Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most disappointing game you have ever played?

SrFrog

• 1 month later...

I just recently remembered another disappointing game that was a mess at launch: The Sims 4. I really wanted to like this game like I did with 2 & 3, but it just feels like a huge step backward from the past two entries. The game was missing a lot of things at launch that have mostly been remedied with patches.

It's a shame that it could've been great, if they didn't rush it out the door and added things that were in every game since the first game that were inexplicably removed for no apparent reason.

22 hours ago, Kelldrick said:

I just recently remembered another disappointing game that was a mess at launch: The Sims 4. I really wanted to like this game like I did with 2 & 3, but it just feels like a huge step backward from the past two entries. The game was missing a lot of things at launch that have mostly been remedied with patches.

It's a shame that it could've been great, if they didn't rush it out the door and added things that were in every game since the first game that were inexplicably removed for no apparent reason.

But even if they added everything that's missing from the previous games, what really makes The Sims 4 worth it over The Sims 3? They weren't ambitious with it at all. There's no actual major features added to really justify The Sims 4 as a sequel of The Sims 3.

I put up with The Sims 3 lacking many features that made the original two The Sims games great because The Sims 3 made itself clear as a sequel with features like the open world and story progression. In The Sims 4 there is nothing. I suppose EA thought that their "Emotions" feature was supposed to be this big new revolutionary thing, but it really isn't, at all. Sims have always had emotions, anyway.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Compeador said:

Kingdom Hearts Mobile, yet another free to play & pay to win game. Still waiting for KH3 2019 

Yeah, that game is pretty bad. I first got into it because my crush was playing it and it gave me something to do on my work breaks. But then I became obsessed with actually being competitive in it, but wouldn't spend money (even if it wasn't a bad game, the prices are so outrageous, I can't believe there are people who actually pay those prices). For about the last year I was actually doing pretty good for myself and pulling good medals with limited free to play jewels. But then they did this whole update with 7*s and PVP and it has become so incredibly pay to win. There's no way to keep up with by just being lucky anymore, you have to pay, and pay lots.

PVP is just so horrible, it caused me so much stress with the god awful "swap ranks with whoever you beat/whoever beats you" ranking system, which always screwed me out of a gold ticket at the last minute. I dropped the game a couple of weeks ago, and I'm a lot happier it is gone from my life.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Envy said:

Yeah, that game is pretty bad. I first got into it because my crush was playing it and it gave me something to do on my work breaks. But then I became obsessed with actually being competitive in it, but wouldn't spend money (even if it wasn't a bad game, the prices are so outrageous, I can't believe there are people who actually pay those prices). For about the last year I was actually doing pretty good for myself and pulling good medals with limited free to play jewels. But then they did this whole update with 7*s and PVP and it has become so incredibly pay to win. There's no way to keep up with by just being lucky anymore, you have to pay, and pay lots.

PVP is just so horrible, it caused me so much stress with the god awful "swap ranks with whoever you beat/whoever beats you" ranking system, which always screwed me out of a gold ticket at the last minute. I dropped the game a couple of weeks ago, and I'm a lot happier it is gone from my life.

There're always some people just have too much money and nowhere to spend, mobile games form China are the perfect example... the whole game mechanics is rubbish and cheap, p2w everywhere yet tons of people willing pay for it.

Gameloft's MLP mobile game is kinda disappointing, but it has very few competitions so must people rather go grinding. However, when it comes to the time limited event or some collecting stuff, it'll be too hard to accomplish all tasks or get all collectibles.
I've quit the game long ago after I hacked into it and get everything I need, but now I heard now it has even more stuff that just wants your $$$:dry:

Edited by Compeador

I haven't played it yet but the story itself kinda disappointed me. 

Spoiler

"We Happy Few"..I thought it going to be a Nazi theme game..but it's not.  but I 'd still play it. 

It's hard to find any good Nazi theme game, so if anyone have a suggestion I would like to hear it.  people these days are just so sensitive.

After having played all the Fallout games in order from west coast to east, I'm gonna have to say Fallout: New Vegas.

On its own it's a decent game, and it used to be my favorite in the series, but when stacked up against against the others it's always lacking in some respect.

7 hours ago, Annie said:

After having played all the Fallout games in order from west coast to east, I'm gonna have to say Fallout: New Vegas.

