Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Crimson Requiem (IC)

Redeye

(edited)

The immediate vibe he received from these two was too harsh on him. He immediately understood, at least one wasn't friendly. Since they spoke like they knew each other, he could determine very well one thing. He was definitely not welcome among them. He nodded and closed his eyes, saying not in context to his question, "I understand." This wasn't what was most desirable, but maybe he pushed his Kharmic values by staring at them beyond their will. There were many others he had chances to build friendships with.

And then almost before he stepped away, the armored woman approached and started conversing with them. What a pleasant surprise, even if she was a tad inaccurate. He looked at her with those wide eyes, a smile growing and then laughed before he replied, "Well I guess I look the part. Well Calah, let me say that while i can appear one way, I'm the product of a very illuminated and kind past. I'm actually quite happy, and like to think of myself as a balanced and easy goin g person. But I may be biased on my opinion of myself. But I digress." He held out his hand to her, "I'm Encious, but you may call me anything." His back machine twitching. It got hot, and he looked around her, brightening up and placing his hand behind his neck before asking nervously, "And if you wouldn't mind me asking, are you a machine interface too?"

Edited by Colenso Rivers

@,@@Colenso Rivers,  

Etherius turned his head as the new comer came to listen better and responded quickly "Not really" he then focused on his hearing to once again monitor the area around him. Meanwhile Mepherit looked up at the person who came in the metal suit 'another weirdo... and a rude one at that' she calmly thought unsure if Etherius or her were the weirder one of the bunch "I... Didn't pick these clothes. Etheri-" as she was about to finish her sentence Etherius hand was over her mouth and she could feel a slight pressure over her mouth as she remembered "Ethera here picked them I mean" she said doing a false laugh afterwards which was so obvious to decipher it was a lie. Etherius then simply said "First, about her past. Better not ask. Second, my name is Ethera. Nice to meet you and I'm doing fine, you?" Etherius spoke almost a little restrained. Mepherit then quickly told her name, although it almost ended up in a yell "I'm Mepherit!" Afterwards Etherius stated a question at the new comer "Oh, I guess I'll ask another question as well. Do you take a book for its cover this often?"

(edited)

"Release the next monster!" Lieutenant Ares shouted.

Nothing happened for 10 seconds.

"*AHEM* I said... release the next monster!!" he shouted even louder.

Nothing again.

"Excuse me for a second, General." Ares said as he stepped down from his platform, opened a trap door on the ground, and walked in. 30 seconds later you can hear screams coming from the "dungeons", as well as General Ares yelling his lungs out at one of his men.

30 more seconds passed. The Lieutenant stepped out of the dungeon.

"Apologies for the inconvenience. Some genius decided to take a coffee break down there."

The next monster was soon released. Out came a Slime-like creature. Upon closer inspection, it turns out to be a snail after it revealed its Shell. The Cochlea was said to be the manifestation of one's laziness. How fitting.

It's also too lazy to attack you first. Go ahead. Break a leg.

Oh wait. You can't. It doesn't have legs.

...do it anyways.

Parvus Cochlea

HP: 6/6

STR: 1

DEX: 1

ACR: 0

Edited by Redeye
  • Brohoof 3

@@Colenso Rivers, @@rolle,

"Hey, another someone who can actually talk without being authoritarian or edgy!" she said with a grin to Enicious, before scratching her head for a second. "Well, not sure if I am or not. I certainly know I can burn things without an interface, but, I mean, I was wired into a suit I wear underneath this armor, so hey, who knows if I count or not?" She shrugged. "Ah, well, I guess another question I'll ask whoever professes to be in charge around here once we finally get through this slog of waiting."

She then turned to the pair- Etheria and Mepherit. "Well, you know, there's authority and they're obviously not in any way outwardly kindhearted or anything like that, and this seems like the area for people like that, so hey, I'll take things at face value for a little bit. Besides, it was mainly the blindfold that gave me the impression. You all seemed like stereotypes. Glad to see that I was mistaken, though, I thought everything would be as monotonous as those major people over there. Anyways, I'm doing alright."

