Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Button Mash related to Apple Bloom?

Pinkiepie321

So, in Crusaders Of The Lost Mark, Button Mash was seen twice, after that, he was also seen in Slice Of Life.

Something was bothering me about him, and then I realized:

•  He and Apple Bloom share the same eye color. From what I have seen, no other pony in ponyville has that eye color.

•  He and Babs Seed share the same coat, light brown, though his is slightly darker.

•  Both he and Babs Seed again have the same short tail.

•  Apple Jack mentioned that everypony in the Apple Family were always the last to get their cutie marks. Well, as we see XspoilerX in Crusaders Of The Lost Mark, Button Mash is indeed the last pony without a cutie mark.

•  The Apple Family Tree goes back such a long way, that Pinkie Pie, who had wasn't even born there, is related to Apple Jack [kinda]. So why shouldn't Button Mash be as well?

•  In Hearts And Hooves Day, he was playing a game with an apple on the side of the box. Not sure what it proves but a little easter egg if you want.

•  Very few ponies wear head accessories all the time, he and Apple Bloom are really the only ones.

After realizing all this, it seemed to make sense to me that he might be related to The Apple Family. Even the fandom says it without realizing it. All that Apple Juice he drinks? Might be because he likes apples just as much as his relatives.

• Brohoof 1

Having the same mane color or eyes or tail or whatever means nothing in this universe. Look at Pinkies family, or the fact that Applebloom looks nothing like her brother and sister.

Besides, Button is just a BG Character.

• Brohoof 5

Having the same mane color or eyes or tail or whatever means nothing in this universe. Look at Pinkies family, or the fact that Applebloom looks nothing like her brother and sister.

Besidea, Button is just a BG Character.

Actually, with the close Apple family they all share the same colours. Apple Bloom has the colour of Big Mac's coat as her mane, and Applejack's mane colour as her coat. The only exception to this is Granny smith, but she's another generation apart, and as we do not know what Applejack's parents look like we cannot link them up. 

It's quite interesting that they did this to be honest.

All that Apple Juice he drinks? Might be because he likes apples just as much as his relatives.

By that logic, Rainbow Dash is also related to the Apple family. Just look at  all the apple cider she drinks. 

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, with the close Apple family they all share the same colours. Apple Bloom has the colour of Big Mac's coat as her mane, and Applejack's mane colour as her coat. The only exception to this is Granny smith, but she's another generation apart, and as we do not know what Applejack's parents look like we cannot link them up. 

It's quite interesting that they did this to be honest.

The hair is not the coat. That's pretty much grabbing at straws here.

That's like saying you're related to my dad, because his eyes are as brown as your hair.

• Brohoof 1

The hair is not the coat. That's pretty much grabbing at straws here.

That's like saying you're related to my dad, because his eyes are as brown as your hair.

*Shrugs* I'm pretty much just parroting what I read on the wiki, the original quote is as follows:

"Each of the Apple siblings' coat color corresponds to another sibling's mane color: Applejack's mane corresponds to Apple Bloom's coat, Apple Bloom's mane to Big McIntosh's coat, and Big McIntosh's mane to Applejack's coat."

I'm not saying that the colours correspond therefore Button = Apple family relative, I'm just pointing out how the actual, official Apple family share the same colour palette.

*Shrugs* I'm pretty much just parroting what I read on the wiki, the original quote is as follows:

"Each of the Apple siblings' coat color corresponds to another sibling's mane color: Applejack's mane corresponds to Apple Bloom's coat, Apple Bloom's mane to Big McIntosh's coat, and Big McIntosh's mane to Applejack's coat."

I'm not saying that the colours correspond therefore Button = Apple family relative, I'm just pointing out how the actual, official Apple family share the same colour palette.

And i am just going on how Biology actually works. But at the same time, Biology dosen't seem to work in Equestria like that.

I think this whole thing dosen't hold any ground whatsoever.

"Apple Jack mentioned that everypony in the Apple Family were always the last to get their cutie marks. Well, as we see XspoilerX in Crusaders Of The Lost Mark, Button Mash is indeed the last pony without a cutie mark." We've seen plenty of other blank flanks in Ponyville, and even in Ponyville Elementary in certain episodes.

By that logic, Rainbow Dash is also related to the Apple family. Just look at  all the apple cider she drinks. 

Oh God, no, please, don't give me ideas ;]

He doesn't seem like an Apple Family member at all. His name doesn't even fit. Unless he....mashes apples...into applesauce. I guess that could be a fanfic. XD 

Pinkie Pie is related to the Apples, and her name has nothing to do with it

Oh God, no, please, don't give me ideas ;]

Pinkie Pie too, she drinks waaay too much apple cider.

...Oh...Wait...  :ooh:

Mane/tail length, apple products, and hair accessories equal relation? Oh, for flutterponies sake!

Tell you what, if you can give me another pony with Apple Bloom and Button Mash's eyes,in Ponyville, then I will admit that this is far fetched. But nopony here can dispute the fact that The Apple Family Tree [ha, the apple tree, I guess one could call it] goes back a long way, we saw in the first episode how many family members were living on the farm alone, and in Apple Family reunion, there was a whole lot more. Why shouldn't there be another pony that is related to The Apples.

Pinkie Pie too, she drinks waaay too much apple cider.

