Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you have a social life

joshuachasseur

My social life is hoppin' right now. My job requires me to be in contact with people of all ages, all the time. Let me tell you, working in service will up your social skills times 100. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

I think my social life has degraded even more since my last post :ButtercupLaugh: I talk to one person on a semi-daily basis and another usually about once a month, and those monthly conversations usually consist of three messages each or less. Maybe it'll pick back up when I get my motorcycle and can actually go places.

Not really

6 hours ago, Emerald Heart said:

Yep! I have three wonderful friends that I've known since elementary school!

I wish this were the case for me. Everyone in elementary and middle school were jerks to me.

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 1

No. I am mostly to blame for it, since I don't enjoy any social activity like getting drunk, or talking about ... sports/work/politics/movies.

I do like talking about nerdy things like video games, and technical things like computers. And I don't need to get drunk in order to have a good laugh. But that isn't what a normal person should be doing. That is not normal. When I hang out with someone like myself, it can't be considered a social life at all.

• 1 month later...

Well, I had more of one a few weeks ago. lol But yeah, I guess my social life is decent. I've found that it's way easier for me to meet people now that I live away from home. My roommates are people my age and they help me meet other people as well.

• Brohoof 1

What kind of social life are we talking about here, exactly? Face to face? Over the internet?

If it's face to face I do indeed have one and will stretch it as far as my social needs go.

I have friends I hang out once a week and I did have social events I went too like 3 to 5 times a month before the co19 hit. 

• Brohoof 1

I chat with a few friends when I can. Most of them just have landlines or nothing at all so some of them are more difficult to contact with others.

In general, I’m not a very social person, but I strive to be better than my loner self in my middle school years.

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I chat with a few friends when I can. Most of them just have landlines or nothing at all so some of them are more difficult to contact with others.

In general, I’m not a very social person, but I strive to be better than my loner self in my middle school years.

Cool to hear there are still landlines over there! With all the technology, you thought the oldest one was reduced to nothing, but it is still there in the background :o I'm a nerd + more

• 1 month later...

What's a social life? Whatever it is I don't have it and I'm not buying thank you very much. Now while I would want to believe I have a social life I have had no interactions with people for now half a year. Though even so before it wasn't social life I have never had a social life.

• Brohoof 1

@Sunamena when I was with my ex I just hung out with her friends but I never really clicked with any of them and never had time to make my own friends, so when I broke up with her I was left with no one to talk to or spend time with outside my family, and I don't live in a place where it's easy to meet anyone, especially at this crazy time.

2 hours ago, BlankFlank777 said:

@Sunamena when I was with my ex I just hung out with her friends but I never really clicked with any of them and never had time to make my own friends, so when I broke up with her I was left with no one to talk to or spend time with outside my family, and I don't live in a place where it's easy to meet anyone, especially at this crazy time.

Are pony meetups an option? =D

I have as long as I study I guess. Fortunately my classmates are really cool guys, I hang out with them in school and sometimes in Discord. But the last time I actually went out with someone was really long ago

• Brohoof 1