Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will you do when FiM is over?

L1ghtn1ng_Flash

When your older, or if you are older than a teenager, how will you occupy your time when Mlp is over, can you still stay a brony or will you simply just give up on it? i have given a lot of thought to how i would act when i'm older and i'm not sure how i would keep up with my involvement in Mlp, i may become a you tuber, maybe somewhat like Markiplier. i dont know, how will you stay A brony?

I'm 39, and I have seen shows and films come and go over the years. My interests in many of them have not waned, even though there is no longer any new content. I have every reason to believe the same thing will happen with me and FiM. Will I remain a Brony? Yes. Will I still participate or interact with other Bronies? Yes. Will there be new things that also catch my attention in the years following the show going dark? Absolutely!

• Brohoof 4

My love for a show doesn't end when the show ends. Nor is it dictated by my age. Who knows what my life will be like when I am 40 or so, but I will still love this show, I know that much. Just like I will still love Spongebob, Scooby Doo, and many other cartoons. 

When I settle down with a good job, I plan on moving out into an apartment not far from my home town.

As for still being a fan if MLP... I see myself still being one and being a little less active in it. Hwever, I plan on regularly visiting this site and watching new episodes of the show.

I don't tend to like a lot of different things, but when I do like something, I'm usually pretty loyal to it. Considering how happy Ponies have made me, there's no doubt I'll still be interested in this show as I age. I'll probably be watching reruns while on my death bed if I can help it.

A few other things will probably catch my interest as I live, but I'll never stop being a brony.

• Brohoof 1

I think I'd probably be a  Brony long into my 30s , I hope after I get enough experience around here , I could maybe apply to be a mod at some point. I think it'd be nice to help out around the site o_o.

also I know a certain red-haired pony who'd freak if that ever happened ....

I'll probably have left the fandom before I reach my mid twenties, but for now I'm enjoying the ride whilst it lasts. For now though there's no sign of slowing down, and my involvement within the fandom will only grow throughout the next couple of years.

Idk once the show ends I don't really see myself being active in the fandom anymore. But when it does end I will occasionally go back and rewatch episodes like I do with other shows I love that have ended.

Well, I'll still be a brony, I'll still revisit the show, just probably won't be as active. I'm a huge car enthusiast, have been all my life, and so if my interest in pony ever were to wane, that's what I'd fall back on. But the only way I'll stop hanging out with my buddies on EQTV on Fridays is if the Poniverse itself shuts down.

Usually when I like something for this long, I'm a fan for life. There are certain things I've been a fan of for decades now.

I don't think MLP is any different. I'll probably be a fan for the rest of my life.

I'll definitely revisit the show and watch it every now and again. I might not be as active as I am now, or interact with all the friends I've met through it as much, but that applies to any community I was part of. All I know for certain is that I'll still like the show and have fond memories of it and all the interactions I've had with people. :D

When something like MLP comes around and really catches my attention, I'm not just gonna give it up like that. I guess it would be like the way I act with other TV shows I love just or nearly as much as MLP. I'd still love the show, watch a couple of episodes every now and again and when I'm old enough I'd tell my Grandchildren how My Little Pony: G7 or whatever dem kiddies watch ain't shit compared to FiM. Then I'd show them and they're like:

"Wow Grandpa Vennax you spent your childhood watching a show for little girls?"

"Yeah fam"

I'd still be an active member of this site too, I use this more than any other social media.

Edited by Vennax

When it completely dies out or when the show dies out? You were not very specific...

By definition I'm the outcast. There are things other than ponies that keep me from being rejected by others, there will always be something that I like that's like mlp: "girly". Should the show die out, I will stay. Should the fandom die out Ponies would likely become a side-thing, like how I like littlest pet shop but I'm more brony the.. pet... shop... person thing.

Thinking about that though, it can and can't happen. There would be reruns, plenty of 'em. And there would be a new generation too. The only way for it to completely die out would be a long hiatus before the next generation (or no new generation) and for the channel to stop playing reruns to make room for some bs show like "Stephen Galaxy" or something stupid. And, of course, everyone would have to lose interest at some point, either by losing patience for a new generation or by rage from the show being replaced.

When your older, or if you are older than a teenager, how will you occupy your time when Mlp is over, can you still stay a brony or will you simply just give up on it? i have given a lot of thought to how i would act when i'm older and i'm not sure how i would keep up with my involvement in Mlp, i may become a you tuber, maybe somewhat like Markiplier. i dont know, how will you stay A brony?

Hi, I took the liberty of editing the thread title for clarity, so that people will know you're discussing what will happen after the show ends, and not something like career prospects, etc. (Which would belong in a different board).
  • Brohoof 2

Much like most childhood shows My Little Pony has been in my life since I was very young and now it rekindled into adulthood. It will probably be similar to how I am with Pokemon. I'll follow it into new generations and continue to support the fandom as much as I can. I'll also try and retain friendships and activity on forums if I stick to it long enough. Eventually it just evolves to become a part of you and once that happens its really hard to let it go. So I'd say I will stay part of the fandom and follow the show regardless what the future holds for it!

In terms of how I will cope if I ever actually find the fandom not worth staying in I'll more than likely shift to a new cartoon ( If one sparks interest like the flame MLP has ) and move on to that. Otherwise Anime and Manga will likely kindle into a bigger spark again in my life and I'd fall back on that. Possibly fall back on other art interests if I find any. I do not like to think about when a show will end, regardless if it is a good idea to prepare since all good things come to an end eventually.

Outside of this I just pray they end the show pretty much open ended so that way people can continue to build from what they started. Basically allowing bronies/Fandom members the ability to start their own new chapters and maybe even later another company opening the doors to a new story.

I'll go back and rewatch old episodes of the show to reflect on what got me into the show in the first place, then watch other things that bring me joy & happiness. :pinkie:

Since im not a watcher of the Show anymore and mostly just here because of cute Pony Pics, i just moved to another Franchise.

I will never deny the Fact, that i like the Mlp Shows, so...i can still be considered a Brony and also will identify myself as such. That will never change but i simply have no desire to watch the Show anymore.

So, when Fim will end...literally nothing would change.

Maybe i would try to watch the entire Show when it finally has an end, because than i have a Goal.

Now im just patiently waiting and watching from a distance.

Also, dont we already had that Question multiple Times, just in slightly different Ways?  :ooh:

Like : What will happen to the Fandom when the Show would end?

What would happen in general when the Show ends?

What will come next when Fim ends?

How do you feel when the Show got cancelled?

Im pretty sure i answered already multiple times on kinda similar Topics to this.  :lol:

I don't know if I'll stick around on the site, but I'll definitely continue doing bits of fanart here and there. Other than that, I'd just go about my daily life, but I'd still keep in contact with the people I've grown close with as a result of the show and this site.

If there was a future generation of the show that was also appealing, perhaps I'd watch it, but I'll probably not be as into MLP and the fandom again. It's been fun, but I won't have as much time to devote to it. My interest in FiM is already decreasing.

Edited by Quartzy

I'll probably always be a fan of the show, and won't stop being just as involved when the show ends. There are thousands of fanfics to read, episodes to rewatch, art to draw, ponies to roleplay..
It's hard for me to think of a time where I'm not as invested in MLP as I am right now.

• Brohoof 1