204 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was decent.
    • I liked it.
    • I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!!!! <3

(edited)

Pretty good episode but a bit predictable.

I just don't like that Maud Pie "talks" with Boulder, that makes her look more stupid than she should be.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Maud Pie is such a gem, IMO she always improves an episode even if she's in it for a second. I love the part where she requests a return, I'm going to have to try that next time I want a refund :lol:

Good catch! I do agree that particular plush looks very Dino-like, but I'll bet is supposed to be a dragon, since they have lots of those around. =)

I love this scene - all those cute life-size plushes with their black button eyes! 

One thing though: isn't having a store full of plush animals that are sapient in this world akin to a toy store in our world selling life-size plush humans to kids?

Hey, that's true indeed! There are human plushies out there, but imagine if they decided to make them life-sized too. Would be simultaneously cute and creepy

• Brohoof 1

I do often find Pinkie annoying but I didn't in this episode. I don't understand why many people do. I also love Rarity and Pinkie together (speaking in platonic manner) and Maude always makes me happy. I enjoyed Rarity's Pinkie impression too.

• Brohoof 1

1124952__safe_rainbow+dash_rarity_animat

Now Rarity and Rainbow have a new game if Dash ever ends up back in the hospital again. 

I just don't like that Maud Pie "talks" with Boulder, that makes her look more stupid than she should be

I have a feeling that Boulder may actually be sapient. There was that one scene back in the first episode Maud was featured in where she put a sandwich in front of him and then a bit later it was completely gone. Maybe its a deep and contemplative sort like Gummy?

We DO have sapient rocks and jewels in the show after all. Isn't the Tree of Harmony and the Tree Castle made out of Crystal?

• Brohoof 6

Not bad.

Started out kinda slow or low key (though that's to be expected with Maude involved), then things got interesting.

Pairing Rarity with Pinkie Pie makes things good off the bat, since we don't see them together much without the other 4. They played off each other rather well. Better than I thought they would even Adding Maude to the mix also helped. Then when the party canon was put on the line, things REALLY got interesting.

Also, Rarity does a pretty good Pinkie impression! :lol:

There was that one scene back in the first episode Maud was featured in where she put a sandwich in front of him and then a bit later it was completely gone.

I don't remember that scene but my guess is that was an animation error.

Also, Boulder seems like an ordinary rock, not something magic like the Tree of Harmony.

I don't remember that scene but my guess is that was an animation error.

Also, Boulder seems like an ordinary rock, not something magic like the Tree of Harmony.

Even if it WAS an animation error, this wouldn't be the first time they incorporated errors into canon. Derpy and Steven Magnus's name being two of them off the top of my head are examples of this. 

Plus Gummy seemed like a near mindless gator until episode 100, now we know its just eternally mesmerized by the secrets of the universe. 

I'm just saying when it comes to the Pie family expect the unexpected, like Boulder being a thinking feeling pet. 

• Brohoof 2

I liked the episode, with the theme of love is greater than any gift and all that, but I got more excited of seeing

another regeneration of "the Doctor" I believe it was the fifth Doctor? Just passing by as Maud returned the pouch for the cannon.

That, and 

Starlight Glimmer behind Maud as she returned the pouch, maybe there'll be another Manehattan episode soon because of it?

(edited)

I think this episode had the greatest range of facial emotion - I also liked how rarity emulated pinkie pies over bubbliness in that one example when she is surprised at her lackluster response :P

also that duo make another cameo on the train - do they never leave the train? Lol..

I also like how the rock calls the gems stuck up hahaha..

Edited by Chronamut

That, and 

Starlight Glimmer behind Maud as she returned the pouch, maybe there'll be another Manehattan episode soon because of it?

