Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Things you can do without money?

cider float

I feel like there's money used for everything these days. Is there ways to do things, get things and have fun without money? What is one you can think of?

Create a bow and arrow in the woods and hunt for food.

• Brohoof 1

you can get things without money, it's called "barter"

go to a flea market with stuff you don't want and see what kind of different stuff you can trade for it

I guess taking a walk around the neighborhood is something you can do! However in my neighborhood, it's never a good idea to walk alone hehe :P

In my case, probably sleeping is something I can do. I mean it's free after all haha XD

(edited)

Pretty much nothing. As we speak here, we're using two services: internet and electricity -- neither of which are free.

Taking a walk? Before you even consider doing that, you need to put on some clothes. Clothes need to be washed regularly and replaced every one in a while. Someone has to pay for all that.

Sleeping is only free if you're in the nude in a shelter you built from scratch with your bare hands using whatever materials you found lying around. If you plan on wearing anything for free, it too would have to be made from scratch with your bare hands using whatever was lying around.

Even excreting costs money because of using toilets, which someone has to pay for to buy and install. Let's not forget that toilets also use up water when used -- which isn't free either -- and that toilets too need to be regularly cleaned. Do hope that nothing bad happens with the plumbing in your life time.

The only thing that's still free is breathing... and let's hope it stays that way.

Edited by SunBurn

Die.

That's basically the only thing that is free of charge(unless you want to speed it up) and a guaranteed outcome. Everything else can be related to an economic cost but not acquiring any of the necessities like food and shelter would eventually lead to death.

Hope that cheered you up! ^_^

Die.

That's basically the only thing that is free of charge(unless you want to speed it up) and a guaranteed outcome. Everything else can be related to an economic cost but not acquiring any of the necessities like food and shelter would eventually lead to death.

Hope that cheered you up! ^_^

Except you need to die by jumping off a building nude with literally nothing on you. And you'll probably end up hospitalized before you finally die, which also costs money, and burying you costs money too. So nope, dying isn't free.

Money has been used for everything since the start of civilization. Barter and surviving off bare resources isn't a very pleasant thing to do for virtually everyone and people found out with a set currency it's a lot easier to trade services and resources. Therefore money is not bad because you need to naturally get the things you want (and it's definitely not free). I'll be pretty surprised if anyone thinks living in back in the Stone Age is fun.

Also, there are Chinese people purchasing clean air from Canada to breathe in. Literally.

Except you need to die by jumping off a building nude with literally nothing on you. And you'll probably end up hospitalized before you finally die, which also costs money, and burying you costs money too. So nope, dying isn't free.

What, are you stalking me now?

In the case of money being used I'm referring to money being spent by an individual not the existence of money in society.

Yes you can die without spending any money. But it's difficult to live without it. You could die in childbirth or even before you're born and have any conception of money.

Nice try but you're wrong.

Also, there are Chinese people purchasing clean air from Canada to breathe in. Literally.

Because that's so relevant to my post and the main topic. Look, nobody cares and nobody is impressed by your little tidbits of information. Save it for another time.

(edited)

What, are you stalking me now?

In the case of money being used I'm referring to money being spent by an individual not the existence of money in society.

Yes you can die without spending any money. But it's difficult to live without it. You could die in childbirth or even before you're born and have any conception of money.

Nice try but you're wrong.

Since when am I stalking you? I only quoted you in one topic and now quoting you in another is considered "stalking".

The only way I see someone dying for "free" is if they drowned, starved themselves, or jump off somewhere high away from human society. Like it or not, your death will cost you money and probably your family's money as well. Deathcare and hospitalization is still a hard cost of death and so is buying a weapon or tool.

Because that's so relevant to my post and the main topic. Look, nobody cares and nobody is impressed by your little tidbits of information. Save it for another time.

That was directed to , not you. I didn't quote him.

Being snide helps very much in a conversation. Especially when it isn't the Debate Pit.

Edited by Sealand

(edited)

You could go on a walk, explore a public park, talk with friends and family, sing/hum/whistle/drum a song, jog/sprint, urban explore (NOTE: probably illegal), larp with sticks... and that's pretty much all I've got. Other than those games you'd play as a kid at recess because you had no money. Manhunt was a lot of fun if you could get enough people playing along.

Edited by Celtore

Stargazing... though it's much better if you live somewhere away from light pollution.

It's also way better with a telescope or binoculars, but those cost money.

You can make heat by rubbing your hands together.

Make fire with flint and tinder.

Kill small game animals with handmade tools, and cook them over the fire you made with flint and tinder...

Okay but seriously, I feel like I'm cheating.   I mean... I was a Boy Scout, so...  :comeatus: 

~ Miles

• 2 years later...

Aside from our freedom rights, well that answer should be obvious right? If  you don't want to pay there's always an option b. 

I go for a run every once in a while. Besides having to purchase the proper shoes, it's a completely free thing to do. Plus, it's very rewarding especially when you achieve runners high which basically makes me feel like a god. I could run for several miles and feel almost no pain whenever I acquire a great runners high. Seriously, it's amazing and I should probably do it more often actually.

Edited by Snow Jam

• 3 months later...