Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starlight Glimmer double cross

RainbowTashie

With the season 5 finale being a little lackluster to say the least I like to headcanon that Starlight is going to spend the whole of the new season with the mane 6 supposedly learning friendship lessons only to double cross them at the end being even more badass then before. What are your thoughts on this? I just can't sit back and be lead to believe a broken friendship can result in a pony altering time and space itself. Also the season 6 finale should result in Starlights true redemption and she should become an alicorn. Her magic is on par with Twlights and she can freakin' fly already! doesn't that make her the ideal candidate?

(edited)

It would make for a great storyline if that were to happen, but I feel as though the rest of the mane 6's trust other than Twilight for Starlight still needs to be fully restored as it is anyway, so if she was to betray them then it would certainly put the situation between them in a bit of a state.. We will have to see!

Edited by AtomicStone

Why would Starlight risk everything she has now in order to gain power later? She already made amends with her old friends, and gained trust of the mane 6. It would seem an awful lot wasted in order to reform her in the first place then.

• Brohoof 1

Nah I'm not seeing it, not with how they framed her reformation. It may of been lackluster but it doesn't really lend itself to a story like that since she wasn't doing what she did to be evil. She had some skewed ideas on equality and friendship, but she wasn't evil. 

• Brohoof 3

Even as someone who wasn't happy with how Starlight was handled in the end of Cutie Remark, making her double cross everyone sounds and undoing everything prior sounds like an even bigger waste, especially now that Sunburst is back in the picture

• Brohoof 1

With the season 5 finale being a little lackluster to say the least I like to headcanon that Starlight is going to spend the whole of the new season with the mane 6 supposedly learning friendship lessons only to double cross them at the end being even more badass then before. What are your thoughts on this? I just can't sit back and be lead to believe a broken friendship can result in a pony altering time and space itself. Also the season 6 finale should result in Starlights true redemption and she should become an alicorn. Her magic is on par with Twlights and she can freakin' fly already! doesn't that make her the ideal candidate?

While I would like to see a character turn down a reformation, I can pretty much say that is NOT going to happen.

that montage was a huge diabetic shock of how Great and redeemed she is now, they're not going to go double back on that. The only character they did that "Still evil" plot with was Discord, even THEN they made sure to re-reform them right about 10 minutes later, and Discord was MASSIVELY more of a dick and less reformed than starlight was shown to be at the end of the Finale.

• Brohoof 3

I thnk that this could defnitely be a possibility, but I don't think that it's likely to happen.

I believe that Starlight Glimmer has realized what she had done was wrong and that she genuinely wants to turn over a new leaf. I suppose we'll have to wait and see, though.

• Brohoof 1

Heh.  This was Starlight's plan all along.  You think she actually made peace with Twilight?  Pffft.  She wanted Twilight to "reform" her so she could get on the inside and set them all up for the long con.  Her real revenge will be when she frames Twilight for the murder of Flurry Heart.  Hmm.... too far, perhaps?

All jokes aside, I'm sure Starlight is not going to betray them.  And if she became an alicorn, I'd be very upset.

• Brohoof 3

While I do like the idea of it, mainly due to her unsatisfying reformation, I highly doubt it will actually happen in the show.

It could be really interesting if it were to happen though.

Heh.  This was Starlight's plan all along.  You think she actually made peace with Twilight?  Pffft.  She wanted Twilight to "reform" her so she could get on the inside and set them all up for the long con.  Her real revenge will be when she frames Twilight for the murder of Flurry Heart.  Hmm.... too far, perhaps?

All jokes aside, I'm sure Starlight is not going to betray them.  And if she became an alicorn, I'd be very upset.

I knew it.

While I do like the idea of it, mainly due to her unsatisfying reformation, I highly doubt it will actually happen in the show.

It could be really interesting if it were to happen though.

Yes it will happen in S6 alright...a la The Flash...involving Harrison Wells aka The Reverse-Flash, you know I'm talking about...Starlight could be pretending to be "reformed" throughout the whole time.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know why, but I don't really see Starlight Glimmer double-crossing. I would like to see that happen, and it would certainly be interesting, but I don't see it happening. If she were to, I don't see them doing it so soon. I see her as being more like Sunset Shimmer. An idea for how it could be done is if a villain gains control of her against her will. For lack of a better comparison, it is like in the most recent Toy Story movie when Buzz Lightyear was an antagonist. I also see them following this up with Starlight feeling terrible about what she did.

