Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How is Rainbow Dash inspirational, at all?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

In classical Greek mythology, when Pegasus struck the ground on a mountain's sides, it caused springs to burst out. These springs became sacred to the Muses, who raised Pegasus after Athena brought the winged horse to them, earning his association with the Muses and inspiration.

Since Rainbow Dash herself is a pegasus, how do you think she would also be as inspirational as the classic Pegasus of mythology?

Rainbow's first Sonic Rainboom was inspirational to the other five of the Mane Six; and apparently pretty damned important to the fate of Equestria, according to the season five finale.

She's brave and heroic; having saved several ponies from, at the very least, serious injury.  She has a reputation for helping ponies in dire need without hesitation; particularly when a quick response is vital.

She's both a fast and apparently skillful flyer; I think people sometimes neglect to mention the last bit.  She ain't just fast; she knows what she's doing.  This also goes to athleticism and determination, as she's shown a commitment to improving her flying abilities and pursuing her goals.

She's confident, she's a dreamer, she's a supportive big sister, and she's a loyal friend.

Oh, and I imagine that there are some little girls out there who identify with her; I think that's pretty inspirational.  Not every little girl wants to be a princess.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 4

I consider Rainbow Dash, the poster-mare for the entire series. I know Twilight is the leader and all, but when it comes tto selling merchandise you see more of Dash and Pinkie than anyone else. I agree with Ziggy and Angelbaby, it's not always about being a princess. Rainbow Dash's personality and goals are realistic compared to Twilight's. Even Rarity and Applejack I think are good role model characters for girls. 

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

(edited)

Rainbow Dash is inpsirational to athletic girls, or girls who are curious about athletics, as her strength, speed and stamina are amazing, and she shows that hard work and determination can accomplish anything, whether it's a Sonic Rainboom or being the captain of like every sports team.

She's also inspirational to children with difficulty learning in school. She obviously had a major problem in Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3, and it showed that just because she had trouble learning a subject, even with different means, did not make her stupid. She just needed a different method of instruction.

She is also inspirational for teachers, as this same episode shows a prime example of why differentiated instruction works, particularly for students who display difficultly learning under certain learning modalities. Rainbow Dash was able to learn the history of the Wonderbolts via a combination of the visual and kinesthetic (via her flying) modalities.

-PiratePony, M.Ed., Curriculum & Instruction

Edited by PiratePony
  • Brohoof 1