Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Makes Your MLP OC Unique?

Venomous

• 6 months later...

nothing really makes Stormy ultimately unqiue, but her design overall is pretty different to what Ive seen. 

stormy_in_socks_by_stormblaze_pegasus-d9

the white of her bangs certainly makes her stand out, but her cutiemark is a one of a kind. I've not seen any OCs with one even remotely like hers. It's a combo cutiemark, originally designed because she was my pokemon trainer OC turned into a pony when i was coming up with an OC design, so originally the CM represented a fire type pokemon trainer who sings, but ive changed it now. The fire symbol just counts towards the "Blaze" in her name, the music note is because singing is her talent and the pokeball is to represent her love of nostalgia, so it wouldve been the pokemon/ponymon TV series growing up and the old games, as they were my life when i was 8 and ive never outgrown it. 

oh she can also turn into a Siren in the EQG universe, lol

• Brohoof 1

It's largely the focus that I think sets most of my OCs apart. The goal for Pathfinder, Sojourner, Autumn, Stargazer, Gideon, and Zaru is the gathering and spread of knowledge; specifically history. Scholarly OCs are not something I see a lot of.

Also...I have three deer OCs, so that's something. :P

• Brohoof 1

Let's see now.

-Gale and Dark Opal are both dragons

-Tempest is a pegesus that underwent a species change and can use aura

-Dawn is a alicorn that can use ice magic

-Maia is a flightless gryphon that is musically inclined.

Edited by Drago Ryder

Well, My main OC is a changeling, though is almost always disguised as a pegasus, he lives in canterlot so he has to be cautious about when/if he disguises. He unintentionally took the place of a royal when he was younger (the parent's of said royal had taken the place of the royal sisters, some people see this as OP, but personally I don't, as neither are my personal OCs, and he doesn't like being a royal.) Though he does his best to make sure ponies never really learned what he looked like as a royal, as he doesn't like the attention.

I currently have no pictures referencing him as a changling

Edited by Silvershine_

Well, I suppose I can give this a shot.  I'll go with my main OC, Ally.

sig-4702478.wagger_al_nair_avior_by_jdlu

Name: I often try to find and form names, often two words, at times in different languages (if too simple) in order to form a nice, unique name that I can't imagine anyone else having.  It becomes unique to my OCs. "Alnair" is literally just another term or name for the "Alpha Gruis", a star in the constellation of Grus.  "Avior" is another name for 'Epsilon Carinae'(?) which is a binary star in the constellation of Carina, if I recall.  With this, I've formed the name "Al Nair Avior", and "Ally" for short. 

Ear Piece: The ear piece located on one of her ears.  No, it's not the ear piece itself as there's nothing very unique on its own but the thing is that it's more than just a fashion statement.  This ear piece functions as a micro-/tele-scope accessory clipped onto her which carries with it several small features.  That being said, it is actually augmented by unicorn magic. Yes, It performs with gears/magic so I suppose that can be be considered unique to her? Some might consider this aspect quite magitek.

Attire: This is what most notice first thing of her.  It was a rather simplistic vest I've designed for her to wear with a Victorian influence in mind.  Fortunately, many people seem to notice this influence, so I'm pretty happy with that.

And that's honestly all that I could come up with!

Edited by AmarisNsane
  • Brohoof 2

I have a changeling OC, Nebuli, who absolutely hates being a changeling, and tries with all her might not to be a changeling.

She tries to be a normal pony, but that isn't working out well.

I haven't really seen a lot of OC's, and because of that I have no idea what changeling OC's are normally like.

If mine is unusual, then "Yay!". If not, then ignore this post.

EDIT: Just realised posting a picture is appreciated. Well, I can't post one, because I just made Nebuli up as I was writing this post. Oh well. :bedeyes:

Edited by Frosty Frost

Mine's a mercenary cyborg who seems powerful enough to take over the world, but refuses to and instead takes orders from others. Oh yeah, and he's a psychopath with ADHD, schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder. Appearance of this particular OC, Kronos, is my profile picture.

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

cresent:vampire batpony, who is rather scared of dragons havnt met many if few othe vamp ocs
string shot: is a colt that loves yoyos
and coolwhip himself is a work in progress

Edited by cwhip9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Well, my "ponysona" (even though his personality isn't the closest to mine) Double Flame is kinda unique in the fact that he's one of the fastest pegasi in Equestria. He's so fast that his contrail is actually slightly solid for a few seconds. Okay, so maybe he isn't the most unique, but I did create him slightly more than eight years ago.

My second OC I created: Rivetwing (who is way more alike to me than DF) is pretty unique. He's a pegasus mechanic and a good one too. From what I've seen, this isn't very common in the show or the fandom. He actually gets made fun of for having a job that isn't normal for pegasi. Plus, there are certain ponies who are jealous of Rivet's skill, so they often claim that he is inefficient; due to him not having unicorn magic.

Then there's my favorite OC of mine, StormFlower. She has a bunch of little quirks that make her unique. First off, she has an amulet that is magically connected to her (not physically, she can still take it off). Then there's the fact that she's a weather pegasus, despite not being the best flyer (Wingpower: 9.0). Along with that is a minor fear of heights, which she's embarrassed about. Then there's her tendency to make a lot of accidents and mistakes. She makes a bit more of them than the average pony, which causes have insecurity issues.

• Brohoof 1

- For the OC in my avatar, I would have to say her mane and tail because it seems to be hard for others to easily replicate. Also the Cutie Mark, because not many ponies have pocket Cutie Marks

- For my other OC Granite Rose, aside from his mental illness, he’s also a bit of a “feminine” stallion. It’s in very subtle ways such as his interest in flowers and the way he expresses himself emotionally, but he definitely has a stronger feminine side than most stallions.

Sage, he gained his cutiemark later in life.  For a very long time, he felt so ashamed of this but after coming into his own, he realized what that is.  Or at least has a better understanding of what his cutiemark means to him but at the end of the day, it's still kinda up in the air lol.  That's why he's my "ponysona", since he's just as confused about his cutiemark just like I'm pretty confused as to who I really want to be in my life.  I think his evolution throughout my life or at least as long as I have him, will be interesting to see personally.

As for Briny Moss, my most recent creation.  I still haven't worked her out yet.  I just know that she's half unicorn, half merpony.  A strong swimmer and can survive in water for a few hours.  She prefers the sea or swimming beyond the occasional trip into equestria for whatever she may need at the time.  Sometimes she'll use her magic and just roam around in a bubble of water, she can be quite the oddball in terms of how she uses her magic... :ButtercupLaugh: