• I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was decent.
    • I liked it.
    • I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!!!! <3

TitleThe Gift Of Maud Pie

Air Date: April 2, 2016
Written by: Mike and Will Fox

Synopsis: Rarity and Pinkie Pie are in Manehattan looking for an ideal location for Rarity's new store and searching for the perfect gift for Pinkie Pie's sister.

sig-4422300.sig-4422300.rarity_and_pinki

:D Looks like we will be treated to a rare outing with these two characters. Also, more Maud possibly? :)

• Brohoof 13

• 3 weeks later...

Fabulous Pony meets Funny Pony and set out to gift Neutral Pony in 3... 2... 1... GO!!!

pinkie-pie-and-rarity-my-little-pony-fri

This should make for a fun and silly third episode, with hopefully some nice sibling-goodness between Pinkie and Maud.  :proud:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Let me guess: a rock?

It's a rock, isn't it?

Steve Martin pony & John Candy pony are still stuck on the train part of their journey.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

3rd trip to Manehannten! And Could it be...we finally get an episode that focus on two main ponies in the Rarity and Pinkie Pie slot?!

Yes! After this, all we'll need is an episode that focuses on Fluttershy and Pinkie and every of combo of pairing 2 of the Mane 6 will have at least one episode together!

Nice map of Manehatten for the travel montage!

Nice map of Manehatten for the travel montage!

It turns out to be a placemat at a restaurant?! Fooled me!

Wow, I'm surprised it took six seasons for Pinkie to just now almost get arrested!  :yay:

• Brohoof 8

Is it just me, or is Pinkie annoying in this episode?

Ditto. Pinkie's dedication is admirable, but the comedy is very repetitive, and her attitude when the rock shop is closed is completely reprehensible.

• Brohoof 1

Ditto. Pinkie's dedication is admirable, but the comedy is very repetitive, and her attitude when the rock shop is closed is completely reprehensible.

It's like I said in the S6 waiting thread: It's tricky to write Pinkie without having her be annoying, and these writers just can't do it.

Why is it that a menu or tall ice cream order always manages to hide a secret conversation from the other people at the table, regardless of how loud the secret talkers are screaming?

Theme song played on the Sidewalk Piano!

• Brohoof 2

Oh wow, did they just make a Big and Breakfast at Tiffany's reference?  I approve, especially because Rarity looks simply fabulous cosplaying as Audrey Hepburn!  :D

• Brohoof 3

It's like I said in the S6 waiting thread: It's tricky to write Pinkie without having her be annoying, and these writers just can't do it.

I don't know. Season 5 was easily her best-characterized year since the second, and she wasn't that bad in The Crystalling.

But this episode… *grumble* C'mon, Pinkie, you're way more mature than that!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Actually I am very familiar with the original title this episode's title is based on: The Gift of the Magi.

Two lovers traded something precious to them to get a gift that goes with the precious gift of their lover.

Ex: a guy gave up his harmonica to get a chain for his girl's watch, but she traded her chain to get a case for his harmonica!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

"The Gift of the Magi"  Pie edition

EDIT, never mind looks like someone beat me to it.

I remember the original story being about a guy trading his heirloom watch for a set of nice combs for his wife's beautiful hair, and she sold her hair to a wig shop or something to buy a chain for her husband's watch. Maud's gift to Pinkie of confetti being useless is what reminded me of the Magi story. I know I read that in school at least 10-12 years ago and I'm surprised I remembered it. I had to google "hair and comb story" to find the title though.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Yay we finally get a Rarity and Pinkie Pie episode!

And it is always nice to see Maud again.

This episode was pretty adorable and had some good comedic moments.

Rarity, Pinkie and Maud were all great in this episode.

I really liked it.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I seem to be in the minority here, but I enjoyed Pinkie in this episode. I tend to do so whenever the writers find something for her to focus on for 22 minutes.

Also lots of Rarity, gotta love Rarity. Nice episode.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 8

I feel it now, this ep is going to be love it or hate it. You will either think it was funny and sweet or you will think pinkie was annoying.

well I for one really enjoyed it. I thought the ending was really heartwarming.

• Brohoof 4