...Oh...Wait...  :ooh:

Are you sure ur not thinking of rainbow dash? lol

"Apple Jack mentioned that everypony in the Apple Family were always the last to get their cutie marks. Well, as we see XspoilerX in Crusaders Of The Lost Mark, Button Mash is indeed the last pony without a cutie mark." We've seen plenty of other blank flanks in Ponyville, and even in Ponyville Elementary in certain episodes.

Like who? When they do they're song, We made our marks, Button Mash is the only one seen without a cutie mark.

That is a very, very distant relationship though. One could also argue that the 'Pie' name could have some weird relation because of apple pies. Button Mash has no such possible connection at all. Except for the aforementioned apple mashing but that is stretching it to the moon and back. 

She once ate an entire cake in one bite, and you think that her liking to drink alcohol is worrying ;]  Besides Pinkie Pie is related to The Apples

640px-Pinkie_Pie_hoarding_cider_S2E15.pn

I'm pretty sure I'm not thinking of RB.  :smug:

That is a very, very distant relationship though. One could also argue that the 'Pie' name could have some weird relation because of apple pies. Button Mash has no such possible connection at all. Except for the aforementioned apple mashing but that is stretching it to the moon and back. 

Their names are picked for what they are or what they like to do. I thin that somehow parents can predict the future and say "Your gonna be a baker, lets call you pie."  Others are picked for their family business, Apple Bloom, Apple Jack, Marble etc,etc.

And it is possible that Button Mash and his family didn't know about their relatives, after all, Pinkie Pie only just learned about her being related, so how should they know?

Besides, Button is just a BG Character.

If you can remember, Pinkie was once a grey pink.

Twilight Sparkle has her mothers hair style and purpley blue look from both of them.

Rainbow Dash has her fathers mane and color, and by dominant traits, her mothers eyes.

Rarity gets her mothers mane color and her father coat.

Apple Jacks parents were never seen but the green eyes are clearly dominant, and they all either have red or orange on them.

I have no idea what is with Fluttershy's parents, but her brother is coming, so I'll get back to you on that.

Sweetie Belle gets her fathers coat, half of her mothers hair, the other half rescessive, her eyes are also rescessive.

Pumpkin cake has her fathers mane, while the creamish white is dominant.

Pound cake has his father tail, while,again creamish white is dominant. And with both, both their parents had a unicorn and a pegasus in their family that was recessive, but when they met, they became dominant.

So don't you tell me that mane,tail and eye color mean nothing in this universe, they mean EVERYTHING X Stalks out of room dramatically X 

She once ate an entire cake in one bite, and you think that her liking to drink alcohol is worrying ;]  Besides Pinkie Pie is related to The Apples

Their names are picked for what they are or what they like to do. I thin that somehow parents can predict the future and say "Your gonna be a baker, lets call you pie."  Others are picked for their family business, Apple Bloom, Apple Jack, Marble etc,etc.

And it is possible that Button Mash and his family didn't know about their relatives, after all, Pinkie Pie only just learned about her being related, so how should they know?

Twilight Sparkle has her mothers hair style and purpley blue look from both of them.

Rainbow Dash has her fathers mane and color, and by dominant traits, her mothers eyes.

Apple Jacks parents were never seen but the green eyes are clearly dominant, and they all either have red or orange on them.

I have no idea what is with Fluttershy's parents, but her brother is coming, so I'll get back to you on that.

Sweetie Belle gets her fathers coat, half of her mothers hair, the other half rescessive, her eyes are also rescessive.

Pound cake has his father tail, while,again creamish white is dominant. And with both, both their parents had a unicorn and a pegasus in their family that was recessive, but when they met, they became dominant.

So don't you tell me that mane,tail and eye color mean nothing in this universe, they mean EVERYTHING X Stalks out of room dramatically X 

Jesus, you don't need to be so hostile because of it. I am just making my opinion.

Still, i don't buy it. Button Mash is a BG and you can make everything with a BG. It's not like he will be utilized in the show or anything.

Oh and by the way the whole "he is just a BG character, well so are Lyra and BonBon, so is Derpy, so is Octavia. Want to hear something funny? No one has heard Vinyl speak, and yet she is the most shipped pony in all of the fandom. 

People like Back Ground ponies, we get to design their own personality and, if they don't have a cutie mark, draw pictures or argue over what they will have. 

Weren't Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle "just background characters?"  And yet everyone adores those three, especially me.

Because, now read my lips, BACKGROUND .PONIES .CAN .BE .IMPORTANT .AS .WELL

Oh and by the way the whole "he is just a BG character, well so are Lyra and BonBon, so is Derpy, so is Octavia. Want to hear something funny? No one has heard Vinyl speak, and yet she is the most shipped pony in all of the fandom. 

People like Back Ground ponies, we get to design their own personality and, if they don't have a cutie mark, draw pictures or argue over what they will have. 

Weren't Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle "just background characters?"  And yet everyone adores those three, especially me.

Because, now read my lips, BACKGROUND .PONIES .CAN .BE .IMPORTANT .AS .WELL

I think I broke my hand writing this

Pipsqueak is one example.

That is true, but Pipsqueak is not an apple, although Pip... like an Apple Pip... oh God no...

Pipsqueak is one example.

Also read my whole biology rant,Celestia that hurt

I'm about seconds away from banning some from this topic. 

Calm down and discuss with civility, or log off until you learn how to do so. 

He and Apple Bloom share the same eye color. From what I have seen, no other pony in ponyville has that eye color.

Which one? His eye color has changed between episodes.  

He and Babs Seed share the same coat, light brown, though his is slightly darker.

Also which one? His coat (and mane) also changed. 

• Brohoof 1