Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Do you drink tap water?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Yeah, I drink tap water all the time. I have no idea why, but it seems like everyone else's tap water tastes disgusting but ours. Whenever I visited friends or family, their water just didn't sit right with me. I only like my water. It's my precious.

• Brohoof 2

From the looks of what all of us said here on this topic so far, it seems that tap water tastes different in other parts of the world compared to others. Not all parts of the world have municipal water filtering systems that clean up water as good as others. Of course another factor to why tap water may not taste as good in other places would of course be the source of where the water is coming from to begin with for those specified areas.

Yes I do. Considering how our water is clean, I drink water from the tap ;). Fresh Icelandic mountain water, can't get cleaner than that :P 

• Brohoof 2

Norway has some of the best water in the world, even sold as exclusive water to other countries, so I have no problem drinking from the spring  :lol:

It's because Norway is an very uneven country with a lot of mountains, so the water gets naturally filtered  :)

• Brohoof 1

Kinda. I ended up purchasing one of the filters that attaches to the tap. Now drinking non filtered water has a strange taste :P but hey I'm not gonna get pissy cuz all a friend can offer is unfiltered tap water when I go visit.

• Brohoof 2

I do drink tap water but I much rather prefer well water. Well water is naturally filtered and to me is almost tasteless so I can drink loads of it xD Tap water in my city is treated very well knowing what is in the water when it is first goes into the treatment plant. Most of the problem is due to the cities combined sewer and storm drainage system.  :okiedokielokie:

Anywho, only problems I have with tap water is taste and the mineral residue left behind if tap water is left out to evaporate but I'd still drink it.  :fluttershy:  As of right now I drink bottled water.

• Brohoof 1

Yep, but only in home, since I know we got clean, safe water to drink, and I can't know if that applies to other places I go. Outside of home, I drink bottled water instead - though I carry a water bottle in my backpack anyway, just in case. :P

• Brohoof 1

I guess I'm pretty lucky, I live out in the country, so I don't have to worry about "municipal tap water", well at least not at home. My well is spring fed and I have a creek that flows through the property, so yeah, I drink from the tap, and its great!   I bring bottles of it to work with me. 

• Brohoof 1

I drink tap water all the time. Considering how wasteful bottled water is not just when it comes to the bottles themselves but the transportation, advertising and whatnot and how these water companies are buying up people's water rights and even playing on many people's fears that I refuse to buy bottled water. Has anyone seen the documentary called tapped? Pretty sick what they are doing.

• Brohoof 2