Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Best Video Game Soundtracks

Discordian

In your opinion what are some of the best, or at least your favorite, VG Music Soundtracks?

I'll always have to give props to Sonic for both stage and boss themes (Yeah, I love Crush 40)

But other than that I love Wild Guns, Wild Arms 2 and Castlevania.

And I haven't played these series' but from the music I've heard of them they could possibly end up my faves. The series' are: Persona and Ys.

• Brohoof 3

Dark Souls has an absolutely fantastic soundtrack, and one that I'm very glad to have gotten a hold of. It's simply an 'epic' soundtrack; listening to it while doing just about anything makes it feel like it's all important and just awesome.

Metroid deserves a mention, if only for the stuff that Metroid Metal has put out

^ Had a chance to hear them play that in concert, was bloody epic.

There a LOT of soundtracks i`ve listened to in my 10 years of being a gamer & the best 1`s i heard is...

Halo

Gears of War

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Characters themes

Super Mario 64

Arcana Heart 3

Devil May Cry

Final Fantisy

BlazBlue

Backyard Wresting had some funny ass songs! ( Most of them were even real songs! )

Call of Duty, All of the Zombie Music Easter Eggs

• Brohoof 1

Games by Frictional Games, such as Umbra and Amnesia. Their tracks range from utterly peaceful to unsettling and downright disturbing.

Also the Fatal Frame series, aka Project Zero, to which I have recently gotten a liking. They have eerie BGMs haunting the ear while the ghosts haunt the eye, not to mention beautiful ending songs.

From the Sonic franchise: Sonic Riders series, Unleashed, The Secret Rings. They're mostly speedy of course, save from Unleashed where the night stages have a more quiet feeling.

And others: Brawl, SMG2, Deadly Creatures. I'm obsessed with that last one at the moment, I especially love the two bosses' BGMs - the rattlesnake and Struggs.

My list...

Top two game music series:

Touhou

Silent Hill

OH YEAH TOEHOEZ AND AKIRA YAMAOKA

Uh, aside from those I'd go with F-Zero GX, No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label, Chrono Cross, Mother 3, and a couple of soundtracks composed by Shoji Meguro.

Sonic always has great music. I like a few Kingdom Hearts songs. I like any song Nintendo makes I haven't heard a song I don't like from them.

Edited by Applejack
  • Brohoof 1