How was the episode?  

204 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was decent.
    • I liked it.
    • I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!!!! <3

I rather enjoyed this episode it was fun, very funny and with Maud? Well nothing could go wrong. *Giggles* It was amazing to see Manehatten aswell and the monuments and such of the city aswell.

As always here is my Review of the episode. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeyD6SkxEb0&feature=youtu.be

I liked Rarity in this episode. The episode wasn't centered around her and she played a great supporting role for Pinkie. Also nice Pinkie impression. The episode was somewhat lacking in other areas though, probably a 7/10.

• Brohoof 3

How come we're not discussing these ambiguously gay dudes?  :squee:

I don't know about you guys, but these two seem like an easter egg to me... There's something familiar about their designs, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Does anyone know who they're supposed to represent?

post-14850-0-71536100-1459764870.jpg

• Brohoof 1

How come we're not discussing these ambiguously gay dudes?  :squee:

I don't know about you guys, but these two seem like an easter egg to me... There's something familiar about their designs, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Does anyone know who they're supposed to represent?

attachicon.gifgiftofmaud.jpg

Their designs are from the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. The resemblance is uncanny, isn't it?

MvkoC8h.jpg

They also appeared in the premiere. :P

• Brohoof 8

Their designs are from the movie Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. The resemblance is uncanny, isn't it?

sig-4451633.MvkoC8h.jpg

They also appeared in the premiere. :P

YESS! Thank you, good sir! It's been bugging me for the whole day! :D

Also, do we have a separate thread for MLP easter eggs? :D I think they are my favourite part of the show since Twilight's Rapidash moment! <3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm changing my vote from liked it to loved it. The second time around was even more enjoyable, especially for the voice actress's variations (even Maud's deadpan had nice variation). 

So, once again go Tabitha, Andrea & Ingrid. AAAA+++++ on their end. 

I can't wait for next year's PSSSDWR.

Edited by PiratePony

Anyone else notice how the party cannon is used a lot at the beginning of the episode but doesn't feature as much until the swap happens?

Chekhov's Gun.

Genius.

• Brohoof 3

Pretty good, i gotta say, the interaction between Rares and Pinks was spot-on and Maud is back for more epicness. The Gift of the Magic plot has been done many times, but this episode handled it pretty well, not to mention Rare's gonna definitely triumph in the fashion business. My only complain is everything about the trade with the swindler. I mean, he was shady, but didn't do anything particularly heinous, and the way Maud and Rarity made him undo the trade feel somewhat anti-heroic. That said, it's a good slice-of-life chapter. Oh, and at the gift shop...

1122657__safe_rarity_screencap_toy_earth

A d-d-dinosaur plush?! Dinos are canon!

• Brohoof 4

Good catch! I do agree that particular plush looks very Dino-like, but I'll bet is supposed to be a dragon, since they have lots of those around. =)

I love this scene - all those cute life-size plushes with their black button eyes! 

One thing though: isn't having a store full of plush animals that are sapient in this world akin to a toy store in our world selling life-size plush humans to kids?

• Brohoof 2

You can buy bigfoot, chupacabra and loch ness monster plushies though...that doesn't make them REAL....just that we have mythology surrounding them

i love the idea of a world with dragons that is enamoured with a hypothetical world with dinosaurs, as a poetic inverse of our own world.  

Or they could have been real.  both seem very possible to me.  

• Brohoof 1

Pretty good, i gotta say, the interaction between Rares and Pinks was spot-on and Maud is back for more epicness. The Gift of the Magic plot has been done many times, but this episode handled it pretty well, not to mention Rare's gonna definitely triumph in the fashion business. My only complain is everything about the trade with the swindler. I mean, he was shady, but didn't do anything particularly heinous, and the way Maud and Rarity made him undo the trade feel somewhat anti-heroic. That said, it's a good slice-of-life chapter. Oh, and at the gift shop...
sig-4452383.1122657__safe_rarity_screenc

I'm more excited about the Giraffe to be honest, I want them to meet one! Maybe it knew Zecora back in college or something. 

full.jpg

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Summary:

An episode that abused my love for pinkie, turning it into an emotional rollercoaster, which in the end, lead to me adoring Maud, and warming up to Rarity, didn't know she had it in her. Also Maud's actually really funny and a lot like pinkie if you pay attention, this is more obvious when she tells Boulder to "play nice" when she puts him on a bigger boulder

And yes, I just called a rock a "him"

Anyways, 11/10 would rewatch until I hate it

Edited by @lpha
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Boulder is cannon! He is not just a random object for equestria girls people...

Anyways...

http://i.imgur.com/iDZCrP8.png

Its not like SHE is right on the left...

Well, I kind of disliked how Maud Pie was threating the Golden Teeth Stallion. I mean, sure, he got the object for the Element of Laughter, but still.

Edited by Flinp

I kind of disliked how Maud Pie was threating the Golden Teeth Stallion.

Not to nitpick, but she was just asking to return the pouch for the cannon, rarity was the one who made it feel threatening

One thing though: isn't having a store full of plush animals that are sapient in this world akin to a toy store in our world selling life-size plush humans to kids?

I wonder if the plushie sections in Equestrian toy stores are as unsettling as doll sections in our stores :P

• Brohoof 1

I love the bit with Boulder finding his family:

post-2257-0-98601900-1459847595_thumb.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsRTtjqmn0I

Couldn't resist, mate.  :D

Not to nitpick, but she was just asking to return the pouch for the cannon, rarity was the one who made it feel threatening

Which just goes to show she doesn't need charm, she uses her wits, too.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Does anyone know who voiced the gold-toothed stallion?

I'm guessing Lee Tockar. I'll check it now and verify. 

UPDATE: WRONG! I was totally wrong.

"James Higuchi  as Pouch Pony"

He was also in 'Trade Ya' as "Comic Geek Pony."

Edited by PiratePony

(edited)

I watched this episode on my break and I was very delighted with what I saw. This sort of well-executed Slice of Life episode was a very good break episode to watch, especially considering I was writing an entire piece about death. This episode did brighten up my day considerably. 

I liked the interactions between all characters, the setting really came alive for me and I was glad we were able to see even more of city. I don't have that much to say on the episode that hasn't already been said. I'm not usually a big Pinkie Pie person, but I find the episodes where she bounces off ponies like Rarity or Applejack tend to work better for me that is. I hope the season continues to be this much fun or at least do this well with character interaction. 

Edited by Seraph
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I was completely blown away by Pinkie Pie's devotion to getting Maud an awesome present in this episode. And I was on the verge of tears when Maud got her confetti for her cannon and Pinkie's sitting there sad and just throwing the it by hoof. That hit me right in the feels. Also not that you need to hear it from me but Rarity was awesome in this episode!! She did a great Pinkie impersonation. 

Edited by Rarity Is Best Pony
  • Brohoof 2