What did you think?  

315 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I liked it pretty well.
    • THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

My favorite, favorite part was the subplot with Starlight and Sunburst, almost entirely because I think Sunburst is an adorable delight with a great design and a relatable personality. I liked the whole "sometimes you don't grow up to be what you expected to be" thing, and his issues in school. It was a small thing that I probably shouldn't be blowing out of proportion, but I really appreciated the writers throwing that in there. It's reassuring.

The writers just nailed Sunburst.  It made the whole episode for me.  That level of relatability is what I desire in every episode.

• Brohoof 2

Finally, I've watched this episode and... it was pretty cool. Princesses were almost useful except they didn't know anything about restoring the crystal heart =)

Finally, I've watched this episode and... it was pretty cool. Princesses were almost useful except they didn't know anything about restoring the crystal heart =)

It was Sunburst who knew pretty much how it had to be done. Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, and Twilight just had to be given their roles in doing it with Cadance and Shining Armor handling the Crystalling ceremony with Sunburst while Celestia and Luna helped Twilight and Starlight with the Crystal Heart.

Perfect teamwork there from the Royal Family, Starlight, and Sunburst. No Mane Six needed this time to save the day like in previous premieres or finales.

Shining Armour be like "Lets name our child after an event that could have resulted in the deaths of millions"

Don't forget how close it nearly cost Equestria the Royal Family and the Mane Six.

• 2 weeks later...

It was nice season entrance for the newest addition to the MLP season line! But still, I didn't give it a 5 out of 5 because I felt it was a bit cringey with the new foal.

It was kind of okay. Nice change for there to be a moment when someone other than the mane six saves the day but leaving it to the last minute and making it so rushed really loses the wow factor. Flurry Heart should be banished to Tartarus for what she nearly did, almost killing four Alicorns and the entire Crystal Empire but for some reason body bats an eye. That may be considered a negative but I find it absolutely hilarious!

When you finish the 1st episode of the season, the baby is just plain adorable and such huge wings for an alicorn baby.

sig-4527833.2c35a29871a7b9174f7867dbc635

And yet she has no idea of the apocalypse she unintentionally brought on the Crystal Empire, putting her parents, aunt, the Royal Sisters, and the Mane Six in danger in the process.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

!

Taking advantage of your former lack of 20 character limit, eh?

Nah, JK, it's fine :)

Yep yep ... something like that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anypony else DYING for a Flurry Heart plushy? 

:D

Also did anypony else notice that Starlight changed her mane this season? What happened to the bump of hair on top?

The new mane style is awesome, isn't it? If you notice, her old mane made a subtle vertical equal sign, and her "good" mane style doesn't have that.  :)

The new mane style is awesome, isn't it? If you notice, her old mane made a subtle vertical equal sign, and her "good" mane style doesn't have that.   :)

SO IT DOES! I was a caught off guard when the season premiered though, I was all "WHAT HAPPENED TO HER HAIR?"