Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tools of Trade & Tips

• Paint Tool Sai - Art Program
  • Photoshop CS6 - Small effects some times
  • Wacom Intuos 3 Tablet - Used forever
  • Wrist guard - Good for those who have carpole tunnel like me or those who roll/easily feel pain with their hand.
  • Tip #1 Waterbottle - Trust me using water while staying occupied for hours at a time working on art its good to keep something with less sugar. Plus you can buy flavor water packets if you really desire something with flavor. 
  • Tip #2 Do not sit for periods of time that last longer than 5 hours. You must get around and walk, bad things can happen to muscles and veins if you leave them in one position or not move them for longer than this. Sometimes it can even be life threatening! Take your time on art and be sure to go out and walk even if you desire to stay and draw. 
  • Tip #3 If you're like me and stay up late at night drawing you learn pretty fast its bad for your stomach and also health to snack out on things during all hours. I recommend eating light fruits or maybe even nuts if you aren't allergic. Eating junk food or full blown meals can end up making you nauseated and possibly harder to find sleep quicker.
  • Tip #4 DO NOT force your self to stay awake. Work on art at your own pace and do not think you have to rush to get things done and plus disrupting your own sleep patterns can be harmful in it self.
  • Tip #5 MOST IMPORTANTLY... Save your work continuously cause for the love of Celestia I have lost so much work by not saving regularly.

This out of the way...
*cracks knuckles*
Lets get to business.. I guess I'll start from oldest to newest of my recent works. 

Kayy so this first one is a bit of fan art based from the IDW comics so if you plan to read or haven't read to the 'Reflections arc' then I do not really recommend looking. If you do not care then be my guest!

sig-4443790.love_to_shield_me___by_inush

These next three are fan art from Equestria Girls: Friendship Games so again if you do not want potential spoilers..
Then do not hesitate skipping this spoiler section all together. If you notice I relatively screwed up her outfit on most of the images then you'd be correct. It was frustrating for me to even figure those out. Everything else? Piece of cake mostly.. But the clothing just.. WHY

sig-4443790.imagine_all_i_ll_learn_by_se
sig-4443790.wake_me_from_this_nightmare_
sig-4443790.my_desire__my_dream___it_s_t

This is fan art of Sunset Shimmer, mostly was a practice run really.
My theory is her being the Princess of Guidance with element being possibly "empathy" or "forgiveness"
Because she was two sides of a coin and knows both walks of life. Plus the fact who knows what hardships she had to overcome offscreen.

sig-4443790.princess_of_guidance_by_inus

These two are together because they are kinda a 'mini story' in my mind I could never actually form into words into a fanfiction.
Majorly what happens is Discord gets corrupted by his own dark magic arts and begins tormenting Fluttershy with nightmares that are endless.
Resulting in eventually her breaking fully and him able to use his power to turn Fluttershy into a sort of Nightmare Moon sort of thing.

sig-4443790.nightmare_plague_by_inushiri
sig-4443790.rebirthing_nightmare_by_inus

Unnamed Pony though I have been tempted to just name her Silver Music..
Well anyway ear is awkwardly placed and so is the horn. But hey practice makes perfect!

sig-4443790.unnamed_pony_by_inushiri-d9s

This was my first shot of drawing tirek! Inspired by a animatic by Ink Potts!
Just search up "You're only second rate animatic" by Ink Potts ;v;

sig-4443790.you_are_just_second_rate_by_

This final image was inspired by a fan fiction. If you wish to know which one I'll gladly share via PM!
I am trying to evade directly sharing things publicly without permission to do so out of respect for the authors/Artists.

sig-4443790.shattered_by_inushiri-d9thmj

PS. Sketches and other unfinished art will probably be posted via blogging once I have ability to make blogging posts. :> 

Edited by Rio
  • Brohoof 7

Holy moly, these are beautifully outstanding!

The detail, the lighting, the shading, it all looks great. Very nice indeed, I especially like the first Discord+Fluttershy one.

• Brohoof 1

This is a very amazing and interesting style. I love the way you colour things as well, amazing work! <3 

Thank you! Glad you find my style interesting. :>

Holy moly, these are beautifully outstanding!

The detail, the lighting, the shading, it all looks great. Very nice indeed, I especially like the first Discord+Fluttershy one.

Thank you so much! I like to take my own flavor and incorperate it to MLP also slightly obsessed with glowing/bright light situations.. Meh. Regardless thank you again and I'm glad you especially like the Discord + Fluttershy one. <3

I'm so jealous, you have an amazing art style! Got any more artwork to share?

Don't be jealous! Practice makes perfect and time definitely takes account as well. I've been drawing for about ten years now so it took me a long while to get where I am. Though people develop skills faster than others and some slower than others as long as you keep at it you will find something that works and build from there. In regards to more artwork to share not at the moment, but I have plans to make more soon once more creative gears get grinding.

These are amazing! :o I hope I get to be as good as you.

If you don't mind me asking, what program/device do you use? I'm hoping to save up for a good device and program so that I can start doing digital one of these days :D

• Brohoof 1

These are amazing! :o I hope I get to be as good as you.

