Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you date an alicorn?

Bendy

Would you date an alicorn?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Would you date an alicorn?

• Yes.
    • No.

If I was a pony in Equestria, yes. If I was a human in Equestria AND she could change me into a pony, still yes. If I was a human in Equestria and she could not change me into a pony, then no.

Honestly, if I was living in Equestria as a human, I would probably request to become a unicorn, then learn how to become an alicorn like Twilight learned. (By the way, what is the general consensus...is Twilight an immortal now?)

My OC would probably ask her for a dance on the dance floor. This could be the start of a beautiful friendship... *bricked*

If your dog became sentient and learned to talk, would you want to make love to it? Because that's exactly how it is with Equestrian ponies. It doesn't matter how intelligent they are. It doesn't make it any less gross.

Now their human counterparts from Equestria Girls on the other hand? That's totally fine, give or take a few years to reach legal status.

• 1 year later...

well an alicorn = a diety

and as a deity they could probably cure me of my mortality, so yes

but if she couldn't, than no. that would just be cruel of me to put her through that

Certainly. I feel that with their literal years of experience they would make quite lovely partners. Even though the end would be tragic, if it is real love and care then it would be the same as an earth, unicorn, or Pegasi. ^_^ And most certainly Princess Twily would be a perfect lil grape!

• Brohoof 1

Sure, I'd date an Alicorn if she was interested and approached me. If she's ageless she'd already be aware of what happens when I die and she lives on, so that's her own concern if she wants to get attached to someone she'll inevitable lose. I figure she and I can enjoy it while it lasts. 

(edited)
On Wed Mar 29 2017 at 4:26 PM, KillerKingBakudan said:

If your dog became sentient and learned to talk, would you want to make love to it? Because that's exactly how it is with Equestrian ponies. It doesn't matter how intelligent they are. It doesn't make it any less gross.

Only if you knew the difference between becoming sentient suddenly and being sentient as general, which you probably don't. :confused:

As for the question you ask no offense but your arguement doesn't work here.

And even if we consider all that dog becoming suddenly sentient (which is really non-sense itself) and learned to talk then several condition will be applied to this

1- If someone really want to love the said sentient dog then he somehow had to prove him not-an-animal by definition with rational mind and with equal intellect as humans.

2- Secondly there will hardly be a single person who'd want to love a said sentient dog (they may consider him an experimental abomination).

On other hand Ponies of Equestria are already count as sentient beings. They're civilized and intelegent beings with equal intellect as humans.

I don't see why someone consider both situations to be same.

You see the difference here or you're still trapped in your bubble of  Xenophobia.

On Tue Mar 21 2017 at 4:02 PM, Rick Sanchez said:

somebody better tell this guy that they're horses

For that matter somebody tells THIS guy that humans are also almost-hairless apes.

Edited by An Admirer

(edited)
Just now, An Admirer said:

Only if you knew the difference between becoming sentient suddenly and being sentient as general, which you probably don't. :confused:

As for the question you ask no offense but your arguement doesn't work here.

For that matter somebody tells THIS guy that humans are also almost-hairless apes.

I could argue with you all night about this, but since you'd rather perpetuate a common brony stereotype, I think it's better to keep the situation contained.

* Ignored users list updated *

Edited by KillerKingBakudan

(edited)
On Sat May 26 2018 at 7:21 AM, KillerKingBakudan said:

I could argue with you all night about this, but since you'd rather perpetuate a common brony stereotype, I think it's better to keep the situation contained.

* Blocked users list updated *

Whatever suits you bro. Because unlike you I don't like to rant about what I think is wrong.

Edited by An Admirer

If this were more like if you could date an alicorn like Cadence who isn't immortal, then I'd say yes from the standpoint of just another pony, and my reasoning comes from this quote by Tywin Lannister.

"Do you know what legacy means? It's what you pass down to your children and your children's children. It's what remains of you when you're gone."

I don't want to be a fond memory among many for a single individual. I want to leave behind a legacy, and dating an alicorn is a means to do that. Yes I'd look forward to good times together and what not, but there's always more to just how you feel about each other in a relationship. Most people will take financial stability into account. I like to think bigger than that.

• Brohoof 1

Some updated thoughts, and a partial reply to some comments/commenters, my first thought still stands. If I could be made into an immortal, (not merely a mortal pony) then and only then would it be a good idea. I hate the idea of leaving my partner for life alive behind me. Maybe I've just watched too much Doctor Who, but the thought of a mortal dating an immortal doesn't seem right. Such question usually comes up when talking about elves, also. In lore, elves are either ageless or have 1,000+ year lifespans. They see many mortals grow old and die before they themselves even start to grow wrinkles. 

As for the idea of "it's the same as dating your dog if it became sentient," that's actually not a similar situation. Sorry to burst bubbles, but we're talking about fictional characters and imagined fantasies. Our pets aren't fictional or imagined. Comparing pets to alicorns really isn't similar. With pets, you already have a pet/owner relationship. Suddenly changing a pet into a sentient being throws a wrench into that relationship. Let's not even get into the question of how many animalistic traits the newly-sentient being has. Plain and simple: pets aren't magical, fictional characters. Another difference is the issue of mating/reproduction. I'll try to not be gross here, but let's be honest; humans and animals can't mix. Giving sentience to a pet doesn't change its biology. Just because Sheba the malamute husky can now think and talk like you doesn't mean that she can be the biological mother of your children. And since we're being honest, if we're talking about dating, that issue would eventually come up in the human/alicorn relationship. That's why I said that I'd only date an alicorn if she could make me into an alicorn also. Physically becoming an alicorn (or even a unicorn like my OC) would eliminate the interspecies problem. If I couldn't become an alicorn/unicorn/pegasi/EP, then I wouldn't date one. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...