Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv New Ghostbusters Movie

So in the past few weeks Paul Fieg also got on board to try and help Anita Sarkeesian fund another stupid Feminist Frequency video series through some crowd funding thing. Considering Anita is regarded as a stain to feminism, a hypocrite and a known for playing the victim and being dead wrong about crap, it's pretty clear that Paul is an SJW at this point. If it wasn't obvious before, it's obvious now.

The only thing I liked was the music. Everything else just doesn't feel like "ghost busters". I mean I'm fine with female protagonists, but the horrible humor they added was already bad enough.

The only thing I liked was the music. Everything else just doesn't feel like "ghost busters". I mean I'm fine with female protagonists, but the horrible humor they added was already bad enough.

Exactly. They are making this film for all the wrong reasons. Instead of making it to make a GOOD Ghostbusters reboot.

(edited)

Personally I’d be just fine will an all female Ghostbusters team, or a new team in general… If the movie showed that they were a taking up the mantle of those who came before. The role of being Ghostbusters passed onto them by the original team and the challenges of such responsibilities while proving they are up to the take of taking over… Perhaps even offering updated tech and new tricks/ideas showing improvement in how things are done.

Heck the original actors wouldn’t even have to make an appearance as long as the original team was brought up by the new and the whole situation involving the changing of the guard was explained in universe. They could even have Real Life Writes the Plot, offering that Egon died and Peter just wasn’t interested in staying on the team. Such would be better then pretending the new all female team are the originals and no one came before.

That would have been more agreeable and would bring less backlash… At least for me, admittingly I can’t speak for others. It is about respect to the original, and not brazenly thinking they can redo the franchise with an all female cast without understandably have complaints/upset by fans of the original.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

I was looking forward to a new Ghostbusters film when they were talking about having the original cast.  But then that all changed, but I remained open minded.

Then I saw the trailer.

It looks more like Scooby Doo than the Ghostbusters.

And then the line "Someone is building a machine that amplifies paranormal activity."  I can't even quite place why, but that one line killed off any hope I harboured for this film.  No doubt I will watch it eventually, but I'll probably wait for it appearing on Netflix instead of spending hard earned coin at the cinema.

Apparently everyone who dislikes the trailer is sexist, cause it clearly doesn't have anything to do with how objectively terrible and half assed the whole production looks.  :diamondtiara:

58029875.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Apparently everyone who dislikes the trailer is sexist, cause it clearly doesn't have anything to do with how objectively terrible and half assed the whole production looks.  :diamondtiara:

sig-4502427.58029875.jpg

Fortunately that  attempt to cover up bad writing failed because even the Wikipedia page does not even LIST sexism for the reason why the trailer is being received poorly, but due to poor humor and low quality.

Sorry Paul, your plan didn't work.

Fortunately that  attempt to cover up bad writing failed because even the Wikipedia page does not even LIST sexism for the reason why the trailer is being received poorly, but due to poor humor and low quality.

Sorry Paul, your plan didn't work.

Its like; What planet is he from? 

If sexism was like THAT then the Rogue One trailer would of been decimated too, but boy howdy look at that like dislike ratio. Its almost like people actually LIKE the movie with the female lead. 

Or you know, No movie or show that ever starred a female leads would ever get a positive rating, like Aliens, Or star trek voyager, or Xena, or My little pony, (continues to list off a slew of things into oblivion)

• Brohoof 1

I mean it's possible that Russo brothers just decided to focus on Captain America,

And the good news; Civil War is a success.

too add to the fun, The director of Ghostbusters has gone on to say that Geeks are assholes.

