Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 6 Premiere: The Crystalling!

EquestriaGuy

I'm cautiously optimistic; though in truth I'm just happy that new pony material will be coming in.

BRING IT ON WITH LOVE AND KINDNESS!!!! <3

• Brohoof 1

As for Twilight's spell that's also going to be completely worthless as it's repeating the same thing that happened in Rainbow Rock, in that it's going to show off Starlight as being super mega important and show just how much of a good pony she is now.

That actually seems likely.  

Super excited for the premiere. I'm glad Sunburst will reject Starlight, giving us a character arc for her for the rest of the season. I like the idea that the baby will be causing the disaster, probably leading her to be educated by someone (most likely Twilight) to teach her how to use her alicorn magic more effectively. Plus, Luna and Celestia may actually be involved or do something for once. I'm both surprised and excited that it's coming out this month. I'll happily watch it.

So the premier will be about Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Cadance, Shining Armor and Flurry Heart. Ponies i don't care about. Oh well. -.-

The King Sombra episode was the last two parter i was happy with, hence why i'm not very surprised and have a lousy feeling about the movie.

Yet i still hope for good episodes between the two parters, minus Discord episodes, Luna episodes, Cadance episodes and Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes. -.-"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Let me get this out of the way

I HATE STARLIGHT GLIMMER!

But.....I am exited to see her in the season premier :o

Why are you excited to see her if you don't like her? Are you hoping they'll develop her?

Edited by SiIver Spoon

Why are you excited to see her if you don't like her? Are you hoping they'll develop her?

The description saying "struggles with reunion with old friend" makes me think of Amending Fences

but at least I can see character development.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The description saying "struggles with reunion with old friend" makes me think of Amending Fences

but at least I can see character development.

Let's cross our fingers and hope character development is what we get this time around.

Edited by SiIver Spoon

Funny thing is that I actually saw Sunburst's debut coming a mile away.  I was hoping that he would should up as part of the plot.

That being said, it would be really interesting if he was the bad guy.  A victim of failure at the School for Gifted Unicorns.  Someone who fell from grace, or was jealous at another's success(Twilight perhaps?).  Perhaps he was using Flurry Hearts as a distraction while he channeled in magic for himself to become all powerful, forcing Starlight to battle her former friend.

That would be a really interesting story.  Former friend versus former friend.  Ahh the wonders of conflict.  That's what make stories so interesting.

• Brohoof 4

That's how it's been since The Return of Harmony when the Remane 5 still had some part to play, in fact they were the entire focus because the episode was based around their friendship. It's really been obvious since season four were they(r5) have had little to no role to play besides giving up their elements, getting captured and letting other ponies save their cutie marks.

Actually did mean to point something out in my last post that I forgot to say >.<

The S5 premier did a good job of averting that and making it about the group instead of twilight. Granted, that was Larson, and larson is not going to be around to my knowledge, but still :(

I'm trying to think of the potential ways as to how the mane five will actually be useful in this premiere. Twilight is, of course, on top of everything with a potential spell, and will no doubt be crucial to fixing the crisis. But the mane five are pretty shown....leading an evacuation?

I really don't want this to be the second two-parter in a row in which they do absolutely nothing but fill space. 

Sadly, I'm pretty sure this is going to have her give them a task like in the crystal empire that's only purpose is to shove them out of the spotlight.

Probably something about helping stave off the blizzard or some BS while she, starlight and Sunburst head off.

As for Twilight's spell that's also going to be completely worthless as it's repeating the same thing that happened in Rainbow Rock, in that it's going to show off Starlight as being super mega important and show just how much of a good pony she is now.

As they did with sunset, so shall they do with starlight (which is something that I sadly fear will be true). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the season is about building up to starlight becoming an alicorn in the finale ala friendship games while the others stand in the background and cheer.

• Brohoof 2

As they did with sunset, so shall they do with starlight (which is something that I sadly fear will be true). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the season is about building up to starlight becoming an alicorn in the finale ala friendship games while the others stand in the background and cheer.

