Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the most RELAXING sport to watch/have on in the background?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Some people love to watch sports, we all know this. Many here probably love sports and watch them a lot. Me, I don't watch sports much, but, strangely enough, I do sometimes like having a sport on in the background, whatever kind of sport game is on, I may have it playing in the background while I am doing other things. It is actually relaxing.

So it makes me think, what is a relaxing sport to watch or listen to for you? Could be any kind of sport at all.

For me, it would be GT racing. Yeah, the constant sound of the cars, the constant movement, for some reason listening to these kinds of videos is relaxing to me. 

• Brohoof 2

Gonna go with golf. I don't ever watch sports in the background, but I can just imagine it wouldn't be much different than listening to a podcast. Golf is also weird in that you get a better appreciation for it the older you get.

For me, it would be GT racing. Yeah, the constant sound of the cars, the constant movement, for some reason listening to these kinds of videos is relaxing to me. 

I'll definitely second that, especially with all of the different engines. That would go double for a 24 hour race. I'd also add NASCAR on a long, green run in the middle of a race on a large fuel mileage track.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's probably golf. It always seems to put my parents to sleep despite them being avid golfers themselves. It's both boring and very, very quiet. Though sometimes you get some pretty funny moments, like a guy cursing or breaking a club.

Edited by Celtore

Golf. I find it both incredibly relaxing with the natural scenery, whispered announcing and long play time. On the inverse, it has incredibly intense and exciting moments, drama, masterful aristry. I love golf and am so excited for The Masters.

Definitely dressage.

Watching the horses move so fluidly and beautifully with the music is just... absolutely captivating.

Rally Raid.

This is largely due to the terrain that is traversed and just the number of miles covered...it is a true adventure in the form of a sport.

I'm gonna say give Golf a watch. The announcers speak in a hushed tone, and you'll mostly hear the sound of the wind in the background and the crowd reacting to a shot.

I would avoid all of the major sports though (basketball, football, baseball, soccer, hockey, etc...). Those can get pretty loud and hectic and wouldn't make great background noise  ^_^

Fencing. While watching it generally does the opposite of relaxing me, merely hearing it is very soothing. I like the metallic clash of the blades, the beeps of the machines, the instructions of the referees, and of course, the war cries of fencers who have scored a touch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...