Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most disappointing game you have ever played?

SrFrog

I'm gonna have to say...at risk of stirring up some bad feelings. I have not been impressed with a single war game since the very first medal of honor. I'm sorry, I just cannot get behind "I am a soilder, so I will fight" as a narrative backbone

That is not enough initiative to make me want to play a game. I have to feel my character and I have to believe that my actions are unique and needed.

Dark Cloud 2.

I played it when I was little, and I recently got it again and I don't know how I ever tolerated it when I was 6. I played it up until the first dungeon, where I turned it off and went back to playing Dark Cloud. The voice acting was about the same as the voice acting in Calling for the Wii, which is terrible. The graphics are somehow worse than the first game, and the controls are kinda sticky in the way that if you tilt the control stick (think of the control stick as if it were in the middle of a compass XD I didn't know how to phrase it any better) northwest, the character would run straight forward (though this might've just had something to do with my PS2). I liked that you could dress the main character this time, but you only had a choice of three outfits that you could mix and match. Personally, I liked Toan's design alot more. I would understand if their production was rushed and things were a little off-par, but the voice acting doesn't have to sound so bad.

I apologize in advance if anyone is offended by this.

^No. I will disagree with you a billion percent.^

Onto the matter at hand, ever heard of "Raven Squad"? No? Good.

Ever play Raven Squad? No? Even better. Don't even go near that game.

Definitely Brink...

Coming in at a close second is Call of Duty: Black Ops...

Then Killzone 3.

No, again. Brink was incredible, I cannot comprehend how people thought this game was bad.

Also, CoD: Black Ops is the only game in that "series" I would ever play again. (only for multiplayer) If you were going for storyline, I can 100% agree that it was bad.

Fable 2. Wow, that game was short, it broke the Will system completely. The original Fable was far superior to Fable II.

In the end I did not buy Fable III and will not buy a potential Fable IV.

Pokemon Black And White was far too linear for me, and being forced into only using new Pokemon felt disappointing..

• Brohoof 1

I've had a lot of letdowns. Some were massive (MW2 in particular), and some were quiet (AoE III)

So, here's my list of games that I don't play anymore, and don't want to play anymore:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops

I'm grouping these together because I don't play them anymore for the same reasons. The maps are TINY! Even WaW had bigger maps than MW2 and Blops have! Having Snipers in CoD nowadays is BUCKING POINTLESS with the size of the maps.

One of the other prominent reasons is OVERPOWERED AKIMBO WEAPONS! I HATE people who use these. Dual G18s in MW2, and dual ANYTHING in Blops just piss me off so much. Their overpoweredness is just compounded by the tiny map size.

Deathstreaks are another reason. I HATE deathstreaks. Last Stand and Martyrdom are the two that get on my nerves the most. A LOT of Killstreaks also piss me off too. People wonder why I only ever used UAV and Blackbird when I played Blops. It's because I want to WORK for my kills, not sit in a BUCKING chopper mowing people down like I'm zoning out on the couch. It's lazy, it's boring and it's irritating because there are usually NO COUNTERS to them!

CoD after WaW is just... pure... rage-inducing... stupidity.

Dead Island

Borderlands with Zombies... 'nuff said. Game got boring.

Battlefield Play 4 Free

Pay to Win. Again, 'nuff said.

Age of Empires III

This one is a bit complaicated. After a while I just didn't really feel like playing the game anymore. I had fun with it, but it just wasn't engaging as AoE II was.

Dawn of War II

This was a serious letdown when it came to Multiplayer. I had played Dawn of War for so long, and enjoyed the startegy of multiple buildings and units so much in the original, that the sheer blandness of DoWII multiplayer just completely turned me off the game, and the franchise as a whole.

The only thing I ever enjoyed about the game was the survival mode. THAT, I have to admit, can be fun.

So yeah, thats my list. There are only two possible reasons that I will ever look at the CoD franchise again.

- I get a full frontal lobotomy (not likely to happen soon. and even if I did I probably wouldn't enjoy the game anyway)

- Red Orchestra 2 breaks down and Tripwire stops supporting it, AND Battlefield 3 is shittier than CoD. (which at this point is incredibly unlikely)

Sentinel Returns but that one is mostly because when I got it I expected it to be a totally different genre. I still have the game to this day and will probably never sell it because it's worth utter shit.

No, again. Brink was incredible, I cannot comprehend how people thought this game was bad.

Also, CoD: Black Ops is the only game in that "series" I would ever play again. (only for multiplayer) If you were going for storyline, I can 100% agree that it was bad.

I bought Brink when PSN was down, so I couldn't play online with friends. After PSN went back up, I couldn't join any online matches...

Brink is an online game in my opinion.

I platinumed it nonetheless, because I was so freaking hyped up for it.

The controls were clunky, the AI was horrendously stupid, and the free-running was... actually my favorite part of the game :T

I'd been following Brink from the first trailer they released of that super-realistic staring into the camera.

