204 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't care for it.
    • It was decent.
    • I liked it.
    • I FREAKIN' LOVED IT!!!! <3

(edited)

Maud: As Maud as Maud comes, I really like the deadpan nature of her and she gave some great advice. Also am I the only one who thought she she was legitimately mad when bargaining for the cannon back? 

It's like Maud knew Pinky was susceptible to being conned so she definitely wanted to set things straight. Also I loved how she also has Pinky's ability to just appear out of nowhere.

Edited by MidnightNoir

I must say I was totally expecting Pinkie's gift from Maud to be a new and better party cannon, and then Pinkie would get rewarded for her sacrifice without Maud ever knowing the truth. But the way it played out was better for character development for Maud and Rarity both, so I'm happy with it!

Yeah I'm a bit biases since I've been waiting for a Hepburn inspirire gown since Rarity became my fav.

Seriously, i am not the biggest Rarity fan. But even i was giggling like an idiot when i saw this. Like, this is just perfect for her. :D

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much. I mean, I loved what Maud said about gift-giving because it's so true and something we really need to hear more of. It's about loving other people and it's not a competition.  :nom:

Absolutely. That's one of the lesser touched on lessons I've seen throughout the series. They do hit on it during the hearth warming episodes but that's pretty much it.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I liked the episode. But does anyone get the feeling that Maud's overly dull behavior on what are supposed to be fun trips would become very frustrating for other ponies. Yet Pinkie still overglorifies her to the other Mane 5. I can fully understand Rarity's frustration when looking for a gift for Maud.

I tell you one of these days somepony is going to stop being polite about Maud being Pinkie's sister and all, and start being real about her blandness, and asking Pinkie what the whole ordeal is with Maud. 

But then again that's part of the comedy of Pinkie and Maud.

I also loved the lesson as well.

Personally, I liked the episode. But does anyone get the feeling that Maud's overly dull behavior on what are supposed to be fun trips would become very frustrating for other ponies. Yet Pinkie still overglorifies her to the other Mane 5. I can fully understand Rarity's frustration when looking for a gift for Maud.

I mean, I could understand why someone might find it annoying, but it's not like she's doing it to be mean, or annoy anyone. That's just her personality. She still seems to enjoy the trips, even if she's not shouting it out to the world all the time.

I liked this one a lot! Maud's dry, underplayed sense of humor plays really nicely against Pinkie Pie and Rarity's over-dramatics. I wonder why we haven't seen more of Rarity and Pinkie together! They interact extremely well.

• Brohoof 2

This was a great episode. Just watched it and I did have a good amount of laughs.

Don't mess with Maud. Her stare is like darts striking the middle of a bullseye. Kind like Luigi's angry stare in Mario Kart 8. Also, Maud sense confirmed. Never knew she has that.

• Brohoof 4

An okay episode, unfortunately, I am not much of a fan of Maud, it's quite tiring and tedious seeing her performance, which also throws the pacing off balance. So we have Rarity and Pinkie Pie headed for Manehattan, for Rarity she is look for a new location to add to her boutique, which could have presented a good plot and story, for Pinkie Pie however, she is looking for a gift for Maud, yet Pinkie Pie does not know what to give, plus Maud gives Pinkie Pie better gifts, in Pinkie's opinion, so she has to look for a extravagant present. Pinkie Pie asks Rarity to help her find a gift, which gave some funny moments, like Rarity's impression of Pinkie Pie, unfortunately, Pinkie Pie was not happy with her efforts, until she finds a hustler, who kind of reminds me of Duke Weaselton from Zootopia, he has a pouch blazoned with stones, what he asks for in return is Pinkie's party cannon. During the exchange of gifts, Maud gives Pinkie Pie scented paper for her party cannon, but she is embarrassed to admit she sold her canon, then Maud goes to the hustler and gives back the pouch and retrieves the cannon. I do like the message of episode, that a gift from the heart is more important than a material present, I do love gifts that give me tender feelings, rather than something given to me with no though or emotion, but Maud is no Leslie Nielson, who could pull of dry humour with the weakest of lines, moreover, a good but forgettable episode, it just could not hold my attention, but for those who like, go ahead and watch it.     

• Brohoof 1

I don't get the complaints about Pinkie in this episode honestly. Isn't she always a tad over-the-top? Take her usual crazy antics and multiply those because of the love she has for her sister and there you go, it makes sense. On top of that, Pinkie going bonkers about the gift played into the moral that Maud explained so beautifully in her monotone voice. Gift giving isn't some huge competition, so her freaking out was unnecessary, but that is what SHE didn't know at the time. It plays into the moral very well.

I actually LOVED this episode. Rarity was fantastic, Maud was done so well that this is easily the best episode she has made an appearance in and the bond between her and Pinkie is super adorable. There were other parts that made me laugh too. On top of this, I felt that the pacing was actually very well done, when I thought the episode was about to end, they had more to wrap up and it made it feel more like a small adventure. 

Not sure if I am in the minority or not here, but I found this episode to be very enjoyable and cute. ^__^ This season is currently on a roll. 

• Brohoof 13

I will have to watch it again as I missed pieces of it, but from what I saw it seemed fine. The character interactions are what made this episode for me, and I thought Pinkie was fine; overall.

• Brohoof 2

How would you rate the season so far?

Just 3 episodes in? Well...The opener was my third favorite in the series, behind season 2 and 5. And I really enjoyed this episode, probably a solid 8 if I had to give it a rating, but if you're asking how we'd rate it among the other seasons...I can't say, way too early to tell. 

• Brohoof 1

if you watch MLP for the relational stuff, its fantastic.  if you watch it for the action, its been sub par.

This episode is either a complete meh or sub-meh.

Positives:

1. Give credit to Pinkie for willingly sacrificing her party cannon to give Maud her pouch.
  2. For the most part, Maud's on point. I'll get to it later.
  3. As a NYer, it's great to see more and more tributes/refereces to the city, including Tavern on the Green, the Financial District, Wall Street, and the Brooklyn Bridge.
  4. Moral itself…really good.

Negatives.

1. While noble in her intentions, Pinkie really annoyed me in this episode. In fact, she acted like a complete idiot at times. She wears her emotions and is very sensitive, but she's also much more mature than to pound on the door, wail, and create a scene there.
  2. The moral is great, but it's diminished by the fact that Maud had to tell it directly in Pinkie's face because she was too dumb to figure it out herself.
  3. Some clunky dialogue throughout.
  4. Maud and Rarity bullying the stallion…no, no, NO! Not only did it marginalize Pinkie's sacrifice. Antagonistic or not, he had every right not to trade it back. Maud and Rarity were really out of character here.
  5. Rarity and Pinkie acted suspicious in front of Maud, and Maud bought into all of it. Cartoon logic or not, that's really stretching the suspension of disbelief.
  • Brohoof 6

Not a lot to go by but I'd put in on par with the first three episodes of season 4. That is to say, it's a great season so far!  ^_^ 

Also, Maud sense confirmed. Never knew she has that.

Most of us knew from day one that she had crazy Pie Powers. It runs in the family. In me...in my...sister...yes, search your feelings. You know it to be true.  :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

Tabitha St. Germain really went all out with Rarity this episode! It was fabulous!  :D

Yup. Rarity's penchant for flair and dramatic over reactions was perfect for this in every way.