What did you think?  

315 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I liked it pretty well.
    • THAT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

The premiere makes me optimistic for Spike's upcoming episode.

Spike might acutally *gasps* grow as a character.

AS for the episode I liked how Twilight was plaied out with the whole thinking lessons could just be picked and taught like a class room haha that so her.  STarlight had a nice touch too.

Also castle bigger on the inside :D hahah yup that like every bulding in cartoons. even the library was bigger.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly it's always nice to come back to the show after a good wait. Always makes me feel like I'm experiencing it for the first time all over again.

That being said, I have no gripes about the episode. It was solid.

I'm just wondering what that flying towards the crystal empire was. You know, right at the end.

It kind of looked a bit like Chrysalis to me, but what do I know, I'm only watching on a fuckhuge monitor.

B37hQD2.png

• Brohoof 3

This was just AMAZING!!! Starlight Glimmer and Sun Burst reuniting again!! Princess Flurry Heart!! Not only was it just amazing, the amount of effort it would've taken to make and imagine all of this!

P.S: I may spell wrong cozz I'm only Ate (8). I also did my own avator!

:love:  :love:  :love:  :sunbutt::wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Edited by Fire's Gem

You know? Sunburst's Know-How and Starlight's powerful ability really saved the day! In a way, they remind me of the dynamic duo of Phineas and Ferb, the recently ended Disney Channel show.

I mean, Phineas was the guy who came up with the Big Ideas to make summer fun and Ferb was the handyman of the duo who makes Phineas' ideas a reality!

post-15772-0-31017000-1459032878.jpgpost-15772-0-55694900-1459032882.jpg

Sunburst's knowledge brought the idea for the solution and Starlight's power made the idea work, just like the boys!

post-15772-0-63651700-1459033063.jpg

Plus, doesn't Sunburst's design remind you of an older Phineas Flynn?

post-15772-0-12823700-1459033474.jpg

post-15772-0-87945200-1459033388.jpg

Sunburst: Starlight, I know what we're going to do today? Hey, Where's Spike?

(Cue Spike going out to do this)

post-15772-0-12496700-1461177339.png

Reminds me of another little, but awesome character from Phineas and Ferb... ;)

post-15772-0-60421600-1459034297.jpgpost-15772-0-81814800-1459034232.png

LOL! :lol:

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 3

My favorite part of this episode was Sunburst.  So cute!  And I can't wait to hear more of his back-story. 

Shining Armor was hilarious as the spazzed-out dad.

Still not a big fan of Starlight Glimmer. 

Spike was great!  Nice to see Luna and Celestia too.

sig-4437111.1459026602030.png

I guess Spike really does workout from time to time. :P

Either that or he got those guns from having to carry the Mane 6's humongous piles of luggage every time they all went on a trip.

• Brohoof 3

sig-4437111.1459026602030.png

I guess Spike really does workout from time to time. :P

Whoa, Spike! You look great! If only you were older... :wub: 

I mean, glad to see the workout went well! :blush:

• Brohoof 1

This was not rushed this time. That was really good. Flurry Heart was no disaster at all. Sunburst was okay. Its just my lack of interest for the others. I need many many episodes before i stop considering SS as shoehorned, who takes screen time away from others. And Celestia tried her best as usual.. At least Luna failed by her side, so the ridicule might be limited this time. No personal Magical Mystery Cure happened for me, but did they have to shoehorn her into the intro? There is no escape now. She is here to stay D:

Edited by Swifty

I noticed that when Twilight and her friends first saw the baby and Celestia said this was was the first time an alicorn was born..Does that mean that Celestia and Luna weren't born Alicorns? And if not then how did they become alicorns? 

I  watch some of Flurries parts, but I ended skipping it. The reason being I was right, her subplot reminded me too much of Farily Oddbaby and that's bad, reallybad. I still think she's should put be killed because she's a Equanoid Horror. The only good part was Sunbrust and Starlight reminded me something out Avatar:TLA or Korra, kudos.

IMHO, worst premier in the series, but to be honest it wasnt that hard to do . It was very meh to me.