She turned to the arena. "Hey, they released the next monster! Looks like escargot's on the menu next."

He took her comment as a compliment, until she started thinking aloud on his interface question. She didn't know if she was an interface? He wasn't the type to judge, so he wouldn't, but he was quite curious on how she didn't know. He tilted her head at her and just looked at her with a curious expression. "So, if you don't mind me asking," Awkwardly trying to avoid his nagging curiosity on how she didn't know, "How did you come about walking the path that you have chosen to take?" His snapped up, not paying any attention to the fight, smiling as he regularly made a habit of doing.

He took her comment as a compliment, until she started thinking aloud on his interface question. She didn't know if she was an interface? He wasn't the type to judge, so he wouldn't, but he was quite curious on how she didn't know. He tilted her head at her and just looked at her with a curious expression. "So, if you don't mind me asking," Awkwardly trying to avoid his nagging curiosity on how she didn't know, "How did you come about walking the path that you have chosen to take?" His snapped up, not paying any attention to the fight, smiling as he regularly made a habit of doing.

• Brohoof 1

After Estiel had made his way out of the arena, he maneuvered his way through the crowd, scanning for any signs of an exit. Much to his dismay, there were none in sight, even with his height advantage. He then decided that he would just make his way to the edge of the crowd, avoid being surrounded.

@@Redeye

The look of eager anticipation slowly died down on Tara's face as the wait lengthened. At one point, her ear began to itch as she caught an echo of a name being spoken despite the din of the crowd in which the sound was drowned. There was no time to react to it at present, however, as her appointed target entered the scene. A smirk crept onto her face as she observed the slow-moving creature stagnate in place in front of her. "I get the first lead, then?" she said calmly, more to herself than the onlookers, though it wasn't exactly a whisper. "Splendid."

Deciding upon a tactic to approach her opponent she spun the right blade in her hand. As she stepped a cautious step to the side of the slug, her left hand was free - but when all of a sudden she sprang forwards, a mean-looking, aged machete was held in it above her head. "Let's see if you have anything in Swords!" she shouted gamely, as her weapon bore down on the exposed part of the snail's body, almost exactly where its shell ended.

(edited)

@, @@Colenso Rivers,

Etherius didn't respond for awhile and he didn't get to before Mepherit cut in "I think she means the king and general" Etherius felt a bit stupid not realizing that they do indeed have a very wide authority gap compared to them "Well, I never really felt that the king had such a high authority..." he audibly thought "Forget that" he immediately said after he realized he spoke out loud "See, you should have paid more attention in class" Mepherit responded with a smile on her face, Etherius didn't respond to this and instead asked Encious something "Just got one question... Were you born like that or did you artifically enhance your body later in your life?" before Encious would have been able to answer Mepherit responded with "Wouldn't it be hard with the former...?" Etherius seemingly ignoring the question didn't respond to her, instead waiting on Encious' reply.

Edited by rolle

hgrvuhvrijbufbtfbutgbntgibtihbntribitrjitrnjfbinfjfsd

Your machete slit the snail quite nicely.

3 Damage.

Parvus Cochlea

HP: 3/6

But, weirdly enough, the cut you made is now oozing some kind of strange blue liquid. Monsters don't normally bleed, do they?

Of course they don't. The Cochlea just unleashed its "counterattack instinct". The blue liquid suddenly squirts on your arm. The thing that makes this so bad is because now you have Acid on your body. And it hurts quite a bit. Although the burns are minor, and that the acid somehow evaporated after 5 seconds, it still stings a bit.

1 Damage.

Tara

HP: 5/6

Monsters don't normally bleed, do they? (I did admit a total lack of knowledge about the reality we're in right from the get-go)

A painful cry tore out of Tara's throat as she felt the corrosive substance eat into her flesh. Somehow, however, she managed to keep a grip on the hilt of her machete - and her head clear enough to devise the next appropriate move soon enough that even as she recoiled from the toxic stinging in her left hand, she let the right, still gripping the curved blade, slice something in the general area of the snail's head while she used the momentum of this very movement to also try and boot the monster away with her right foot in anticipation of a similar defensive reaction occurring from its skin being broken elsewhere.

please just stay in chemistry

The snail thing is now dead. Good job. You did it.

