Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lauren Faust says one of the characters from season 1 is Trans... but which one?

Buck Testa

trans%20but%20who_zpsjjdfdohe.png

So Lauren Faust in a fit of procrastination tweeted out that one of the characters from season 1 is actually Transgender. I have a feeling I know which one she is referring too but I was wondering who you guys think it is.

My money is on Caramel since he's a character we've seen both a male and female model for in season one.

genderbending_caramel_by_alonewolf009-d5

• Brohoof 17

I seriously doubt this means anything

I'll take it as a tongue in cheek joke/reference to Trixie though, I remember hearing her say Trixie was originally supposed to be male

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 15

Maybe she meant one of the ponies loves trans music?

Seriously though, if this were true, I don't think she'd just leave it hanging like that, and let us start imagining who in Equestria it might be. So, that said, I'm gonna say that she's trolling the fandom until it's proven that it ACTUALLY is true.

I mean, why not just say who it is? Is that SO HARD?

I'll take it as a tongue in cheek joke/reference to Trixie, I remember hearing her say Trixie was originally supposed to be male

High possibility that THIS was her intention.

BTW, nice Sunburst avatar ;)

• Brohoof 3

Oh boy, Lauren said something and everybody is panicking.

At this point, her "fanons" are as good as a fanfic and nothing else, because she left faster then i could say "Lauren don't leave." >_>

• Brohoof 8

....Because a (former in this case) crew member has NEVER trolled us before, right?

Well, i guess nobody has been a bigger attention seeker in this case.

I don't see how this would be "trolling" so I doubt that's what she's doing here. After all, her saying a character is trans isn't funny or weird, hell, any character or any number of characters could be trans for all we know based on what we've seen. It's not like any character has ever said "I'm cis", that's just what people assume if they don't say something else. Besides that, if they were trans it wouldn't change them at all, unlike if she tweeted that like Pinkie secretly hates parties or something.

I think Faust would get in some trouble if she "outed" a specific character because "oh noes a non monocishet on a kids show protect the children ahhh!", so we may never get confirmation, but if she says that she envisioned a specific character as being trans then I believe it.

It may very well be Caramel, that would make sense if it's one who specifically transitioned during the series, but in reality it could be anyone. Looking at Caramel though, if that's the case it may very well indicate that some sort of hormone therapy exists in Equestria, there may even be a spell or potion for it, which is just a super-neat world building concept :D

• Brohoof 4

I don't see how this would be "trolling" so I doubt that's what she's doing here. After all, her saying a character is trans isn't funny or weird, hell, any character or any number of characters could be trans for all we know based on what we've seen. It's not like any character has ever said "I'm cis", that's just what people assume if they don't say something else. Besides that, if they were trans it wouldn't change them at all, unlike if she tweeted that like Pinkie secretly hates parties or something.

I think Faust would get in some trouble if she "outed" a specific character because "oh noes a non monocishet on a kids show protect the children ahhh!", so we may never get confirmation, but if she says that she envisioned a specific character as being trans then I believe it.

She says this simply to get some attention. This is a very controversial topic and something that make people talk about her again, because lately, she dosen't have any work, because she blew that whole deal with the medusa movie.

I think this is nothing and just attention seeking.

• Brohoof 1

This reeks of the whole J.K Rowling announcing years after the conclusion of the books that Dumbledore was gay the whole time, despite the fact that it was totally unnecessary, irrelevant to the story and contributed nothing whatsoever to the narrative.  In fact it came across as nothing more than a cheap shot to score a few easy popularity points with the PC brigade.

• Brohoof 6

On a side note, I find it interesting how quick people seem to be to write this off. I can't help but ask why, I mean whether this is true or not changes literally nothing. No character is confirmed as cisgender or transgender whatsoever, the only reason this even matters in the first place is because most people see being cis as something that should be assumed until proven otherwise, which does nothing but erase people who aren't cis

• Brohoof 1

I don't see how this would be "trolling" so I doubt that's what she's doing here. After all, her saying a character is trans isn't funny or weird, hell, any character or any number of characters could be trans for all we know based on what we've seen. It's not like any character has ever said "I'm cis", that's just what people assume if they don't say something else.

That's not how statistics work. Only about 0.2-0.3% of the population can be considered transsexual. It's normal to assume the opposite unless given reason not to.

• Brohoof 2

Considering this was followed by a lot of weird accusations on who each pony would marry (including one with Applejack having 12 husbands at once) I'm not taking this seriously and neither should you. Just learn to laugh along.

• Brohoof 5

I mean whether this is true or not changes literally nothing.

Exactly, so why mention it at all?

If it doesn't contribute to the narrative then allow the viewer/reader to make up their minds for themselves instead of shoehorning tokens into the story for no reason.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

I am honest, i have a serious problem with her attitude. Apparently these "joke comments" are the only ways for her to keep herself relevant, because no studio wants her anymore, because she is a quitter.

That's not how statistics work. Only about 0.2-0.3% of the population can be considered transsexual. It's normal to assume the opposite unless given reason not to.

Statistics regarding the LGBT+ community are by their very nature skewed, I mean it's only natural given how society insists that people have to all be monocishet. Even if that number is accurate though, the fact remains that presuming a trans person to be cis will still be inaccurate regardless of any statistic, and given that each person will inevitably talk to several such people in their lifetime at least, that's still several people hurt and invalidated for each person who chooses to be so presumptuous who could easily have been built up instead of being torn down. Why make assumptions when you can just be nice to people, you feel?

Also, the term you're looking for is transgender, not transsexual.

And to tie it back to MLP, we've seen loads of characters over the past 5 seasons. At this point, even given a low estimate for percentage of trans people the odds that we haven't run across a trans character yet are actually quite slim.

• Brohoof 2

I am honest, i have a serious problem with her attitude. Apparently these "joke comments" are the only ways for her to keep herself relevant, because no studio wants her anymore, because she is a quitter.

Most of Lauren's work is stuff Craig made, like Foster's Home, Wander, and PowerPuff Girls.

Statistics regarding the LGBT+ community are by their very nature skewed, I mean it's only natural given how society insists that people have to all be monocishet.

The same "society" that named Caitlyn Jenner woman of the year? Lolno. In 2002, you might have had a point, but times have changed. Deviation is not only accepted, but sensationalized.

Even if that number is accurate though, the fact remains that presuming a trans person to be cis will still be inaccurate regardless of any statistic,

You aren't making any sense. Unless you mean people should literally ask every person they meet if they're trans or not before conversing, the logical thing to do is assume that they fall into the 99.7% statistic instead of the 0.3% statistic. In the rare case where that assumption is incorrect, it can be rectified within seconds.

I don't see the issue.

and given that each person will inevitably talk to several such people in their lifetime at least, that's still several people hurt and invalidated for each person who chooses to be so presumptuous who could easily have been built up instead of being torn down.

Invalidated because a perfect stranger said something incorrect about them? What?

What color is my hair? What color are my eyes? Do I have heterochromia? If so, what color is each eye? Be sure to get this all right, or you risk invalidating me.

Why make assumptions when you can just be nice to people, you feel?

We make assumptions every day. Inevitably, a few will be wrong. An incorrect assumption doesn't mean you "aren't nice." 

Also, the term you're looking for is transgender, not transsexual.

If you want to get technical, the condition is known as dysmorphia or dysphoria, depending on the specifics.

• Brohoof 2