Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How long does it take you to fall asleep?

Member Berry

I think the average time is about 15 minutes for adults. How long does it take you? It takes me about 30-40 minutes :/ and that's a good night. This is with medication prescribed from my doctor (mirtazapine)

• Brohoof 1

Several hours if I just lie there. I usually end up getting up and doing something productive rather than just hoping for sleep.I get a lot done at night. >.>

• Brohoof 3

I'm really quick when it comes to falling asleep. On a normal day, maybe about 5 minutes, +/- 2 minutes. If I'm not as sleepy as I usually am by the time I go to bed, it might take up to 30 minutes to fall asleep.

* if i'm having to sleep early to be up to go somewhere, it can take me hours. if i'm just being lazy around the house, it can be a matter of minutes.

I would say somewhere around 30 mins to an hour on average. My mind has a tendency to run rampant with ideas while I lie awake in bed, so drifting off can take a while.

• Brohoof 1

I struggle with Chronic Insomnia, so it takes me a good while to fall asleep at night. I normally don't get to sleep until 4:00am-5:00am. When I do end up getting to sleep, I end up sleeping until 3:00pm.

Anther contributor to my lack of sleep is my Panic Disorder. I am just... too afraid to fall asleep.

(edited)

I can watch videos until 5:00 AM. Then it takes me around 10 minutes of just staying still. Every time I wake up either my shoulder hurts or one of my arms is asleep.

Times when I get home from school or just completed something I can fall asleep in a minute. When I was at school I remember making something in english class. The paper had "Blind as a bat" written in the middle, and I had to fill in the rest of the paper with dark blue, using my pen.

My arm was incredibly tired so the very second I finished my head fell to the desk. In the middle of the fall I put my hoodie on, and fell asleep. Dreaming and everything.

The dream was like 4 hours long but only 4 minutes had passed when I woke up.

Edited by FlootahBaby

I usually fall asleep really quickly ... I cannot stay awake for longer nowadays. To be an adult is EXHAUSTING. If I cannot sleep for any particular reason, it will take me around 30 min if I'm lucky.

It depends on how tired I am. Usually though, it takes me about 30 minutes, but I have had moments where it's taken me hours. Like anyone though, I sometimes don't even realize I've fallen asleep until I wake up in the morning. My pattern is all over the place.

I'm on sleep meds too (Ambien) but without it, it usually takes me like an hour! My mind just goes a thousand miles a minute and it isn't until I lay in bed that I remember a bunch of stuff that I need to do haha!