general What's your motto?

Th3 Arb1tur

Some personal ones i use for explaining what i'm all about:

Salvation through determination

Do more

There's always another way

Act with passion, but act

But the absolute, truest motto i use:

It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first. (~by Miyamoto Musashi)

• Brohoof 3

"Do you feel like a hero yet?"

It comes from the game Spec-Ops: The Line, and it's meant to criticize people who do horrible things because they believe them heroic. In my experience, no truer words have been spoken.

• Brohoof 5

"Struck down - but no destroyed"

It basically means to never give up no matter how hard you've been pushed down.

I also have another one:

"Race through it, hero"

That one means to try and get through the tough times as best as you can.

• Brohoof 4

Live Free or Die has always been a motto of mine, but the following often misattributed quote serves nicely as well:

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Not Voltaire, but someone in a book about him summing up his ideas of free speech. I can't find who it was anymore, but I actually posted it on this site before so it should be around...somewhere.

EDIT: I just found out to whom the above quote belongs: Evelyn Beatrice Hall.

Edited by KatonRyu
  • Brohoof 1

Two particular lines I try to live by:

"Always accept yourself for who you are." 

That is a pretty standard one.

And this one is from a song:

"Redeem me into childhood, show me myself without a shell."

That one fits me perfectly. 

• Brohoof 3

For several years now I have been at terms with the fact that one day the flame of my life will perish. Death doesn't bother me in the slightest anymore, but the events leading up to death still have that effect of anxiety at times. I've developed a personal mantra that calms me when I am feeling terror deep in the pit of my stomach. It usually calms my nerves and gives me focus and clarity.

"If I am going to die, it will be now."

I know this may seem illogical in a sense, but the fact of the matter is you can't die in the past or the future, only the present. What I mean by this, is that even if our deaths are foretold the moment of our death will happen in the present. The thought that even if I don't see death coming, it will always be something that can only happen in the here and now gives me a certain kind of calmness. it's very strange and morbid, but it allows me to react accordingly.

• Brohoof 1

"I'll leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's me," - It's best to enjoy the present before the future arrives.

"Too weird to live, too rare to die," - Aside from using this quote in my signature, I feel like this shows that there is only one me in the world, and that everyone deserves to be different in the way they want to.

• Brohoof 1

My motto would be:

Be unique, apart from sameness, strive for creativity, consequence or not. Be persistent but not repetitive, do it differently. Please yourself so you can please others, be happy to be happy for others. Give back to nature, don't litter the streets and cut away land to build buildings.

Plus more. The point is to always have a goal, don't worry about the time it takes to reach it. Be time-oriented but not time-obsessive.

I can go on forever.