You should see the first post I made in this thread, I pretty much said the same thing 

(edited)

You can't be serious. There is no way in hell they'd make Glimmer an Alicorn after one season. It took Twilight three seasons and Sunset three movies to achieve Alicorn status: what makes you think they're going to grant Glimmer Alicorn status in the finale?

Edited by SiIver Spoon
  • Brohoof 2

You can't be serious. There is no way in hell they'd make Glimmer an Alicorn after one season. It took Twilight three seasons and Sunset three movies to achieve Alicorn status: what makes you think they're going to grant Glimmer Alicorn status in the finale?

Sunset was only a good guy in 2 movies, not three; if you say she got 3 movies then starlight got 2 seasons ;)

And given that a movie is about the same length as 3 episodes, and two parters are 2 episodes... thats not much difference in time to shill her up into an alicorn than what sunset got if both two parters are about shilling starlight and she gets episodes in the middle of the season to boot.

I stand by my belief.

Sounds interesting to say the least. As much as I currently don't like Starlight much, I am optimistic with what they can do with her and Twilight. I do like the idea of her learning things from Twilight, so hopefully this will be a good start for it. 

Consider me intrigued, DHX. 

(edited)

Sunset was only a good guy in 2 movies, not three; if you say she got 3 movies then starlight got 2 seasons ;)

And given that a movie is about the same length as 3 episodes, and two parters are 2 episodes... thats not much difference in time to shill her up into an alicorn than what sunset got if both two parters are about shilling starlight and she gets episodes in the middle of the season to boot.

I stand by my belief.

I just don't see it happening. It seems premature to suggest that Starlight's going to become an Alicorn. If anything, I'd argue she's supposed to replace Twilight Sparkle as the second Unicorn in the Mane Six, so Alicorn ascension is out of the question for her. 

Edited by SiIver Spoon
  • Brohoof 1

Alright, here comes the challenge of MLP writers. Make Starlight likeable for us in 1 season.

Now then, the news caught me off guard and now my hype is through the roof!. Didn't expect S6 to be this early.

Now then, hopefully I can watch the premier with you guys on stream before going to Sakuracon later that day.

tough crowd inside here, huh? :P

I don't get all the panic. The earth will still spin after the episode. Granted, the episode description might suggest that it's a little bit stuffed, but even if it's the worst episode ever, there is going to be another 24 episodes.

If people want to leave because of it, by all means, i won't stop them.

• Brohoof 4

Do you think Sunburst will be an asshole?

I'm wondering that myself, I just hope they touch more on why he and Starlight aren't friends other than the fact he got his cutie mark and left her. 

Funny thing is that I actually saw Sunburst's debut coming a mile away.  I was hoping that he would should up as part of the plot. Perhaps he was using Flurry Hearts as a distraction while he channeled in magic for himself to become all powerful, forcing Starlight to battle her former friend.That would be a really interesting story. Former friend versus former friend.

That could serve as an interesting test for Starlight to face. Choosing between one friend and another. But it would be just another unicorn villain, like we haven't seen enough of those.

It isn't about screen time as much as pacing and development. The movies follow each season in order to give an appearance of greater time passing. The amount of time for each character seen may be around the same but the actual events leading up to their changes were different. Sunset effectively succeeded the original Twilight whereas Starlight has just begun studying under her.

And anyway, there's already a Princess of Friendship. Giving Starlight that title(or one similar) does not fulfill any purpose I can see, show or toy sales related.

If anything, I'd argue she's supposed to replace Twilight Sparkle as the second Unicorn in the Mane Six, so Alicorn ascension is out of the question for her.

This would be my guess as well. Whether or not Starlight is going to stay on board with the Mane 6 and turn it into the Mane 7... It's too early to confirm. But I won't rule it out. After five seasons I can see why they might want to add a new main character to help shake things up and put a new twist on the interactions of the ponies we've already established. Considering all the screen time she's had in one season it would be a reasonable development.

Is it just me, or does Sunburst look more like a mare in the trailer? Granted, we only see him for a few seconds, but the shape of his face makes him look more female.

Anyway, the premiere doesn't look nearly as interesting as season five's, but I guess we will have to wait and see.