Sign in to follow this  
joanro

Gaming Street Fighter V

Does any one play Street Fighter V? If so, do you play it on console or on PC and what did you think of it? What character(s) do you like to play as?

Badges

I got bored of Street Fighter IV less than a week after buying the Ultra version. It's just not my kind of fighting game. I prefer the Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and Nitroplus type games.

I doubt I'll ever play another Street Fighter.

I got bored of Street Fighter IV less than a week after buying the Ultra version. It's just not my kind of fighting game. I prefer the Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and Nitroplus type games.

I doubt I'll ever play another Street Fighter.

Honestly, I wasn't big on SFIV either, but I really liked SFV. I tried to get into BlazBlue, but it just seems too complicated. I like how SFV is more straight forward and accessible to newcomers(like me) who haven't really played a SF game in awhile. 

Badges

That....that's honestly strange to me. Street Fighter is considerably more complicated than BlazBlue. lol

I have a Mac and no consoles so no, I haven't played V yet. That being said I have a burning desire to do so!

Badges

I would probably buy it for 60 bucks, if the game was actually complete and had more to offer.

So no, i don't.

I would probably buy it for 60 bucks, if the game was actually complete and had more to offer.

So no, i don't.

Yeah, I don't think it is worth $60...unless you are like a huge SF fan and do not care about the single player content.

Badges

Yeah, I don't think it is worth $60...unless you are like a huge SF fan and do not care about the single player content.

I am a Street Fighter fan for over 20 years now. My bro teached me to play SF2 on the SNES, when i was 4.

I think selling a game, only for the sake of an online mode (which BTW, i heard still has some problems) and just to get it out for tournaments, is very cheap in my eyes and Capcom dosen't do themselves any favors in ignoring their casual crowd, by leaving out an Arcade Mode, which is a standard in every other fighting game. If Capcom continues to do this stuff, they will be out of business soon.

I am not saying that you shouldn't play this. It's just my opinion.

I am a Street Fighter fan for over 20 years now. My bro teached me to play SF2 on the SNES, when i was 4.

I think selling a game, only for the sake of an online mode (which BTW, i heard still has some problems) and just to get it out for tournaments, is very cheap in my eyes and Capcom dosen't do themselves any favors in ignoring their casual crowd, by leaving out an Arcade Mode, which is a standard in every other fighting game. If Capcom continues to do this stuff, they will be out of business soon.

I am not saying that you shouldn't play this. It's just my opinion.

Sorry if I made it sound like you aren't a SF fan for not buying it. That's not what I intended. I am playing it on PC and I haven't experienced any issues online other than the occasional lag that happens from time to time. It seems pretty solid so far. At least they are planning to update the content of the game in the future(one of which lands next Monday).

Badges

Sorry if I made it sound like you aren't a SF fan for not buying it. That's not what I intended. I am playing it on PC and I haven't experienced any issues online other than the occasional lag that happens from time to time. It seems pretty solid so far. At least they are planning to update the content of the game in the future(one of which lands next Monday).

It's okay, i am not offended by it. :)

Though, the thing is, 20-30 years ago, it was the most normal thing in the world, to produce the games and making sure that they are done when they hit store shelves. It seems like these days, people like to buy 60 dollar games, that look like they are in an early access status and i don't tolerate this stuff. The game comes out when it's finished.

Capcom screwed up the launch of this title and they can make as many updates as they want. That money from launch, won't come with these updates, because they screwed over their customers and these customers are gone.

I tend to wait for the second version of any fighting game so I don't have to buy DLC for it. This only applies to big franchises that actually do that though, obviously.

More like SFV: The Butchered Edition. I can't believe they left so much out of the game.