On its own it's a decent game, and it used to be my favorite in the series, but when stacked up against against the others it's always lacking in some respect.

There's no way it's worse than 4, FO4 took every aspect that made the series what it was, which was first an foremost an RPG. Not an FPS with watered down RPG elements and a dialogue system that's downright insulting to the core of the franchise. Better shooting mechanics make it a better game but not a better fallout. In terms of keeping faithful to the core of the series New Vegas trumps 3 and 4 in spades. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 4:45 PM, Celli said:

There's no way it's worse than 4, FO4 took every aspect that made the series what it was, which was first an foremost an RPG. Not an FPS with watered down RPG elements and a dialogue system that's downright insulting to the core of the franchise. Better shooting mechanics make it a better game but not a better fallout. In terms of keeping faithful to the core of the series New Vegas trumps 3 and 4 in spades. 

I prefer 4 to New Vegas because the only real strength New Vegas has is its character writing. Even if it is linear and not very open in terms of dialogue, Fallout 4's story is more interesting than NV's, and while the character writing isn't nearly as strong as New Vegas, you can't tell me that Fallout 4 didn't have its share of fun and interesting characters. Beyond that, I like the atmosphere more because it does a better job of conveying the post-apocalyptic atompunk theme Fallout's always been about, and the gunplay is a lot more easy to pick up and a lot more fun.

Fallout NV's weaknesses really drag it down, and make it feel worse after the 3rd or 4th playthrough. Meanwhile, I can always pick up Fallout 4 and enjoy it.

I'd go with Bioshock. After finally trying it out to see what the hype is, the biggest plot twist I was expecting was the game would turn out not to be so bland and predictable.

My expectations were...

Disappointed.

47 minutes ago, Annie said:

Fallout 4's story is more interesting than NV's

Oh yes, "I need to find my son!" Riveting storytelling :)

And the endless amount of "Another settlement needs your help" quests. Amazing yes. Fallout 4 was the first real move away from the series roots and it shows :)

New Vegas is an actual RPG, much like the original two games. It helps that it was made by the same people who made the amazing Fallout 2.

1 minute ago, Celli said:

Oh yes, "I need to find my son!" Riveting storytelling :)

And the endless amount of "Another settlement needs your help" quests. Amazing yes. Fallout 4 was the first real move away from the series roots and it shows :)

New Vegas is an actual RPG, much like the original two games. It helps that it was made by the same people who made the amazing Fallout 2.

I can be reductionist about Fallout NV as well. "I need to find the guy who shot me" isn't that much more riveting. Difference is, that quite literally is all there is to New Vegas.

Spoiler

You find the man who shot you, deal with him, and decide who to help take the dam. New Vegas's strength is the journey you take doing all of this, the characters you meet along the way and the various side quests you do. It isn't bad, but when you strip it down to what it actually is at its core, it's kind of weak. It's the same for Fallout 4, but the process of finding your son and dealing with the Institute is a bit more in-depth.

and besides, to be honest, Fallout 1 was much better than Fallout 2. Fallout 2 had plenty of content, lots of fun characters, and solid writing, but Fallout 1's story soars above any beyond any Fallout game that came after it, it was honestly a fucking brilliant game.

The only measure by which I call a game an RPG isn't dependent on mechanics, it's dependent on immersion and how well I'm actually able to play a role, and it's not like Fallout 4 falls so far behind in this respect that I can't enjoy it as an RPG. In fact, the atmosphere, lack of reliance on VATS, and the much improved survival mode ALL make Fallout 4 feel much more immersive, especially when throwing mods in to the mix.

@Annie

Well I dunno about you but I feel incredibly immersed in NV when I play even without mods. Fallout 4 is fun but the characters feel dull and I can't really care about any of them. The shooting is fun and it runs marginally better than NV but that's about it. 

3 is made worse by its unnecessarily long intro. 

I don't think any Fallout is bad but New Vegas is miles better than 3 and 4.

Edited by Celli

Would this be a bad time to say that I think that Fallout 2 is by far the worst of all the Fallouts? {except possibly Tactics, I need to get around to playing that one}

The only game I would really be mad too see in this thread honestly would be Super Metroid haha

The game is a masterpiece and don't you forget it. :baconmane:

Edited by Celli