Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Any words/terms that the Internet has made you hate?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I also hate how people seem to like using the word "autism" as an insult nowadays.

What bothers me most about this is that nowadays, people just generally accept that autism is used as an insult. I typically don't care about my own autism all that much, but I do feel that the more it gets accepted in some circles, the more I feel like I'll get treated like less of an actual person and more of a joke by others.

• Brohoof 4

With the advent of the Internet, it seems the English language has gone through several small phases within it. Many words have sorta shifted in meaning and others, are now being used in a very repetive manner for one reason or another. This can result in making a word or term become very unappealing and thus, extreme dislike.

Let's go into that topic. What are some words or terms that the Internet has made you hate?

One recent one for me is the word cringe. I don't get what the obsession is with this word lately, but the internet seems to really love using it in a really snarky manner. Its gotten old really quickly for me. 

A pegasister/brony made a livestream on youtube not too long ago about cringe humor videos where people act cringy then alot of people were commenting about wanting to kill themselves etc cuz it was so cringey. That could have made some bronies pick up on the term and overuse it.

"Moist"

It was that goddamned meme of that old lady...Now I can't stand that word.

"bae"

Seriously...what the actual fuck? Whoever came up with that term needs to be shot.

"Cringe"

Way overused of a term.I've seen it used as part of an insult towards fandoms and generally being trollish.

"Peasant"

Blame the "PC Master race" for that one.Among fanboys of PS/Xbox. But PC Elitists are the main reason I hate that word now.

"YOLO"

Another dumb saying...Don't even have words to describe it.

"Stance/Stanced"

Being a car fanatic..I can't stand that anymore..because of the stupid "Stancing" trend for cars, which looks ridiculous as hell.

• Brohoof 2

"YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS": I think I don't need to explain much about this one

"problematic": I literally think that this word gets used for all and nothing nowadays it's messy

and a lot of other terms which can be found on the deep and darkest places where SJWs are frolicking around

• YOLO
  • SWAG
  • BAE

These are not words. You're all fired for using them.

FIRED FROM THE INTERNET.

ONE MILLION YEARS DUNGEON!

2851308-lemongrabymm16.png

• Brohoof 2

"Just saying."

No, you are not "Just saying", 95% percent of the time you've said it because you're trying to get a point across. How many times do you say something 'just because'? It's like you're trying to be humble, but we all know what you really mean.

It's also a redundant statement. We KNOW you're "Just saying", you've just said it! That would be like if I ended every post I made with "Just posted."

Just posted. :maud:

• Brohoof 1

SJW

Social Justice Warrior

The reason I've grown to greatly dislike this term is because it has ceased to have any meaning. I believe that it originally had some merit as criticism of those who would posture as fighting for social justice while really only propping themselves up for social recognition. Now it's become a blanket term for anyone one considers to be too far left of them on an issue and just a means to dismiss them offhand. It's just a lazy tactic like the overuse of 'misogynist' and 'xenohobe'. 

• Brohoof 5

Social. Justice. Warrior.

Just.. ugh, makes my head go numb.

a recent one for me is "cuck"

i spend a lot of time on 4chan, and while i don't exactly take the "debates" that happen there seriously, people toss this word around in them ad nauseam. it's quite annoying

I hate the word bae, people use it so much and don't even know what it means!

it means "shit" in danish...

we're speaking english, not danish

SJW

Social Justice Warrior

The reason I've grown to greatly dislike this term is because it has ceased to have any meaning. I believe that it originally had some merit as criticism of those who would posture as fighting for social justice while really only propping themselves up for social recognition. Now it's become a blanket term for anyone one considers to be too far left of them on an issue and just a means to dismiss them offhand. It's just a lazy tactic like the overuse of 'misogynist' and 'xenohobe'. 

this oh my god

heaven forbid you show you genuinely care about others nowadays without people screaming sjw

radfems will always exist, why don't we just go back to using that word for the stupid people on the left wing

Edited by Tyto
  • Brohoof 5

Here are some of the words that I really dislike:

• YOLO

• Bae

• Swag

• 'Murica

• Squad

• Fam

Just thinking about them makes me become irritated.

• Brohoof 2

Fucking SJW. Maybe at some point, a long, long time ago it had some meaning, now it's just a slur edgy right-wingers use to describe anyone who they disagree with. "Look at this guy, he believes in equal rights! What a stupid feminazi SJW lol."

Donorcycle/organ donor. For those who are not into motorbikes, it's a slur that some EMT's use to refer to bikers. Yes, i know motorcycles are dangerous. Yes, i'm aware that i'm putting myself in danger every time i get on my bike. No, that doesn't mean it's okay for you to use some shitty, "clever" nickname to dehumanize me because of my hobby.

• Brohoof 4

"Salty." Sheesh, it's used so often to describe anyone who may have an opinion you disagree with.

"You don't like this new game being developed? You're just salty."

"Quit being salty because you can't win."

"That face your making is so salty, huh?"

It's more the condescending way the term is used than the word itself. The word has become completely ruined, every single time I see it I can't help but groan or roll my eye.

For example, after the Corrin and Bayonetta Smash DLC were announced, there were many people who disagreed with the choices and weren't happy with the outcome. I lost count of how many times the term "salty" was used to describe them. It was becoming more obnoxious than the most annoying complainers themselves.

I don't know, I guess you can just say I'm being salty about this..

Insulting people by saying they're autistic is the new "retard"

You know, because calling someone retard is wrong.

...it never ceases to amaze me how people substitute a derogatory term for another derogatory term.

With the advent of the Internet, it seems the English language has gone through several small phases within it. Many words have sorta shifted in meaning and others, are now being used in a very repetive manner for one reason or another. This can result in making a word or term become very unappealing and thus, extreme dislike.

Let's go into that topic. What are some words or terms that the Internet has made you hate?

One recent one for me is the word cringe. I don't get what the obsession is with this word lately, but the internet seems to really love using it in a really snarky manner. Its gotten old really quickly for me. 

THIS. Also, pretentious-sounding BS like Overrated, Overhyped, Objectively, and Literally. And someone saying Objectively Superior when they think that just means "Super uber good".

Oh, and who could forget ABSOLUTE ***ING CLASSICS like "This guy is so autistic", "Autism. Autism everywhere", retarded arguments made by hippies about thinks they lack the mental processing ability to understand, the term cringe-worthy, the whole gender thing (Life must suck for those otherkin that genuinely beleive their gender is plant/plantself, but have their existences mocked by those idiots doing it because they want to feel speshul and unique when they're really just as talentless, pathetic, lame, and normie as it gets.

Somebody please end this. Darker yet darker yet darker still, every day, I see stupidity top what I saw yesterday. Make it stop.

"Autist". I do not hate the word itself, just how people throw it around like an insult when it is an actual problem for people. I am by no means PC, but autism is a mental disorder, not an insult.

A brief list: faggot, noob, dank, etc...

Edited by geartree

Dank.
Someone I use to know use to use that word all the time, and I still get a very sick feeling in my stomach when I read it. Unfortunately, it's a whole internet joke so I see it everywhere.