Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Do you drink tap water?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

I drink tap water all the time. Considering how wasteful bottled water is not just when it comes to the bottles themselves but the transportation, advertising and whatnot and how these water companies are buying up people's water rights and even playing on many people's fears that I refuse to buy bottled water. Has anyone seen the documentary called tapped? Pretty sick what they are doing.

If the Flim Flam bothers were real, they'd probably be the ones who came out with mass bottled water. "What can we sell that everyone gets for free?" "Water!"

• Brohoof 2

I find tap water gross. I can drink it, but I'd much rather drink normal bottled water. It tastes a lot better to me. Somehow I can identify when water is tap water and when water is mineral water. It's distracting.

This topic made me thirsty for water. xP

• Brohoof 1

All the time! Here in Australia the tap water is perfectly normal and safe. Always sort of cold, too!

When I went on a trip in China to see relatives though... No way. Nu-uh. That stuff has black flecks in it and it tastes like metal and let's be real it might kill you.

• Brohoof 1

The tap water here is definitely safe and drinkable, I drink it all the time. Our tap has an integrated filter in it, and we also have a separate filter that we filter the water through a second time. Only by choice though, because filtered tap water has a much cleaner taste and feel than unfiltered tap water in my opinion. ^^

• Brohoof 1

I usually don't mind tap water at all, but I'm VERY critical about what is in it. The reservoir we get our water from here isn't exactly the best in the world in terms of pure, clean water, always been a weird taste to it. Thank Luna for Brita pitchers!

• Brohoof 1

I do not... Not that I can say I drink a lot of water or anything. I drink a bottle a day...er...night at work, but that's it. We have a filter in the fridge at home. I wouldn't drink it without using that.

• Brohoof 1

I drink plenty of unfiltered tap water. It's perfectly healthy! it tastes great and... and-

*dies*

I can't afford to spend money on bottled water with the amount of water I drink

• Brohoof 1

As far as I know, very few people here in the UK don't drink tap water. If they don't then it's usually tap water filtered to remove any limescale (a lot of chalk areas here).

• Brohoof 1

I only drink tap water. I keep at least a half dozen juice bottles filled with tap water in the fridge at all times. Most store bought bottled water tastes weird to me, and some of it is down right awful.

• Brohoof 1

The tap water where I live is perfectly fine. I always drink tap water. I went on holidays to the seaside a few years ago and the water there tasted like salt  :eww:

As far as I know, very few people here in the UK don't drink tap water. If they don't then it's usually tap water filtered to remove any limescale (a lot of chalk areas here).

I live in the South Wales valleys and our tap water is fine :) 

No, I only drink filtered water. Where I live they intentionally puts fluoride in tap water. Why? -- you may ask. Because, the government says they care about our teeth, of course! Not buying it? Yeah, me neither. Not only is fluoride in our tap water, but arsenic is as well. How lovely! :love:

Edited by Jaxsie-chan
  • Brohoof 1