Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What are You Afraid of?

Dark Bun

Personally, being left all alone for an extend amount of time is pretty bad one, however I doubt many people would enjoy not seeing another person, or even a pet for more than a year.

I also have a fear of drowning, which is weird because I can swim really well. I suppose it's just the idea of getting water all in my lungs that freaks me out.

So yeah, what are you guys afraid of? (I feel like a lot of people will say spiders.)

• Brohoof 4

Actually, I don't mind spiders all that much. They can be cute sometimes, and I'm glad they eat insects. I just wouldn't want them crawling on me.

I'm pretty afraid of doctors honestly. I've had my fair share of bad doctor experiences and now I'm always on the verge of feinting when the doctor has to do anything that involves pain. (Which especially sucks when I need my hormones!)

I'm also pretty afraid of being discriminated against for being trans, but I guess that's the life of a trans person.

-Heights

-Dead things (especially with their eyes open)

-Failure

-Rollercoasters

-Holding human babies

-Needles

Edited by Quartzy
  • Brohoof 2

My fears consist of:

• Being chased
  • Darkness
  • Natural disasters
  • Tight and closed spaces
  • Ghosts, spirits, demons, etc.
  • My house being broken into
  • Vomiting (Emotophobia)
  • Roller coasters
  • Getting shouted at
  • Shots/vaccines
  • Deep water
  • Large aquatic creatures
  • Insects
  • Brohoof 2

I am afraid of:

Zombies

Nightmare Animatronics

Uncomfortable silence

Failing tests

MLP creepypastas

falling

And SlenderMan/Mane

Edited by DamienBolt8592

I'm afraid of the bottom of bodies of water. Not necessarily the water, but specifically the bottom ground of a lake/ocean. I don't know, I just find the bottom to be really disgusting with tonnes of creepy-crawlies, gunk/seaweed, etc.. That's why I never really liked diving, and why I'm afraid of sinking to bottom of a lake/ocean.

Cockroaches are disgusting and I dread them after seeing a scene in a movie where this guy's body becomes a cockroach nest. Typing this is making me want to vomit.

And heights.

I'm afraid of the dark but only on the condition of that I'm all alone in the dark. Otherwise I'm usually fine with it.

Also goddamn big spiders, unless they look cute. Which they sometimes do.

And lastly, awfully big and dark aquariums. Don't get me wrong, I love the sealife and I love being able to see their all-mightyness through glass. Even though I'd much rather see them in the wild.. Anywho, what I mean is when you have to enter through some creepy, dark entrance and go into a daaaark tunnel where you barely see anything but water surrounding you and creepy, big creatures swimming around in that dark, closed up environment. I just get the chills and freak out everytime I need to enter such a place. It's like a haunted house to me!

And unlike you, who said most people will say spiders, I'll bet that most people will say that they are scared to be lonely or whatever, something in that manner.

Edited by Collibri
  • Brohoof 1

I also hate wasps and hornets, or pretty much any insect that stings or buzzes really loud.

Things I am afraid of include:

• The Unknown

• Holes (Trypophobia, and good luck if you decide to research this)

• Insects with a large number of legs

• Dying unexpectedly

• Failure

• Hurting the people that I care about

• Accidentally snapping and becoming mean to others

This is going to sound really embarrassing, and I'm sure somebody out there will be laughing at this, but...

I'm really scared of babies. I can't tell you how long I've had this fear for. I know some are saying "you were a baby once!", but it doesn't change the fact that these fears are real and have had such a negative impact on my life. What scares me most about babies is their appearance -- which is ironically, the main reason why many people love them. From their bulging cheeks and stomachs to how their limbs aren't fully developed yet, as well as their big eyes and their gaping mouths, I just feel like I'm looking at an alien than a real person.

But one thing's for certain -- I don't hate babies. As much as they really freak me out, I certainly do think that it's fucking disgusting when people abuse them. They can't defend themselves and can't think things rationally, so whenever I hear people do nasty stuff towards them, I get very angry.

If anything, my feelings towards babies is very complicated. I can go on about how I feel about them, but that's for another time.

• Brohoof 4

Mostly being hurt. Ive got a whole bunch of techniques now to handle my smaller fears, like needles and talking to a crowd. The one big fear I haven't been able to tackle yet is the fear of having my feelings shattered.

What an interesting topic! Well I, of course, is afraid of normal stuff like the dentist or syringes, I have several "particular" fears: notably a light globofobia (fear of baloons) and any swarm insects that ressemble a bee or make similar noise. ^_^

Surprisingly pretty much the only thing I fear is dogs.

I like dogs, but I do become scared when a stranger's dog approaches or comes near me. I'm OK with dogs I know though, such as my relatives' dogs. Heh, this is actually quite a recently developed fear thanks to one certain event:

I was out walking with my granddad and his dog, when we came across a friend of his and their German shepherd. Now, I had seen and even played and interacted with this dog before, and knew them as being friendly. We were stood there whilst my granddad and his friend talked and with my granddad saying hello and petting the German shepherd and I thought she was giving me a funny look. I did not know why at the time, nor did I find it too weird that they seemed to be analysing every detail of my face. I would of said hello and started stroking her myself, but that look held me back, and thank goodness it did. 

After a few second she starting barking and growling, and lashed out at my face. Thankfully her short lead held her back as she kept trying, snarling and all. Needless to say this sudden attack left me quite startled, especially since we all knew the dog as being gentle and kind. The man apologised and told me that it might be best for me to walk away, and not to take her behaviour personally. Since then I've always been weary of dogs not belonging to family, and I'm always filled with panic if someone with a dog is walking towards me.

I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way, but I fear being maimed. Once you end up losing a limb or being paralyzed, you can't really go back to a normal life. In the same vain but to a lesser extent, I'm afraid of permanent illnesses and medical conditions, like Diabetes or an STD.