Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Daring_Do

Prince Blueblood.

The most handsome, eligible colt in Canterlot. Great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great nephew to Her Majesty Princess Celestia. (Yes, I actually counted the number of greats to get them right)

But for too long, the hairless apes of these fora and beyond have refused to show that most majestic of unicorns - the *prince*,no less - the respect he is rightly due. True, the return of a dark and brooding second great-aunt he never knew he had has slightly bumped him down in the succession, but let's not forget who was receiving an expert education in diplomacy while Her Royal Highness was off in time out, hmm? And that, again, shows their lack of taste; For while in Equestria, the populace loves dear Aunt Celestia to the point of making Miss Grumpyhooves jealous, *these* types somehow like her irresponsible gothiness and spread the most shocking rumors about her elder sister!

But I digress. This is about Blueblood. After a regrettable misunderstanding with a certain filly from the country - What was her name again? -, some of her "admirers" (so indecent, their cross-species amorousness) have seen fit to drag His Royal Highness's name through the mud, making even greater aspersions regarding his character than they do towards his dear aunt! Really, you might at least get to know a fellow before making such nasty accusations; Fortunately for you, Prince Blueblood is magnanimous and just, and forgives you your obviously misguided remarks. And he did patch things up with the filly - Rarity, that was it - during her recent trip to Canterlot, you know.

Well, fortunately, not everyone has such poor taste; Following the efforts of a certain Mr. Jeremy Whitley to chronicle Blueblood's recent diplomatic mission to Yakyakistan with his new cousin-in-law - Shining Armor, fine stallion, really - Former Captain of the Royal Guard, and the royal family never felt safer! ...Ahem, following this chronicle, it has in fact been brought to light that perhaps some of you were mistaken about the prince. I think Mr. Whitley may be due for a knighthood shortly; But of course arrangements will have to be made with Aunt Celestia.

sig-4425383.large.jpeg

Ah, forgive me. I'm so *rambly* at the moment. But yes, I do recommend you all take a look at the issue in question. You might just come out of it with the proper respect for your social betters. And for those of you who already did show the appropriate deference to royalty of the most ancient bloodline in all the land - Welcome aboard. I'm sure we have quite a bit to discuss, over a fine glass of carrot juice or two. The hay here is really quite good.

Edited by Daring_Do
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah, I believe that issue came early. I did saw coming Prince Blueblood would prove competent in the end, but I have to watch it myself to no spoil the details

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I believe that issue came early. I did saw coming Prince Blueblood would prove competent in the end, but I have to watch it myself to no spoil the details

Yes, you'd be surprised how far a few bits can go in getting stock released early... And quite luckily for both me and the rest of you, comixology.com had the good sense to follow in the merchants' hoofsteps and put out the prince's story for all to see! You could pick it up right now, in fact; You seem like the type to appreciate a proper royal ballad.

• 3 weeks later...

Third.  That's about the only positive thing I can say here.  Just,  just, third...

Now, be reasonable, my good fellow. That comic isn't going to read itself, you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope that Blueblood returns.

I'm sure the prince would be happy to make time for a fan. But alas, there's so much to do, and so little time... and I'm afraid not everyone appreciates him as much as you. But really, he's glad you thought of him.

hey remember when there were only two male characters on the show and people decided they'd be good together

31239__safe_smiling_cute_big+macintosh_s

but i think he's pretty chill, i really grew to like him after this fanfic i read !

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...
(edited)

hey remember when there were only two male characters on the show and people decided they'd be good together

sig-4629872.sig-4559999.31239__safe_smil

but i think he's pretty chill, i really grew to like him after this fanfic i read !

Hmm, yes, I suppose the fellow has something of a rustic charm about him. How quaint, these farm ponies! Alas, I - that is to say, the prince - may not quite *agree* with their taste in cuisine, but they can be forgiven for not having the spare time to hone their palates appropriately, with how hard they work for the good of the kingdom.

The tale you've enclosed is an interesting one. Entirely fictitious, of course, but I must give it marks for correctly detailing Blueblood's splendid lineage.

Edited by Daring_Do

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No? Well, I'll start. The prince was on royal business in Las Pegasus recently - The resort, you know, in the west - Awful, garish place - And at any rate, there was a fellow there I think would've made for a fine diplomat. He seemed to almost be taking a page out of Blueblood's playbook. Unsurprising, of course, considering His Royal Highness does have many admirers (as evidenced above - Merci beaucoup!)

• 5 months later...
(edited)

It has come to the prince's attention that a publication has recently been circulating, purporting to show the results of his being chosen as the princess' personal protege in lieu of that... What was her name? The purple intellectual, went to school with the prince - Ah yes, Twilight Twinkle.

In any case, having surveyed the story in question, His Royal Highness is hardly offended. This sort of slander is nothing new, after all. As before, I urge that you instead peruse Sir Jeremy Whitley's diplomatic account for a fuller picture of the prince's magnificent royal character.

Indeed, the worst part of this latest tale is the poor light it paints dear Aunt Celestia in - She would never let any student of hers become a friendless ivory tower type unacquainted with basic social niceties, I'm sure.

Edited by Daring_Do

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/23/2017 at 1:22 PM, ChocolateCrane said:

I'm not very fond of Prince Blueblood, but even a detractor like myself has to admit he was astonishingly charismatic in 120 Days of Blueblood.

Seek help. The royal legal team will be in touch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aunt Celestia's grass pancakes are really second to none. No doubt they can be credited with how large and strong the prince has grown compared to the common ponies.

large.jpeg1290120__safe_screencap_applejack_colora

• 6 years later...

Finally! Someone who understands that Prince Blueblood is the greatest character in MLP History!!!!

Here's humanised Prince Blueblood and Rarity. Both of them still seem to be quite unhappy about the whole cake incident. :P

Art by Moyori

432017.thumb.png.81cbbb1dddf8680d43953e9b83867bb4.png