Starlight Glimmer was in it? Screencap? :o
  • Brohoof 1

Starlight Glimmer was in it? Screencap? :o

I am incredibly sorry for speaking to soon. Never again will I base my observations made from looking at a phone. But I must thank you, because of you wanting a screencap made me watch the episode again on the computer this time, searching for Starlight this whole time. As for the pony I saw, it wasn't Starlight as I thought, but I shall provide the screencap with the pony I thought was her, and I once again beg your forgiveness for my error. The one on the left corner, the pink one with purple mane. (Not many others to choose from, but still.)

post-36717-0-02370200-1459971201_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I will admit when I hovered over the video it looked rather boring - but it was ok - not as good as some of the others but good for character development - fleshed out maud a bit more :)

Maid continues to be one of the most hilarious characters in the show. This was a great episode, paced nice, and I actually did notice the end credits music that has paper entry changed (for the better). Overall, a quality episode.

Maid continues to be one of the most hilarious characters in the show. This was a great episode, paced nice, and I actually did notice the end credits music that has paper entry changed (for the better). Overall, a quality episode.

Auto corrected the word Maud to Maid ;)

I can't pinpoint why, but I didn't really enjoy the episode much. The script was alright, and the plot wasn't horrible but it was predictable.

Now that I think of it, that is the exact reason why. It felt predictable and therefore(for at least me) very dull.

However it wasn't a bad episode by any means, but just because it wasn't bad doesn't mean it was good.

I'll agree about the pacing. It felt reasonably well paced.

I wasn't impressed by it

Maud's boring, Pinkie's predictable and Rarity was bland as ever

Are you having a bad day(s)?  Those are pretty flat statements.  Wanna say what it was that you found so predictable/bland?  Rarity the drama queen bland?  Really?  To me, the only thing predictable about Pinkie Pie is her unpredictability...

But then I was totally unimpressed with the film "The Martian".  But the second time I saw it, (I knew my frame of mind was not good when I saw it the 1st time, so I decided to give it another chance.), I liked it so much that I bought a copy. 

Anyway.  Hugs, and I hope you feel better.  Watch the episode again.  It may surprise you.  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Is

I am incredibly sorry for speaking to soon. Never again will I base my observations made from looking at a phone. But I must thank you, because of you wanting a screencap made me watch the episode again on the computer this time, searching for Starlight this whole time. As for the pony I saw, it wasn't Starlight as I thought, but I shall provide the screencap with the pony I thought was her, and I once again beg your forgiveness for my error. The one on the left corner, the pink one with purple mane. (Not many others to choose from, but still.)

attachicon.gifNamnlös.jpg

Isn't that Suri Polomare?

• Brohoof 3

Are you having a bad day(s)?  Those are pretty flat statements.  Wanna say what it was that you found so predictable/bland?  Rarity the drama queen bland?  Really?  To me, the only thing predictable about Pinkie Pie is her unpredictability...

But then I was totally unimpressed with the film "The Martian".  But the second time I saw it, (I knew my frame of mind was not good when I saw it the 1st time, so I decided to give it another chance.), I liked it so much that I bought a copy. 

Anyway.  Hugs, and I hope you feel better.  Watch the episode again.  It may surprise you.  :muffins:

Hm...too much of a good thing, I guess

I don't like seeing Pinkie continuously be 'Silly' and 'random'

It gets old extremely quickly and much like Spike, Pinkie's better off as a supporting character 

Hm...too much of a good thing, I guess

I don't like seeing Pinkie continuously be 'Silly' and 'random'

It gets old extremely quickly and much like Spike, Pinkie's better off as a supporting character 

You know, I didn't like Pinkie Pie much when I first started watching the Ponies, for exactly the reason you describe.  But now she's my favorite.  Partly because she has "hidden depths."   And partly because I have felt scorned or dismissed by people for my own often-frivolous-seeming behavior. 

I have a question that I like to ask people when I'm "interviewing" them as potential friends.  The question is: Which would you rather be - right or happy?  The folks that answer "right" get put on a back burner. 

Pinkie, I know, would answer "happy."  The two states are not necessarily mutually exclusive, but it does give me an idea of how a "right" person would be if we had a difference of opinion.  And even the best of friends have those.  

I've learned to love Pinkie, she makes me SMILE!  When I'm feeling dragged down by the world, I go find the video of Pinkie singing the Smile Song, and things start looking better immediately. :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2