes going to become a background character like her teacher before her. So they introduce Starlight, a half baked "Zuko"; so yeah. I wished I really do wish I could hyped like you guys, but i just cant.

(edited)

Mmm, I still have some hope about seeing Starlight only as a secondary character. If not...  :eww:

PD.: Confirmed (contains spoilers)

Edited by Faztor 5
  • Brohoof 1

Mmm, I still have some hope about seeing Starlight only as a secondary character. If not...  :eww:

Whoa, cool!

It looks like Sunburst is wearing some kind of magician's cape...I wonder if he's like some evil sorcerer who's threatening the Crystal Empire with eternal winter?

(edited)

Cool! We only have to wait until the end of the month for season 6 to begin.

From the synopsis and promo, it already looks like it will be an interesting episode.

I hope we get a bit more history on alicorns and what they are capable of in this episode.

Also Starlight Glimmer having a failed reunion with Starburst, that's something that I totally want to see.

It will be interesting to get a bit more into the type of character he is, given the really really small information we got in the Cutie Remark.

I am intriqued with the whole eternal winter storyline and hope that it can bring some interesting and intense conflict to the premiere.

Maybe we can see the return of the windigos perhaps?

One last thing to note is that Celestia and Luna actually appear to be doing something in the promo, which I happily support.

It would be nice if they got a decent role in the premiere.

I am looking forward to the start of season 6.

Edited by cmarston1

(edited)

I'm getting some real bad "Poof" vibes from McFlurry. 

While I thought the episode "The Fairly Oddbaby" itself was alright, I can't help but see that comparison 

I'm liking seeing Luna and especially Celestia having a more notable role though

Edited by Megas

Ok, I saw this thread, and the article at ED, but I was going to leave my excitement at bay for the inconsistent information, but now that we got a promo officially detailing the air date...... TIME TO BE FUCKING EXCITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED  :squee:

(edited)

So it looks like something is taking over a section of Equestria and it's up to the Mane 6 to stop it, while Twilight researches a spell but prove ineffective until a secondary character, who after going through her own personal crisis, give Twilight a lesson in the magic of friendship and forms a big rainbow laser to help save the day.  Oh boy I can't wait for the season finale where at a gaming competition, the villain manages to corrupt Twilight into being an evil megalomaniac and it's up to said secondary character to ascend to Alicorndom and help her see the ways of the light once more! [/sarcasm]

Well here's another premier I'm not looking forward to.  So instead of a discussion of what an Alicorn is, expansion of the lore surrounding them and the potential ramifications of said Alicorn birth, we get a reskin of Rainbow Rocks with A Fairly Oddbaby subplot attached, and then compressed into a 44 minute plot.  You know while I would rather NOT have Starlight around, if she has to appear I would at least want the writers to do something original with her and not just have her be a recolor of a much better character. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 3

I appreciate your optimism for Celestia and Luna, but do we not already know the procedure?

I already predict Celestia saying to her sister, that there is nothing they can do. Flurry Heart, Starlight Glimmer and Twilight Sparkle are their only hope. ;-D

• Brohoof 1

I appreciate your optimism for Celestia and Luna, but do we not already know the procedure?

I already predict Celestia saying to her sister, that there is nothing they can do. Flurry Heart, Starlight Glimmer and Twilight Sparkle are their only hope. ;-D

Well, it's better than sitting on the sidelines from the get go  :dash:

(edited)

So it looks like something is taking over a section of Equestria and it's up to the Mane 6 to stop it, while Twilight researches a spell but prove ineffective until a secondary character, who after going through her own personal crisis, give Twilight a lesson in the magic of friendship and forms a big rainbow laser to help save the day.  Oh boy I can't wait for the season finale where at a gaming competition, the villain manages to corrupt Twilight into being an evil megalomaniac and it's up to said secondary character to ascend to Alicorndom and help her see the ways of the light once more! [/sarcasm]

Well here's another premier I'm not looking forward to.  So instead of a discussion of what an Alicorn is, expansion of the lore surrounding them and the potential ramifications of said Alicorn birth, we get a reskin of Rainbow Rocks with A Fairly Oddbaby subplot attached, and then compressed into a 44 minute plot.  You know while I would rather NOT have Starlight around, if she has to appear I would at least want the writers to do something original with her and not just have her be a recolor of a much better character. 

Well I did get fairly oddbaby which not good. Plus unlike that episode we nothing of the couple's marriage  who convinced that child. So I'll allow the Doctor to say my hype for season 6

giphy.gif

Edited by COBLoneWolf

Celestia and Luna are going to be in it? I'm super hyped! Here's hoping Celestia will be acknowledged more this coming season. I loved season 5, as it practically went down the fan wishlist and checked almost everything off. A Princess Celestia episode however, still hasn't come to pass. I wouldn't say no to another Luna episode either mind you. #lunaisbestprincess I'm also curious about what role Starlight will play from here on out. I doubt Flurry Heart will be a major character in the long run, at least no more so than her parents. Her seemingly OPness could probably be attributed to whatever plot device was used with the Cake babies and as an Alicorn she ought to have more power than them. I think this season has a lot of potential, and I hope it delivers.

Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

I knew we'd be seeing Starlight again but that was quick. XP

Then again, we did see Sassy Saddles twice in a row. :P

I'm not letting anything rain on my parade. I'm hyped for Starlight! This is her moment. Sunset had a shitty redemption but turned out to be great. I'm sure they can make lightning strike twice.

Whelp, my guess is that flurry heart's magic is snow related, she unintentionally is causing an eternal winter or summoning the windigos with her magic, and its a race against time to bottle her magic somehow. Which will probably be done by starlight to shill her.

not looking forward to this.

Edit: I DIDN'T NOTICE STARLIGHT WOULD BE IN! I DIDN'T READ THE BLURBS UNTIL LATER. AW, TARTAR SAUCE!!! I HATE STARLIGHT!!!!

Yeah... kind of expecting this is going to play out for starlight much like EQG for sunset, in that the episode is going to be about shilling her as the new seventh member with everyone else being useless until starlight saves the day at the end.

Am I the only one who's not that excited for S6?

No. This premier pretty much kills all enthusiasm I had for S6.

• Brohoof 2

Just add a little hard cider into her bottle. There, the day is saved. You don’t really need some Ragna Blade level spell to negate a baby tantrum, geez. So step aside ponies, I got this. Here, hold my ale.

Hum, so this Soul Patch guy is gonna be ditching Glim-Glim for 19 minutes. I suspect a hug and a lesson report to Auntie Twilight. Foals and #Uno x-villains aside, I’m more interested in those fabled exploration episodes. Will they tie them to a new theme revealed in these two episodes, or will they just continue with their map crap nonissues? I hope not. Those were bad.

• Brohoof 1