I will still keep eye open over the (maybe) last season the show and avoid the bad ones. It worked out successfully last season for me

Edited by COBLoneWolf

Ok, here's my rant:

Ok so I really was hoping that the villan of the episode(s) was the Changelings rater than random snow, I mean, Chrysalis can easily absorb the love that Flurry Heart got, plus Chrysalis didn't die, she just got blasted of a mountain. Well, now that both snow and sombra disappeared, maybe next time on a Crystal Empire episode...also, Starlight and Sunburst didn't kissed. rip.

Plus, Starlight does seems like Mane 7.

• Brohoof 2

-Flurry Heart: You know, I can't deny how ADORABLE  :wub:  she looks, and how she flies is cute too. Problem with her is, she being overpowered and the cause of the episode's problem, but that's not her fault really, as babies are more often than not, subjected to such roles. At least she won't be showing up very much  :dash: , not because I dislike her, it's because of such characters rarely provide much. I'm surprised Britt McKillips didn't voiced her though, as FiM has a trend that parents and children share at least one VA :huh:

-Starlight Glimmer: Dunno her new manestyle, but I like it :bedeyes:. She seems to be FiM's answer to Sunny, but didn't followed the same path of being insecure to act, but willing to do so, except for meeting Sunburst

But the biggest w00t here are:

TWILIGHT'S PARENTS FREAKING SPOKE :pinkie: . And following the usual trend, Andrew Francis and Tara Strong voiced them  :dash: , though I'm surprised they managed Tara to voice Twilight Velvet, I've expected Rebecca Shoichet  to voice her. Oh well, they've spoke, and we can sleep in peace

What;'s with that black thing at the end of the episode? The villain of the finale, or the movie :huh:

Overall, it was good, as with last season finale, underwhelming by their standards, but good overall 

I thought it was great. It just confirmed to me that Starlight is best pony (next to RD of course) because she really isn't "evil" once she understands friendship.

Spike was actually good in this one and that's great, because he's really been needing a role that isn't useless, which was in this case helping Starlight and Sunburst become friends again.

I liked Sunburst in this one even if he didn't explain why he wasn't a wizard, which I was left wondering about by the end. Turns out that he underestimated his knowledge, which I think is humble and shows he's an alright character.

The Mane 5 didn't have much of a role here, but that's a good thing because we've seen so much of them throughout the series and haven't given other ponies their turn. I'm glad the writers made new characters like Starlight and Sunburst, because it broadens the overall depth of the show.

Flurry Heart...she's the worst pony ever. Yes, I know she's just an innocent baby. But she almost DESTROYED the Crystal Empire and could've taken somepony out with those wicked lazer beams. It also makes no sense how she has that much power at birth AND how she's an alicorn. Neither Cadance nor Shining are natural-born Alicorns, so what's up with this? I was hoping for an explanation but there was none.

The Crystal ponies were just...*facehoof*. Needless to say, they're not the brightest folk.

So yeah, pretty good. Passes as a premiere. I hope the rest of the season is like this or better.

• Brohoof 2

What a really good season opener! Not quite as action packed and engrossing as other two parters I've seen, so therefore not QUITE as good as some, but still really enjoyable! 

Oh and also, I would like to add: StarBurst is best ship. <3 See what I did there? Starburst?? :D 

... Ahem, never mind, I'll just go. 

• Brohoof 2

Remember what Twilight said to Starlight at the end of Season 5 that got her to change?

"If something that you can't control happens that changes things, work through it together. That's what friendship is!"

After what happened today, I have to agree. Because that's exactly what Starlight and Sunburst did!
post-15772-0-46803200-1459038800.jpg

• Brohoof 1

9/10. They handled Flurry exactly against how I feared she would. Actually makes sense in the show rather than being a simple background plot device (unlike a certain peach and purple sphere...)

As for Starlight she actually fits into the Mane 7 well like Sunset (say what you will) and even has more character development this time around.

And Spike finally gets the attention he deserves! :-)

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial
  • Brohoof 1