How was the episode?  

204 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was decent.
    • I liked it.
    • I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!!!! <3

OK, so Maud was easily the best part of this episode.  Though I can sort of see justification for Pinkie's behavior here; she may have been a tad over-the-top, but we know she goes the distance for her family, so it kinda makes sense.

• Brohoof 4

that was freaking hilarious :D even with pinkie along, maud definitely wins the comedy-part. "Don't you see the fire in her eyes?" that and her demon-teleport-abilities even topped pinkies expressions. rarity's story makes another step forward now that she's found the location for her own botique. wait...rd becomes a wonderbolt in this season, rarity gets her own botique, and twilight has a student on her own.....I have a very bad feeling about this.

well, since I don't have anything to complain about, there isn't much to write (german-style: perfect is standard.). I loved this episode and I hope that most of the season can keep up with this.

• Brohoof 2

This episode is decent in my view. it has some adorable moments in the end but also some crazy and funny moments when Maud Pie is trying to get the canon back. But the story plot was quite below average. But I still liked the episode!

(edited)

This was a pretty good episode, although it seemed a little predictable to me when Pinkie received confetti after trading in her party cannon. Maud was pretty funny and for some strange reason I looked forward to seeing Boulder again as well.

Edited by Captain Doubloon

One of the best episodes ever :D :D <3 <3 

I really loved that classical New York Italian. He was completely Vinny Lucco style xD 

And that was a great lesson there :). I myself have sometimes... struggled when it comes to gifts. I always try giving something back that is more expensive, since I am afraid of letting other people down. So it was pretty nice to see that lesson come out there, since those problems do exist  :please:

• Brohoof 2

A sweet, fun episode with some of my favorite characters! Just what I needed. :D

Rarity, Maud, Pinkie, Manehatten, easter eggs(the cane, the theme showing up in the show again), 4th wall breaking, bargaining, bargaining back, ponies physically being bothered by Pinkie lol... enjoyed so much about this episode, season's off to a great start. :)

Episode was alright. It gave me some good laughs, moral was sweet and it was nice to see some more interaction between Rarity and Pinkie for once. It's not a great or amazing, but I had some fun with it.

Also, I'm already hearing people complaining about Pinkie, which I don't get, I thought she was perfectly fine

• Brohoof 3

The episode was okay. Not bad, but certainly not phenomenal.

While i would say that pinkie acted a bit over the top, she wasn't really out of character for me. Though some of the jokes really fell flat for me.

Maud did her usual Maud. All need and dandy, but it kinda lost it's specialness over the last 2 years since we saw her the first time.

Rarity was the highlight for me in this episode. She made a very funny Pinkie Pie impression and i loved her Audrey Hephburn outfit in the episode.

The Moral is nice, eventhough i kinda saw it coming.

All in all, it's okay. I might need to rewatch it again, but for now, it is was it is.

• Brohoof 2

Awww what a sweet episode. I love how Rarity was so willing and dedicated to finding a solution to this conflict, no matter how silly it may sound. She knows it's not silly to Pinkie, and Rarity makes it her priority as well. Simply great episode with a good double moral: kudos to Maud for pointing out the true meaning of gift giving, and kudos to Rarity for being so dedicated to both of her friends.

Maud really showed through and impressed me in this episode. I didn't expect her to demand Pinkie's cannon back. She is so full of love for her sister, it's amazing to see. Makes me jealous to be honest.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Maud episodes are...very trying...

but this was my favorite, because it ended extremely well.

Well, not the canon exchange, but the emotion behind it was perfect.  Maud was the only one there that actually realized what was important.  

I'm glad they didn't actually do the gift of the magi trope full out.  its a bit overplayed.  this one a one-sided version of it.

Edited by weesh

I didn't really like this episode.

The jokes weren't that funny. There was a lot of humor through repetition, but it ended up being more grating than anything. Some of the jokes felt forced, for example the shoehorned Twicane. Pinkie was acting even more annoying than usual here. There WAS one part I thought was funny, the PSSSD song.

The way they resolved the plot (pretty much bullying someone into a trade they don't want to do) was awful. It felt like a mugging, even though Maud gave the pouch back.

At the end, the moral delivered by Maud was pretty good though. So that's one positive point.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

MLP: The gift that keeps one giving!

What I liked:
Rarity: Top comidic form for her here. First time we've seen her and Pinkie in a  duel role and she nails it. Also Rarity is best Pinkie Pie 
Pinkie Pie: Another good outing for her and it's her that the mane plot while Rarity is the comedic relief, that's kind of weird but in the good way. I liked how they kept her energy up while also showing the emotional stress she went through
Maud: As Maud as Maud comes, I really like the deadpan nature of her and she gave some great advice. Also am I the only one who thought she she was legitimately mad when bargaining for the cannon back? 
The Animation: I noticed a whole lot of little touches here and there so keep up the great work!

What I didn't like:
The shop: Seriously who closes their shop for MONTHS at a time?!? I could see a day or two but they said moons, which I take to mean months so to the owner, what are you making and how can I get some?
My Stream: My stream froze up on me and I missed about a minute of the episode

What was meh:
Manehatten: Didn't really come into play outside of allowing a bit more of the New York standin to stand out.

The Police: WHERE THE F*** HAVE YOU BEEN?!?

So yeah a great SoL story to set of the middle more usual far of MLP episodes! 

Edited by Sidral Mundet

Yeah, I thought pinkie was a little annoying this episode... Though I will admit the crayon gag when it flew into that one pony's soup made me laugh. Rarity was fun part of the episode too with her super effective secret planning tactics.

Simply great episode with a good double moral: kudos to Maud for pointing out the true meaning of gift giving, and kudos to Rarity for being so dedicated to both of her friends.

Pretty much. I mean, I loved what Maud said about gift-giving because it's so true and something we really need to hear more of. It's about loving other people and it's not a competition.  :nom:

• Brohoof 1

The way they resolved the plot (pretty much bullying someone into a trade they don't want to do) was awful. It felt like a mugging

It drove me crazy too.

It kinda nullified pinkie's sacrifice.

plus, the party canon isn't really part of pinkie's core.  she would survive and be awesome without it. or maybe she could buy a new one one day?  

• Brohoof 2

Yeah I'm a bit biases since I've been waiting for a Hepburn inspirire gown since Rarity became my fav. So many good interaction scenes between the three characters I almost don't know where to start!

9/10 easy!

Fox brothers can write Rarity anytime they want!

• Brohoof 1