3 Damage.

Parvus Cochlea

HP: 0/6

Tara obtained 1 XP.

"Nicely done. Don't worry about that burn, we have medics over there." the General says as he points to his right, towards the medics whom are currently taking care of Estiel's wound.

By the way, Estiel was fully healed. Good to know, eh?

"Next in line, will Alexandr Sparrow please step into the arena?" Athena said.

Encious turned back to Etherius and smiled at their question. So he had a chance to make a friend in these two, and he was about to answer until Mepherit interrupted her.

He was caught off guard and nervously laughed before answering, "Well, you see... its been tried, but the natural portion of the body still wants to grow, but the machine cant.

I'm still growing, however, at my age it's so slow that my daily system check will tell me soon enough when I need to replace my parts." He closed his eyes and tilted his head with a cheerful smile, "Does that answer your question."

Smiling grimly at the sight of her fallen opponent, Tara flicked both of her blades firmly to dislodge any of the creature's innards that may have remained on them, then re-sheathed them quickly. The mention of medics reminded her of the temporarily discarded pain and she winced, glancing at her scalded forearm. Before she could show the anticipation of any treatment, however, her blood chilled as the next contestant was called into the ring. For some reason, she figured there would be at least one fight's time span for her to ease Alex into what was to follow, explain it... especially after the episode she heard playing out earlier. Now she only had a moment.

Forgetting about herself, she tore through the crowd in the direction of her enormous friend, who to her surprise was already wading towards the arena himself. Noticing her gaping at him, he nodded and said cheerfully, "You do good opening. Now my move, yes? Like chess."

"I..." the girl stuttered, taken aback by how easily he shrugged off the previous shock, "...yes?"

As he nodded again and resumed his march towards the arena, she yelled after him, "Only fight the monster they send at you! Remember, this is a safe place!"

If the goliath heard her, he made no effort to convey it, already almost at the center of the arena. Instead, Tara caught one of the gathered watchers giving her a soft look, to which she responded with a sharp "What'cha starin' at? Creep," she added, pushing her way back towards the center, better to be able to observe the fight.

Arriving at the exact center of the circular arena, Alexandr just stopped there and stood staring stupidly at the panel of judges, his metal briefcase making his left arm to swing lightly, but otherwise motionless.

glarbn brabr boabu gabah boo *cryptic neanderthal language*

Tara's wounds were treated off-camera (just pretend there is a camera. just do it.) as Alex made his way to the arena.

Tara was fully healed.

"Release the monster! No coffee breaks this time!!" Ares said.

A feisty lion jumped out of the trapdoor. Properly named the Leo, it's always angry and out for blood. It's amazing how one's wrath can spawn such a deadly creature.

The Leo also begins charging towards Alex! Punch it!!

Parvus Leo

HP: 6/6

STR: 1

DEX: 1

ACR: 1

@@Colenso Rivers

Etherius took a mental note of the information "So, basically due to the mechanical parts not growing along the body the body outgrows it and such only almost or fully matured people can be like you?" Mepherit stared at Etherius in disbelief "That is probably the smartest thing you've said since... Forever?" Etherius made a fist with his right hand at that comment "Its not like you're any better you slacker!" he said with slight anger in his tone "Wasn't it you who said to keep calm?" Etherius however didn't respond this time and Mepherit stopped in stone as she had almost stepped too far this time.

durr

Pay attention, fatso. That big cat just buried its teeth into your leg. I hope you have leg insurance, because OM NOM NOM NOM NOM. But according to your resume, you can take a few hits. So with that in mind, it's high time you give the kitty a whacking.

1 Damage.

Alexandr

HP: 7/8

He nodded at Etherius, their understanding was clear and their summary was sufficient, so he was inclined to let them know they were correct. But then things started to get more intense between them. Things were not flowing.

He cringed and backed up, holding his arms out and saying carefully, "Woah, hey. Can we just take a step back to see how unnecessary this is?"

