Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Waffles

PyroMotional-Pony

I'm just gonna say that homemade, pour-the-batter-into-the-iron-yourself waffles beat the pants off store-bought ones.

Even the Krusteaz Belgian toaster waffles I used to like got kinda boring after a while. 

Edited by PacificGreen

• 2 weeks later...

It's impossible to go wrong with a Belgian waffle lightly dusted with sugar, with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream on the top drizzled in banoffee sauce. Belgian waffles in general though are delicious, so it doesn't really matter what you've got on top - if anything at all!

I only ate waffles on a couple of occasions, and it's safe to assume they're better than hot-cakes! (don't get me wrong, i enjoy those too, but waffles have some more coolness!) A pity they're somewhat rare here on Mexico

I'm Dutch, so stroopwafels are truly the one acceptable answer for me to give.

I remember when I traveled to the Netherlands a few years ago and fell in love with stroopwafels. They're apparently really good with tea. 

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy the crispiness and thickness of Belgium waffles, especially how they stack on top of each other.

My home is only a walk away from an original pancake house (how ironic, huh?), and they serve the best breakfast waffles that I've ever tasted.

• 2 years later...

I had some tasty chocolate chip waffles at IHOP once, they'd rank pretty high on the list methinks.

11 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

Oh yeah. This is my new favourite thread now.

I really just like any type of waffles. :adorkable: Especially if Fluttershy comes with them.

ff2373cadd19eefdee52567865d13386.jpg.60fc361b833d5aed09e42b93956b7ed3.jpg

Waffles topped with a cute pony! My goodness, order me a stack!! :yay:

I'm not actually fond of things that you put syrup on for the most part but my family used to have this tradition of putting home made country gravy on gigantic waffles for Christmas breakfast. No one picked up the mantle after my grandparents stopped being able to host the get-together every year.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It’s my breakfast half the time. They’re just pretty quick to prepare and easy to eat. I’ll sometimes just toast a couple and eat them plain (sometimes they’re vanilla or blueberry flavored).

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind them, especially if you serve them with the right things. I personally love having them with maple syrup and ice cream.

Edited by Cash In

Waffles are the best. From store-bought to homemade to Belgian, with sugar, syrup, fruit, or whipped cream, any and all waffles are welcome on my plate. :ph3ar:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...