Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No Larson for Season 6

Whirlwind

So according to EQD, M.A. Larson will not be involved in writing episodes for

Season 6

What are your opinions on this?

His Season Five episodes were some of the highlights for me last year, so it is a shame that he isn't penning another episode. That said, some of the other writers are solid enough to pull together good Pony. Larson didn't write for Season Four and I still enjoyed that one. 

• Brohoof 11

I knew it was coming, but it still hurts :(

Larson was the ONE good shining thread left on the team of its past glories. His work on S5 were the highlights of it (the premier for example was WAY better than the finale), and Haber is NOT in any way shape or form a viable replacement for him, given how horrible friendship games was and how subpar the finale was compared to previous two parters (Like ROH or the S5 premier).

• Brohoof 5

I knew it was coming, but it still hurts :(

Larson was the ONE good shining thread left on the team of its past glories. His work on S5 were the highlights of it (the premier for example was WAY better than the finale), and Haber is NOT in any way shape or form a viable replacement for him, given how horrible friendship games was and how subpar the finale was compared to previous two parters (Like ROH or the S5 premier).

It's looking more and more like S6 will be the worst season of the show.

• Brohoof 1

Without any doubt, this is the worst news I've heard in months. 

Amy Keating Rogers leaving the show was almost overkill itself, but now Larson?! 

So not one, but TWO of the show's best writers by far will be absent from season 6---the very season that will clearly have to navigate the pitfalls of the "overpowered baby" trope, as well as potentially adding a new character to the main cast?!?!?!  :blink:

*Activates Panic Mode* 

• Brohoof 13

It's looking more and more like S6 will be the worst season of the show.

Probably the last season too; as equestria guy pointed out in a post on ponychan, if they had plans for a seventh season of FIM, they'd have it greenlit aby now, and larson is taking off from ponies to work on pennyroyal academy, and he'd most probably have been done with it by S7 time.

So him saying "the last I'll work on ponies" period, meaning its not a seasonal break like before, implies that There's no season 7 planned and the movie is indeed the end of the ride.

Probably the last season too; as equestria guy pointed out in a post on ponychan, if they had plans for a seventh season of FIM, they'd have it greenlit aby now, and larson is taking off from ponies to work on pennyroyal academy, and he'd most probably have been done with it by S7 time.

So him saying "the last I'll work on ponies" period, meaning its not a seasonal break like before, implies that There's no season 7 planned and the movie is indeed the end of the ride.

At least it won't be like Spongebob or the Simpsons.

• Brohoof 3

So him saying "the last I'll work on ponies" period

Except that is not what he said, the quote was "amending fences was his last involvement" however with all of that being said I do kind of hope the show ends with this season or the next as i would like it to have a nice legacy.

Without any doubt, this is the worst news I've heard in months. 

Amy Keating Rogers leaving the show was almost overkill itself, but now Larson?! 

So not one, but TWO of the show's best writers by far will be absent from season 6---the very season that will clearly have to navigate the pitfalls of the "overpowered baby" trope, as well as potentially adding a new character to the main cast?!?!?!  :blink:

*Activates Panic Mode* 

Hey, don't worry! We have Josh "Friendship games" haber to take their places! Because everyone likes the other mane six being cameos or power batteries, right?!

I remember last year, I couldn't wait for S5.

Now, I'm considering not even watching S6.

Same.

S4 ended on a nice note and I was really intrigued about what was to come with the table and the characters.

Now... I'm pretty much dreading what we have, not only because of the plot indications but the talent leaving :(

• Brohoof 3

I remember last year, I couldn't wait for S5.

Now, I'm considering not even watching S6.

You know he was not in season 4 ether, it is not like this is really that big of a deal.

Hey, don't worry! We have Josh "Friendship games" haber to take their places! Because everyone likes the other mane six being cameos or power batteries, right?!

I find it funny you say that, when defending Larson, because that was exactly what the 100th ep was LOL.

You know he was not in season 4 ether, it is not like this is really that big of a deal.

I find it funny you say that, when defending Larson, because that was exactly what the 100th ep was LOL.

Major differences:

A. Slice of life was a non-serious, obviously joking episode, not a finale or movie.

B. Slice of life had ALL of the mane six as a background joke, they didn't Decide "lets take one and kick all the others into the background while they either go on a solo adventure or godmode to save the day"

Jesus, when did this turn to a doom paul thread? :P

It's sad really. Larson really was my favorite writer of the show. I think him working Amending Fences was truly a good way to end on a high note.

However, throwing the show away because of it, is not something that i will stoop down to. But i will say, if this will be the last season, i am totally okay with it.

• Brohoof 6

More reason to suspect S6 is likely the final season with so many of the staff from DHX leaving and with a movie incoming next year. It's going to be pretty hard to replace many of the talent that are jumping ship from the show in such large droves.

• Brohoof 3

:(  well that's no good. Amending Fences was one of the best episodes of the season if not the entire series, so its a strong note to end off of, but I loved the personality he brought to the writing staff. 

yes, I agree Amending fences is a really strong ep to end on. In fact it is probably one my favorites of the whole show.

Although I also agree about his personality, I think I liked him more then the ep. he wrote anyway. He is just so funny, at conventions and such.

• Brohoof 2

1109169__safe_text_meta_twitter_text+onl

Another one not returning...

BTW, we need to get the two threads on this merged XD

Damn, Natasha was also another one I was growing fond of. Now S6 looks like a wash with so many of the past writers not returning for this season. I'm not saying it's going to be bad, but with so many of the talent not making a return, it only makes it harder to make S6 a quality season.

Damn, Natasha was also another one I was growing fond of. Now S6 looks like a wash with so many of the past writers not returning for this season. I'm not saying it's going to be bad, but with so many of the talent not making a return, it only makes it harder to make S6 a quality season.

The fact that we have so many writers seemingly jumping ship all of a sudden for S6 is quite worrisome as a trend as well :(

• Brohoof 6