Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Last TV show you watched

Member Berry

Hardy Boys (on Hulu) and Domestic Girlfriend (on VRV). Hardy Boys has potential but it hasn’t been realized here. Mostly it’s a lot of grief over personal loss and talking endlessly about it instead of getting down to business and solving the mystery, which is what Hardy Boys is supposed to be about. Domestic Girlfriend is an okay anime but not my favorite.   

• 1 month later...

I'm going to keep shilling Centaurworld to anyone who has Netflix, as I've binged it several times in just the short time it has been out. If you're a fan of animation, MLP, Kimiko Glenn, Broadway music, Over the Garden Wall, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, etc, WATCH IT you will not regret it, the first season is just ten episodes. It's one of my favorite series of all time already. Don't let the trailer turn you off, the tone changes BIG time.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Book of Boba Fett. Even though I generally know what to expect from Disney’s version of Star Wars, I had to give this show a look out of curiosity. And I was, as expected, deeply disappointed. This is more drawn-out fanfiction that never goes anywhere, has no fidelity to the iconic character of Boba Fett and is drowning in more of Disney’s woke BS. Boba Fett seems like a tired, weak, lapdog to Fennec Shand (a token ‘strong ethnic female’ carried over from The Mandalorian) and seems more interested in scratching his gentle Rancor behind the ear, teaching it to roll over and beg for a doggie biscuit than he is in taking care of business as the head of a new crime syndicate (from Fennec’s badass shadow, that is). The requisite daddy-issue subtexts are there of course, along with some camping out with the similarly denuded Tusken Raiders who somehow don’t know how to protect themselves anymore (but hey, they’re probably great at making s’mores and telling scary stories around their undefended campfires). At least Fett’s cool armor is back, even through the Disney board room apparently decided to omit the cod piece, likely to dilute the fact that he’s male at all. Fett spends more time with his helmet off than on, which any true Star Wars fan will tell you is grossly inconsistent with the character who once said of his helmet, “This is my face.” Looks like another dud from Disney, just like The Madalorian (which supplies some handy filler in this series as well). I’m sure the Obi-Wan series coming soon (and following the same template as Book of Boba Fett, from the look of the trailers) will be another for the scrap heap. Disney’s Star Wars just ain’t workin’ out.

• 3 months later...

The Walking Dead. I just finished season 2 episode 10, 18 Miles Out.

I avoided The Walking Dead for a long time. The zombie apocalypse premise has never really been my cup of tea. Feels so overdone. But I'm enjoying the ride.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-08-12 at 7:25 AM, Prospekt said:

The Walking Dead. I just finished season 2 episode 10, 18 Miles Out.

I avoided The Walking Dead for a long time. The zombie apocalypse premise has never really been my cup of tea. Feels so overdone. But I'm enjoying the ride.

It gets bogged down later on in my opinion, but it has tons of great moments and season 1 is fantastic.

• Brohoof 1

The new Hamster and Gretel series made by Dan Povenmire (The same guy who made Phineas and Ferb, well one of the two guys anyways xD)

Gotta say it's a really good show, and I can't wait for more!

• Brohoof 1

Re-watched The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, again... Lol, I know it's hard for ppl to get into puppets, but it's SOOOO good lol xD

Season 3 episode 16 of The Walking Dead. It's safe to say I'm now hooked.

Spoiler

The Governor was an awesome villain and I'm glad he lived. Can't wait to see what they did with him in the next season.

And I didn't expect Andrea to go the way she did. I didn't like her at all for most of these first three seasons. She always seemed like a liability who lacked common sense. But she redeemed herself in my opinion.