Maybe I just had too high of expectations...

Call of Duty: Black Ops just sucked. Period.

Online and story mode.

I beat the campaign on hard and received no trophy... then beat the first few levels on veteran and still no trophies...

The spawns were awful. The players were immature (both with mics and with emblems). Everyone was trying too hard.

It didn't feel like a game - I buy things to have fun, not to be frustrated.

I think companies forget what video games should really be trying to do...

EDIT: Games are for fun.

Edited by Guest

I would actually say Mega Man X7 as well. I FINALLY got it for my PS2! But guess what?

It was 3D!!! THAT RUINS THE GAMEPLAY!!!! And we already have Mega Man Legends!

Edited by SuperX46

I'm gonna get flamed for this but... Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Apart from my huge dislike of motion controls the game just didn't feel right.... unlike OoT (not my fav) where you get dropped right in the action the start of the game just felt like a sidequest and it didn't have that Zelda feel other games had.

I would love to flame you because you said that but sadly I haven't bought or played it yet.

Heheheh :P

Don't get me wrong I love all Zelda games but that one I didn't like, which is really disapointing because I freaking excited for it ;_;

AoE 3. And all the newer Call of Duty games. The series is dead, I tell you. They're just going to keep dumping out games every year until there are so many "Call of Duty" titles that they'll be more common than paper. Milking it for all it's worth >_>

• Brohoof 4

AoE 3. And all the newer Call of Duty games. The series is dead, I tell you. They're just going to keep dumping out games every year until there are so many "Call of Duty" titles that they'll be more common than paper. Milking it for all it's worth >_>

And all the COD fanboys will swarm over anyone who says COD sucks.

Sorry COD but I'm gonna go back to playing Mega Man 3. ;)

I bought Brink when PSN was down, so I couldn't play online with friends. After PSN went back up, I couldn't join any online matches...

Brink is an online game in my opinion.

I platinumed it nonetheless, because I was so freaking hyped up for it.

The controls were clunky, the AI was horrendously stupid, and the free-running was... actually my favorite part of the game :T

I'd been following Brink from the first trailer they released of that super-realistic staring into the camera.

Maybe I just had too high of expectations...

Call of Duty: Black Ops just sucked. Period.

Online and story mode.

I beat the campaign on hard and received no trophy... then beat the first few levels on veteran and still no trophies...

The spawns were awful. The players were immature (both with mics and with emblems). Everyone was trying too hard.

It didn't feel like a game - I buy things to have fun, not to be frustrated.

I think companies forget what video games should really be trying to do...

EDIT: Games are for fun.

Well I had Brink for the Xbox. A much more enjoyable experience then the PS3. The players were nice and actually used teamwork. I got all the achievements in the entirety of 4 days and after that only played for a couple more weeks. It was pretty fun in that period.

Well I hated the BLOPS storyline. The online, however, was much more enjoyable. I don't know how good you are at video games but, I consider myself very skilled. I got to I think 12th Prestige level 40 or seomthing with a 2.20 K/D. So that was also fun. It is also the last CoD game I would ever play.

Well I had Brink for the Xbox. A much more enjoyable experience then the PS3. The players were nice and actually used teamwork. I got all the achievements in the entirety of 4 days and after that only played for a couple more weeks. It was pretty fun in that period.

Well I hated the BLOPS storyline. The online, however, was much more enjoyable. I don't know how good you are at video games but, I consider myself very skilled. I got to I think 12th Prestige level 40 or seomthing with a 2.20 K/D. So that was also fun. It is also the last CoD game I would ever play.

I don't really play games competitively...

I play them... well, I'm not quite sure why I play them.

My favorite genre is Fighting though, so I guess that puts me in an awkward place because I'm not very good at stringing fast combos together.

Short top ten list of my favorite games:

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee

2. Castle Crashers

3. Rayman 3

4. Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin (the series in general is excellent)

5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

6. Skullgirls

7. Borderlands

8. Tribes: Ascend

9. Counter Strike: Source

10. Rumble Fighter

I guess i just have a violent nature. I don't want to kill people, just beat them to the edge of death.

I think bonds are formed through fighting - hence, why I love watching anime.

They fight and, once the fight is over, the victor leans down to help the loser up.

I'm not bad at FPS games though. When I'm not paying attention or trying, I tend to do fairly well in that genre.

I read too far into my opponents' movements and tend to shoot ahead of where they're actually at when I'm trying (with faster games, that is.)

I just didn't like the feel of CoD:BO.

In Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, my friends and I would play split-screen and buck about with the maps. We'd have fun just spinning around and shooting at each other and whatnot. However, with CoD:BO, I just didn't get that feeling...

I like PC gaming WAAYYY more than consoles... I've just never had a good PC...

Anyhow, I won't argue against the fact that Brink was an alright game. It just didn't blow me away.

With all the advertising they did for it, they probably should have spent more time making the game handle better.

They specifically said that color is back in shooting games.