If you don't mind me asking, what program/device do you use? I'm hoping to save up for a good device and program so that I can start doing digital one of these days :D

Thank you!

Do not mind at all. In fact I always willing to share brush settings, etc... to those who wish to know.

But as for my tools of trade they are the following;

• Wacom Intuos 3 - Drawing Tablet
  • Painttool Sai - Art Program

Painttool Sai I believe is around $60 so its pretty cheap! Only down side is it does not have a text tool so you'd have to either use Paint or another art program like Open Canvas, Gimp, or Photoshop to likely add text. Though personally it is very rare I ever add text.

Bright side is as far as I am aware Adobe Photoshop CS2 is free on their website so you can grab that to make up for the lack of text tool and maybe even dual wield them as a combination. Since Photoshop is fantastic for adding special effects to art.

If you want a recommendation for a tablet I'd recommend Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet as they are cheap and mine lasted around 6 years before a cat chewed on the cord. *coughs*

Regardless so this question isn't asked frequently I shall edit my main post and add my tools of trade so they know what I work with. 

Again thank you and never be shy about asking questions~

• Brohoof 1

@Rio

Hope those creative gears getting turning soon. :) and I will keep practicing my own art style as well, hopefully one day I can get just as good an artist as you.

If you ever want an opinion or help do not hesitate to PM me :>

I enjoy redlining/helping people improve.

I'm working on getting dem gears turning

Just need some grease and I'll get on with it! :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love some of, nah all of your stuff just saying you have some real talent there. 

Thank you~ Glad you like some of all of my stuff  ^_^ 

:blink: Wow!

Words cannot even!

Cannot even words!

Ahem- Anyway.. Thank you! :>

Dayum, that's some beautiful artworks m8.

Keep doing it :3

ps: could you tell me how ya do the wings?

Thank you!

I plan to, cant stop me now!  :fluttershy: 

Do you want a tutorial on how I draw them in general or how I draw them Pegasus/Alicorn wise?

Because I can simply create an in depth blog post about how I draw wings from the ground up. Just want to clarify rather or not you mean for ponies. I draw wings virtually the same on all critters but if you specifically want a pony version then I'd make one specifically pony version. :3

Reason I say tutorial is because it is relatively easier to draw step by step instruction versus making a huge post here simply to try and explain via wording. vwv

Edited by Rio

Thank you~ Glad you like some of all of my stuff ^_^

Cannot even words!

Ahem- Anyway.. Thank you! :>

Thank you!

I plan to, cant stop me now! :fluttershy:

Do you want a tutorial on how I draw them in general or how I draw them Pegasus/Alicorn wise?

Because I can simply create an in depth blog post about how I draw wings from the ground up. Just want to clarify rather or not you mean for ponies. I draw wings virtually the same on all critters but if you specifically want a pony version then I'd make one specifically pony version. :3

Reason I say tutorial is because it is relatively easier to draw step by step instruction versus making a huge post here simply to try and explain via wording. vwv

I mean, only for ponies of course, because i have a huge problem when it comes to draw feathers x.x

Well, would be cool to do a image explaining how ya do it, soso maybe i can try on paper xD

I mean, only for ponies of course, because i have a huge problem when it comes to draw feathers x.x

Well, would be cool to do a image explaining how ya do it, soso maybe i can try on paper xD

Alrighty!

I've been working on the tutorial, I just need to refine some of the steps and such before I can make it official. ;v;

PS. @ Everyone who creeps here

I am actually working on a new drawing! Not sure how it will turn out, but kinda hoping it comes out as good as my mind is interpreting it. @n@

I have officially concluded I cannot attach anymore offsite images.

So I'll now be commenting things since most of my drawings are above the attachment limit-- I hope this is no big deal...

This technically contains spoilers for Equestria Girls: Friendship Games so beware when looking!

clarity_by_inushiri-d9xwuja.pngclarity_version_2_by_inushiri-d9xwujs.pn

clarity_version_3_by_inushiri-d9xwujj.pn

Art not related to the TV series or Movies. Everyone gasp dramatically!

flittering_by_inushiri-d9y10pz.pngPony not designed by me, but I bought it from the creator. 

That's some seriously awesome art. The detail is great. Keep it up! :D

Thank you!

• Brohoof 1

sig-4454233.flittering_by_inushiri-d9y10Pony not designed by me, but I bought it from the creator. 

Thank you!

Your welcome. You deserve recognition, you've got an awesome talent there.

sig-4454233.flittering_by_inushiri-d9y10Pony not designed by me, but I bought it from the creator. 

Thank you!

Actually, that looks a lot like Star Catcher from G3

starcatcher_sml.jpg

It looks amazing :3 I love it ^.^

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Since I have not updated in a while I figured I'd toss these up here. :P

chaos_theory_by_inushiri-da2t5vw.png

let_your_whole_world_fall_apart_by_inush

Lower two might be an actual spoiler. 

3c74ab96844942a1aa25faea6e07f31c-da340je

c8915782ce.jpg