Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you have a social life

joshuachasseur

Ironically, we watch a tv show about how equine horses get along with their social life but yet we don't? Yeah, I don't have a social life either but you know what, I feel just fine being alone because at the end of the day it's truly you own life and you've got to carry your own bags.

My social life is a bit weird.

I have a good amount of people I like but only a close group of 5-6 that I'd really count as friends. I only ever see them in school as I hardly go out with them, which is something I hope I'll change soon.

I think I spend too much time inside on my computer and its having a strong negative effect on my social life. I just need to appreciate that my friends are more important than games :D

BTW I don't think the show has much of an effect on my social life, I was like this before I found MLP!

Edited by Vennax

Nope o_o

One of the things about me I consider the strangest is that I'm a man who just loves solitude. I love being by myself without any pressure to be anyone else. 

I love to do a  lot of crazy things, playing guitar, doodling, exercise, all of these things I like to do in my own room . Alone o_o. Not that I'm a guy who isn't sociable, I just prefer being alone. 

I suppose that's why I love the forums so very much <3 

I can be alone AND I can have social interactions with folks. It works well for me  :wacko:

Nope, next to no social life. Heck I even hang out with my younger brother and his friends occasionally just so I can get outside and be with people. xD

I have friends, and I do talk to them. But I don't go out of my way to find them and talk to them, and I just simply can't ask if someone wants to hang out for the afternoon or something. I don't know why, I just kinda lock up and worry whenever I attempt to. So outside of school I never really talk to most of my friends, apart from one who's hella talkative and likes to blabber on. We get on well and I can just sit back, listen, and chirp in every now and again. ^^

Online I'm quite different, when it comes down to public things such as this forum, I'm a lot more open and sociable. When it comes to stuff like private messaging or the like I do what I do in real life - lock up and worry and try with all my might to type something back.

Well i have 3 friends with who i keep the contact, and if they need me for some reason, then i go, or if they invite me for some hangout.

But to party, and other stuff, i won't go, thats not for me.

I talk with my colleagues, just for fun, or to fool around a bit.

(sorry for my bad English)

Funny how a show about friendship is loved by so many people who don't really want any friends. :P

I don't mind talking to people, and I like having friends, but I usually don't go out of my way to make them. I just kinda treat everyone like a friend, and if we end up becoming friends over time, then we will. If not, the least I can do is be nice to them. :)

• Brohoof 2

That is truly funny, and you are right. This show is about friendship, however we spend a lot of time on the forum, instead of go out and do something.

And my thinking is same as yours, if you nice to people, the perhaps one day he/she will be your friend :)

I like to say I have a social life. None of them are MLP fans though. They know I'm fond of ponies but they don't know that I chat on forums occasionally. We hang out probably 3x a week and have regular lunch dates. I'm concerned about making friends in college because I won't be as involved in activities there as I am in high school. I often wish I had pegasister/brony friends too. I think MLP fans should make up a secret secret signal to find other bronies!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say so, i play in bands occasionally and have a decent size bunch of friends. I can be flirtatious too. But among the somewhat hyper-social people i know i'm sort of the shy and quite one.

I think having a social life is a matter of opinion.  It's true, I do not go out every weekend drinking and partying (never have).  But I am very socially active in other ways.  I enjoy going to bookstores, hanging out with my sister and nieces, having a cup of coffee with friends, talking about my favorite books with friends, among other things. 

I play online games and love talking to other players via Skype, Vent, etc...  I am also rather active on Twitter.  Maybe the proper wording should be that I have a social network life?  I enjoy what I do even if society doesn't see it as having a life.  It's my life and I love it. 

Edited by Melody Belle

My social life is starting to improve! Today, I actually made a new friend...

Out of a pillow, a paper plate with a face drawn on it, some duct tape, and my imagination.

I'm a very socially awkward person who it takes a long time to really get to know. I'm also kind of quiet, so it's easy to lose interest in me. Not to mention that my awkwardness makes me prefer to play with my phone or read a book than actually talk to someone just because I have no clue what to say. So no, I don't really have a social life and I never have. I do have some friends online, but even so, usually people don't talk to me and I don't know how to approach them so not much happens. Then my friends spend time gaming together but my one friend's boyfriend who doesn't like me plays with them so I just kinda have to stay on the sidelines. :|

I don't know how to friend. And I pretty much have to use the written word until I really really like someone so yeah. I'm very bizarre and people don't have the patience for it. Plus I don't like going out places where there will be lots of people, so no clubs or anything for me.

Sometimes it gets lonely, but I'm hopeful that I'll get enough quality friendships to satisfy my social needs. I don't really need a lot of friends to always hang out with or anything.