The only colors in that game were on the characters. The environments were all terribly monotone and consisted of black, blue, and white palettes. (Apart from the occasional rusty bits.)

The story was also something they emphasized, but it wasn't projected interestingly and the characters lacked depth.

I hope they redo the game or come out with a sequel, because I was really looking forward to it but instead felt let down.

In contrast to others' opinions, I actually like the new Medal of Honor game a lot!

I've played through the campaign countless times and have had my fair share of online play.

I absolutely LOVED Medal of Honor's campaign. It just felt realistic.

The situations weren't too explosive and outlandish, and the leader (Mother) really stood out.

I also liked Dusty a lot. And Voodoo, because he's just a badass... and Rabbit (you), because he's a hero.

Shit, everything about the campaign felt awesome! It's soooo badass, sooooo fuggin' badass.

Anyone who hasn't played it is definitely missing out. I can't wait for the next Medal of Honor.

Jeez, I'm going to waste another day playing through MoH's campaign... (I've spent about nine whole days playing through the campaign, again and again.) The multiplayer was just an experiment, though. DICE openly stated that.

Both Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor were tests to see what players liked. They mixed the two together to form Battlefield 3! :wub:

Edited by Guest

I don't really play games competitively...

I play them... well, I'm not quite sure why I play them.

My favorite genre is Fighting though, so I guess that puts me in an awkward place because I'm not very good at stringing fast combos together.

Short top ten list of my favorite games:

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee

2. Castle Crashers

3. Rayman 3

4. Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin (the series in general is excellent)

5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

6. Skullgirls

7. Borderlands

8. Tribes: Ascend

9. Counter Strike: Source

10. Rumble Fighter

I guess i just have a violent nature. I don't want to kill people, just beat them to the edge of death.

I think bonds are formed through fighting - hence, why I love watching anime.

They fight and, once the fight is over, the victor leans down to help the loser up.

I'm not bad at FPS games though. When I'm not paying attention or trying, I tend to do fairly well in that genre.

I read too far into my opponents' movements and tend to shoot ahead of where they're actually at when I'm trying (with faster games, that is.)

I just didn't like the feel of CoD:BO.

In Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, my friends and I would play split-screen and buck about with the maps. We'd have fun just spinning around and shooting at each other and whatnot. However, with CoD:BO, I just didn't get that feeling...

I like PC gaming WAAYYY more than consoles... I've just never had a good PC...

Anyhow, I won't argue against the fact that Brink was an alright game. It just didn't blow me away.

With all the advertising they did for it, they probably should have spent more time making the game handle better.

They specifically said that color is back in shooting games.

The only colors in that game were on the characters. The environments were all terribly monotone and consisted of black, blue, and white palettes. (Apart from the occasional rusty bits.)

The story was also something they emphasized, but it wasn't projected interestingly and the characters lacked depth.

I hope they redo the game or come out with a sequel, because I was really looking forward to it but instead felt let down.

In contrast to others' opinions, I actually like the new Medal of Honor game a lot!

I've played through the campaign countless times and have had my fair share of online play.

I absolutely LOVED Medal of Honor's campaign. It just felt realistic.

The situations weren't too explosive and outlandish, and the leader (Mother) really stood out.

I also liked Dusty a lot. And Voodoo, because he's just a badass... and Rabbit (you), because he's a hero.

Shit, everything about the campaign felt awesome! It's soooo badass, sooooo fuggin' badass.

Anyone who hasn't played it is definitely missing out. I can't wait for the next Medal of Honor.

Jeez, I'm going to waste another day playing through MoH's campaign... (I've spent about nine whole days playing through the campaign, again and again.) The multiplayer was just an experiment, though. DICE openly stated that.

Both Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor were tests to see what players liked. They mixed the two together to form Battlefield 3! :wub:

Forgetting something?

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee - Good game

2. Castle Crashers - Another Good Game

3. Rayman 3 - Stopped playing Rayman after the N64 one

4. Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin (the series in general is excellent) - Advance Wars is INCREDIBLE although Dual Strike was my favorite

5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Amazing

6. Skullgirls - Heard of it, never played it

7. Borderlands - Awesome

8. Tribes: Ascend - GOTT GO FAST

9. Counter Strike: Source - Amazin

10. Rumble Fighter - Never played it

That's an awesome list. Although I'm no fan of fighting button-mashing games. That is until Fighting is Magic come out...

That's an awesome list. Although I'm no fan of fighting button-mashing games. That is until Fighting is Magic come out...

I don't button mash much. (When I'm trying to "fly" in Castle Crashers, I'll keep my thumb on both melee buttons and roll it... hehe)

In SSB games I tend to dodge and hit. I'm not the type of guy who hammers every button hoping for the best.

I'm going to dedicate myself to increasing my thumb speed with Skullgirls this summer. ;)

Imma fight it up with mah Applejacks an' Rainbow Dashes when Fighting is Magic releases.