Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What midnight launches have you been to? (And what was the best one?)

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

With games, comes release dates. With release dates, comes delays. Well, sometimes. However! Also with release dates, comes midnight launches, those times where a game is cold at the stroke of midnight, the instant that the day of the game's release begins. It is an exciting event and if you can attend it, it can be really fun waiting for that moment to hit, for the doors to open. :3

So I want to ask, what midnight launches have YOU attended for video games? How were the experiences? Any particular one that was your favorite? 

There was only one game ever, that i went for on a midnight release and that was for the collectors edition of Street Fighter IV in early 2009.

I think i got put off by it afterwards, because i standing in the cold for 2 hours, to get my grips on the game and although it's a great game, i actually catched a cold because of it and was in bed for 3 days. XD

Went to the GTA 5 midnight launch in my local town. I was kinda dissapointrd Nothing really happened to be honest. Could have just gotten the digital release but at least I got to meet some friends that I hadn't seen in a while.

My parents and I went to the launch of the Gamecube at Walmart. I didn't get to play it until Christmas, of course.

Other than that, I can't think of anything. Aside from getting Pokemon X at midnight because I worked in a store and had a break to do that.

The only midnight release I went to was the midnight launch of Call of Duty Black Ops 3 at Gamestop. The experience was not bad, there was a giant screen outside the store for people to play and others to watch, and talking to people who were looking forward to the new game. I remember I rushed home to attempt at doing a marathon online gaming, but I stopped when I was getting a headache playing the game for two hours. It also didn't help that I fell asleep while trying to stay up waiting to go to the midnight launch.  :lol:

I've been to several of them. I went to the midnight launch for Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, the playstation 4, but the biggest one that stands out to me was when the Nintendo Wii first came out.

At the time my family was on vacation and we went to Hot Springs, Arkansas. One of the biggest stores around was a Target and I didn't want to miss getting a Nintendo Wii so around 8:00 p.m. my mom took me to Target and we were directed to go to the garden area of the store and wait until midnight. The garden area was outdoors and the temperature was freezing. We had to sign a sheet to say we were going to purchase a Nintendo and we were not allowed to leave the store if we were waiting for one.

Finally at midnight I was able to purchase one. Unfortunately I couldn't open and play my new nintendo in the cabin we rented so I had to wait until we were home before I could play it. It was really late by the time we got back but I didn't care. I opened up the Nintendo and powered it on. I remember being wowed by the motion controller and really liked the Wii Sports bowling.

I went to the midnight release for Pokemon: Omega Ruby and Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire. I couldn't wait until a later date to pick up the games, so I went to the midnight release with my friend. I actually had the stomach fou at the time, but I managed to drive to Game Stop anyway!

:lol:

I've never seen the point of getting a game at a midnight release.  I always just go the next day.  

If accessibility may be compromised, I reserve the product.

If there are different versions of the product, and i want a specific one, I also reserve it in advance.