Paul Feig is going full crazy once again. And he's a sore loser since his opponents have better arguments why the movie will suck and he want to end the "discussion" with going in suicide mode. If he goes even further he'll be forever known as the Phil Fish of the film industry... on steroids.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ultimately concerned for the film :

1. I dislike Melissa McCarthy's brand of "comedy". I personally feel that it is often tasteless, forced, and lacking a lot of creative investment.
  2. The concept of the all-female cast feels more like a politically correct aspect, rather than a compliment to the overall quality of the film. Have you ever thought, "We should have a Ghostbusters film except with women"? Me neither. I don't understand the purpose, and I feel that it is as pointless as the recently proposed "Ocean's 11" all-female reboot.
  3. New films in an already established and heavily influential part of pop culture always end up ruining what was once good. I feel that they should have knew this, as most reboots or continuations of very popular films typically end up disappointing the audience, through nostalgia and otherwise.
Edited by Captain Phasma
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I was surprised that Rotten Tomatoes posted a 75% rating on this movie, and listed it as a "Certified Fresh Rating."  I originally wasn't gonna see the movie, but I may have second thoughts.

I doubt it's gonna be as good as the original, or Spy.(Or even Suicide Squad).

I was surprised that Rotten Tomatoes posted a 75% rating on this movie, and listed it as a "Certified Fresh Rating."  I originally wasn't gonna see the movie, but I may have second thoughts.

I doubt it's gonna be as good as the original, or Spy.(Or even Suicide Squad).

I found some of those sites can't be trusted until the fan reviews come out. Right now it's all critic reviews, and we all know they aren't objective when silver crosses their palms.

I found some of those sites can't be trusted until the fan reviews come out. Right now it's all critic reviews, and we all know they aren't objective when silver crosses their palms.

So that means even the negative reviews can't be trusted ether?

Oh no.  That means Batman vs Superman was actually good.  (Actually, I didn't like that film)

So that means even the negative reviews can't be trusted ether?

Oh no.  That means Batman vs Superman was actually good.  (Actually, I didn't like that film)

It's hard to trust critics these days sadly... Especially with all the controversy about ethics in journalism. It's hard to tell whose been paid off and who hasn't.

It's hard to trust critics these days sadly... Especially with all the controversy about ethics in journalism. It's hard to tell whose been paid off and who hasn't.

Did you hear about PewDiePie being paid off by Warner Bros to give a positive review of Shadows of Mordor?  If nether Critic nor Fan Reviews can be trusted, then that means....you have to trust your own gut.

Did you hear about PewDiePie being paid off by Warner Bros to give a positive review of Shadows of Mordor?  If nether Critic nor Fan Reviews can be trusted, then that means....you have to trust your own gut.

That may be the case sadly, or possibly people whom have no record of being paid off. I find my best system is my own gut, and multiple of such people for checks and balances. It's just a difficult balance because to see for yourself, you have to pay to see the movie, so even if it's bad you are giving the director money. And to not see it you're told not to judge a book by its cover. It's the never ending catch 22. :P

That may be the case sadly, or possibly people whom have no record of being paid off. I find my best system is my own gut, and multiple of such people for checks and balances. It's just a difficult balance because to see for yourself, you have to pay to see the movie, so even if it's bad you are giving the director money. And to not see it you're told not to judge a book by its cover. It's the never ending catch 22. :P

And sometimes, you can end up enjoying a film unexpectedly.  For example, the Warcraft movie got less than a 30% on Rotten Tomatoes and I wound up enjoying the film. 

I'm not kidding.  I actually wound up liking Warcraft.  XP

And sometimes, you can end up enjoying a film unexpectedly.  For example, the Warcraft movie got less than a 30% on Rotten Tomatoes and I wound up enjoying the film. 

I'm not kidding.  I actually wound up liking Warcraft.  XP

Yeah.

It's a relationship of rolling the dice over and over and hoping you come out on top. Wish there was a better way, but sadly there isn't.

Yeah.

It's a relationship of rolling the dice over and over and hoping you come out on top. Wish there was a better way, but sadly there isn't.

Personally, I don't believe in ethics in journalism.  I think every human has a bias of their own in them.  My bias: I think Video Game Consoles are becoming shells of their former selves, I don't like McDonalds anymore, I want a My Little Pony/Transformers crossover, I wouldn't touch anything written by Ayn Rand, I think all the Star Trek/STar Wars rivals is dumb, I think Call of Duty is overrated, and I'm getting tired of seeing too many games like Titanfall and Destiny.