I don't know why, but I don't really see Starlight Glimmer double-crossing. I would like to see that happen, and it would certainly be interesting, but I don't see it happening. If she were to, I don't see them doing it so soon. I see her as being more like Sunset Shimmer. An idea for how it could be done is if a villain gains control of her against her will. For lack of a better comparison, it is like in the most recent Toy Story movie when Buzz Lightyear was an antagonist. I also see them following this up with Starlight feeling terrible about what she did.

Yeah it might happen FlutterFly761, trust me...Starlight will betray the Mane Six for sure...badly.

Yeah, like this is going to happen. Not in this kinda show, since it's supposed to spread a positive message.

Some might like it, some don't. But as Ric Flair used to say: "if you don't like it, learn to love it." :P

No thanks.

As much as part of me would like what happened with Discord to happen with her, I want it to be more organic than in the OP. That was a terrible so-called "redemption", and I can see her going bad again because of it...but it could make things worse if not done juuussst right.

So we'll just have to see how it play out and hope things get better.

Now here’s the sitrep: Starlight will catch Twilight and Sunburst in a very deep and heated discussion about the magic of friendship. Angry about her ex-ex-friend ditching her for a firmer butt, she will swear on her mom to equalize all pony butts, sprout not one but three pairs of wings, and fly into the shimmering sunset while lekking angrily like a black grouse. Fortunately enough, her aim won’t be getting better.

While I would love for this to happen, having Starlight being a pony to show that not everyone can be your friend and what not,  it's way to tragic for it to actually occur in the show, nevermind that there was that over the top horrible montage at the end of Season 5 and they aren't going to recon that (unbearably) happy ending. 

• Brohoof 1

It won't likely happen, but I sure would love it if it did. It would serve as the ultimate confirmation that the mane six cannot simply throw friendship at every single problem they come across and expect it to work 100% of the time. I really think they need to learn that it actually can fail. 

Additionally, it would further establish Starlight as an incredibly smart and crafty villain, and not the massive disappointment I found her to be in The Cutie Re-Mark. 

Even though it isn't really going to happen, I would actually would like to see Starlight Glimmer double cross the mane 6.

And unlike Disocord not be re-reformed.

Mainly because that way, she would finally have to get some sort of punishment for all of the horrific things she has done and this time wouldn't be able to teach kids that you don't have to take responsibility for your actions.

Plus villain reformations have gotten really old by now, and something like this would actually be unique and interesting.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

Starlight double-crossing is just as terrible an idea as reverting Twilight back to a unicorn. Rather than working hard to make Starlight one of the Mane characters, DHX comes across as quitters by telling the audience, "I give up." This mea culpa is incredibly out of character of her and puts the show back to the status quo.

• Brohoof 1

Even though it isn't really going to happen, I would actually would like to see Starlight Glimmer double cross the mane 6.

And unlike Disocord not be re-reformed.

Mainly because that way, she would finally have to get some sort of punishment for all of the horrific things she has done and this time wouldn't be able to teach kids that you don't have to take responsibility for your actions.

Plus villain reformations have gotten really old by now, and something like this would actually be unique and interesting.

While it'd be nice to see such a scenario, you'd expect the villain to be more grudging in their heel face turn (Like how discord clearly wasn't sure about turning away from villainy) for it to work; Starlight is basically brainwashed into a friendship loving nice girl who begs forgiveness for her crimes and throws herself at the mane six's mercy at the end asking for punishment.

It just cannot work in any way shape or form with the ending of the finale, its too sacharine in how she acts.

Yeah, Tanks for the Memories was more enough to convey that message... >_>  

You had my attention until you said 'alicorn'. But as for her betraying the Mane 6 it would immortalize her as one of the greatest villains in my view. Even if it was done poorly just the idea of such a wicked trick is impressive in its mean spirited nature. Such a turn would most likely land her in Tartarus or just destroyed.

Well, I guess MLP Season 6 is next week, but I was wondering: You guys think Starlight might betray the Mane Six in the Season 6 opener perchance? Right?

Well, I guess MLP Season 6 is next week, but I was wondering: You guys think Starlight might betray the Mane Six in the Season 6 opener perchance? Right?

That is not likely. Starlight Glimmer has already genuinely apologized for her past behavior and has been reformed. Starlight Glimmer betraying the main characters is merely just a theory at this point.

• Brohoof 1