MyNameJeff

General What are your plans after 18?

(edited)

Hey there. So, what are your plans after becoming 18? I know this is a awkward topic to talk about, but I've always wondered the aspirations about the people in the fandom. Also, if you already are 18. Tell me about what have you done until then.

Personally, I really want to learn programming, it is something I've always been interesting and amazed. It is something that is spread across the globe and that has changed the word with innovation!

How about you?

Edited by FKWolfz

(edited)

Go to University and study medicine and from there I'll see what happens. I don't really have any plans. After that I'll probably die or something idk.

Edited by Holiday

(edited)

Get wasted by myself in some nearby bars. In term of other plans, I don't know why not just start accomplishing them before 18.

Edited by White

Study criminology and psychology, and hope to get a job in a federal agency. 

@@FKWolfz

I'm a tad confused. Are you asking what people's goals are once they turn 18 years of age?

By then, I plan to study abroad in Japan for a few months and finish up the remaining year in university, working towards my B.A. ^^ Also, I want to put more energy into getting my entrepreneurial endeavors off the ground, since I don't want to work a traditional job. I'm fleshing out the logistics of this in preparation. :)

I wanted to move back to ND and work my old minimum wage job for the rest of my life. Now... no clue. Probably join the military, or maybe law enforcement.

(edited)
On 20/03/2016 at 4:13 AM, Venomous said:

@@FKWolfz

I'm a tad confused. Are you asking what people's goals are once they turn 18 years of age?

Yes, like where you do want to work or if you want to travel around the world and stuff like that. I want to see how being brony can change your expectations, such as going for conventions and etc...

Edited by FKWolfz

I took a summer off after I turned 18 and than  throw myself into working two jobs much as I could to even three at times.   Spent time with my friends and enjoyed life a bit and not rushing into collage in letting myself given a chance to really think of "what" I wanted to do and how I was going about it.

Before I turned 18 I kinda figured my world would end. I had to get a job but had no ambitions. I dropped out of college cuz I was lazy. I was kinda rage-depressed over the fact that all these responsibilities were suddenly being thrust at me.

Seven and a half years later I don't care about all that shit and I'm pretty satisfied with my life except for my low income from working a barely-above-minimum-wage job and still living with my mother but that last part will be rectified in the next year or so. :P

I honestly have no idea. So much could happen and is already happening now, so I can't even guess how things are gonna be in a few years. 

I may not need college though, so I'll probably still be doing traveling competitions...stuff like that.

I am actually already 21 years old. So, i'm well past 18!

:lol:

The first thing I did when I turned 18, however, was go and get myself my first tattoo. Getting a tattoo was something that I had always wanted, so when I was legally able to get one without parental consent, I got one the day after my birthday! (Today, I have a lot and I plan on getting more)

:D

I have little to no idea what I want to do in terms of schooling, only that I'll most likely take a year off, work to save money, and see what I want to do from there. I've put some thought into veterinary technology, but I'm sort of on the fence about it at the moment.

My plans are what I am doing now at this point. I am 23 and I am mostly living life as I always have, within my means. Not much I can do, so I try to enjoy my life for what it is. I have no major aspirations or goals, except hopefully living with my boyfriend one day. Beyond that, I live a simple life. 

Badges

(edited)

I already kind of have an idea of what I'm going to study, so I'm going to college right after the summer, that's for sure. I know people who take "a year off to relax" before going to college and end up never going (that's not always the case though). I'm not becoming one of those people. If I don't achieve my dream (career wise), I'll probably just have kids or some shit. I don't even know.

Edited by PonyLaces

I just turned 18 a few months ago, but before that. I enlisted into the U.S Navy :)   

I am currently in DEP (Delayed Entry Program) since I still have to finish highschool, and it's required before you go to basic training. I made this decision because there was no more opportunities where i was. Hell, not even Burger King wanted to hire me for a part time job (ugh...). I would have liked to go to college, but I have no financial support whatsoever. 

What scares me the most is that I don't have a real, coordinated and well-planned plan for what I want to do after I'm 18 years old. Only a general idea.

I guess I'll continue my studies into college and possibly university, choosing to study things I enjoy. Then after that I have no clue at all; so RIP me and stuff

Hopefully I'm going to learn bible for a year, then get married at 19 then learn a trade then have million children. :)

Already been 18;

Survive

I'm 19 and my goals are just to.. fix myself. 

Well, seeing as I'm now 25 and still have no idea what I want to do, I think about sums it up.. Just to survive and do everything I can for my family and friends I guess.

I am already 18, so I'll tell you what I am doing now. I am taking a year off to work before I go to college. In August, I will be moving out of state to go to a university, where I plan on majoring in History. I love music and want to try to make it in the music industry, but if that doesn't work out, then I will become a teacher. 

(edited)

- Getting a boyfriend/girlfriend that loves and respects me for who I am... yeah, not sure if that's happening.

Edited by Kimi Vulpine

Okay things I plan on doing after 18...

- Move out of my parents house and try to live on my own

- Find a way to move out of France and maybe even live in the UK

- Get eye surgery so I won't have to wear glasses anymore

- Become attractive because c'mon already

- Maybe go to an american brony con, but firstly go to a furry convention

(on to the most unrealistic one for me  :blush: )

- Get signed to a record label

Graduate from college and not really do much afterwards.