@@Redeye

After looking dubiously for a while at his leg, currently with a large feline attached to it, Alexandr suddenly yelled a wild cry, indiscernible between rage, pain and panic. Whatever the driving emotion was, it prompted him to take a wild swing with his heavy suitcase, slamming it across the lion's head at a deadly speed.

Meanwhile, in the audience, Tara... ah, who gives a damn. Apparently was being seen to by medics without her even noticing.

ah

Ka-crack. You hit the thing pretty hard, but unfortunately that only made it the slightest bit angrier.

3 damage.

Parvus Leo

HP: 3/6

After getting away from you, it decided that it was done nibbling on your leg. Now it decides to claw at your other leg.

1 Damage.

Alexandr

HP: 6/8

@@Redeye

"Here, kitty. No scratching, I pet you," Alexandr muttered, swaying a little on his injured legs, then shakily dropping to a kneel, but using the momentum to slam a fist right into the monster's head as it drew away from its renewed attempt at mauling his appendages.

@@Redeye

"Here, kitty. No scratching, I pet you," Alexandr muttered, swaying a little on his injured legs, then shakily dropping to a kneel, but using the momentum to slam a fist right into the monster's head as it drew away from its renewed attempt at mauling his appendages.

Aaaaaaand you're done. The punch managed to completely fracture its head. You see it "evaporate" right in front of you.

3 Damage.

Parvus Leo

HP: 0/6

Alexandr gained 1 XP.

1/5

"You're fairly strong. Though you'd might want to be more alert about what you're doing at times," Lieutenant Ares said as he folded his arms.

"Our next fighter will be Calandra. Please step into the arena," Lieutenant Athena followed.

"Welp, my turn." Calah stretched out and after a short, dismissive salute behind her that could be taken of something along the lines of "See ya,", paced into the arena. Perceptive people would notice the red streak that entered her eyes, the energy that built up behind her movements, or- perhaps the most ominously- the fact that her hair started smoldering and smoking.

As she passed through the gates into the arena- passing by Alexandr on her way in- she quickly strode purposely off-center of the arena- just enough where it would irritate the heck out of any OCD person watching- and flipped open the vents in her armor, suffusing her face with a warm orange glow and bringing the temperature of the air around her to something more tolerable for her as cinders began to visibly ignite at the edges of Calah's hair. "Time to show you authority people that I'm able to handle myself out here. Ready when you are." She paused before adding, "Sirs." As she did so, her hands glowed white before fire started to appear, licking her metal armor and the residue dust still in the air from the previous monsters.

@,

Encious watched his new friendly acquaintance head out towards the arena. At first, he'd seen her eyes, and was quite stricken, but recovered and waved to her, calling out, "Be careful!"  She seemed quite tasteful, asides from her authority problems. He could see the heat rippling off of her, and could confidently say it's silky aura mixed in the smoke complimented the rest of her quite nicely.

tssssss

Your fiery hot determination is fiery hot.

"You know the routine!!" Ares shouted.

The trapdoor opened up, and out popped a snake. A big snake. It hisses at you, jealous of your purity compared to it. That's what a snake represents, after all.

Parvus Anguis

HP: 6/6

STR: 1

DEX: 1

ACR: 2

• Brohoof 1

((Wauw can't oneshot it even with active ability except 3% crit chance. RIP. Iron armor and super hot heat aura don't fail me now.))

She rolled her eyes and took a soft step back. Typical. Apparently these faceless authority figures had no personality whatsoever. Gods above, this was going to be a painful year.

She examined the snake for a split second, before grinning and, for the first time in months, releasing her inner fire with a thought. The cinders on her hair exploded into flames, her eyes turned the color of molten gold, and the flames in her hand began to appear blue. The sand arena under her feet began to glass over from the heat, and her armor glowed red hot. Calandra grinned as she turned towards the snake. "Was never a fan of roast snake," she said sardonically, "but it will have to do." With a soft smile, she concentrated for a split second before releasing her energies as a white-hot cone of fire that scorched the ground beneath it, intending to completely envelop the snake in its own personal pyre.

((Ability activated: Living Pyre))