Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life Anthro RP

J.R.

@@captainborgue

"I was a musician too, but I know what that is like the music just did not cover the bills so I got a job where they are always looking. The army, I make a poor excuse for a solider but we don't fight anything so I have a good stable income that I don't spend most of the time so I get to save it up a lot." 

@@J.R., Gemma laughed. "Some tourists think that we're so dumb we'll fall for scams," she said. "They soon find out otherwise. As for wearing bikinis in the summer sun, I'm going to make sure I have plenty of time for that, in between shifts at the boutique. My parents are very good at fitting in my shifts around more important things."

(edited)

Kerrigan's alarm sounded at 6:50am, as it always did, and she was out of bed and had her teeth brushed by 6:55. Showered and dressed by 7:10 on the dot- today's outfit would be a pale grey pencil skirt and matching blouse, as it was warm enough she would simply keep her wings spread open instead of clasped. It was as close to "casual dress" as Hannibal Kerrigan was capable of being.

Breakfast and morning tea was prepared by 7:30, consumed and cleaned up by 7:45. Her bonsai and carnivorous plants were tended to by 8:00, and she had read all that interested her in the local paper by 8:30. Today's schedule included going to the hardware store for fertilizer, stopping by the cafe for another pound of jasmine tea, and a minimum of three hours basking in the sun by the lake shore, during which time she would go over the upcoming exam schedule and extracurriculars for the school.

She left her little cottage on the outskirts of town at 9:00, and gave the enormous Diamond Dog working on extracting a tree stump some extra money in case he needed fill dirt or sod to repair the lawn to completion, and set out for the town center proper. It was about a mile walk from her cottage to main street, and from there a quick ten minute flight to the lake.

Life in Amber Crust was peaceful, predictable, and that suited Kerrigan just fine. There was seldom any need for her to go "full dragon", even with the occasional rowdy student. Today was shaping up to be another well ordered and organized day, a welcome respite before the beach festival. Kerrigan had donated a large amount of money for the festival, as she considered it to be a necessary period of frivolity before buckling down and getting back to work.

However, as she made her way into town, she saw an unusual sight- a newcomer, walking by himself and looking overheated. A marine species, possibly a shark. Interesting.

"Good morning, she said, in her usual clipped tone. "I don't recall seeing you before. Were you looking for something?

Edited by captainborgue

(edited)

Miko didn't bother shutting off Meshuggah's N.M.C.C. After all, it was a good song. Besides, the alarm was supposed to remind her to fall asleep in the first place. She got up off the floor and started stretching. "And I'm still nowhere near gettign this done the right way. More guitars to track and demo. More lyrics to write. More drummers bass players, keyboardists, & sound engineers and pretty much a whole bunch of people to hire to get this done. It sucks being a producer." 

She yawned as she walked out of her studio. 'Now I gotta find my fellow guitarist. After I freshen up" She headed upstairs. 

​A quick shower, brushing and other stuff later, Miko was searching for her. "Come on, she's a bat horse! How hard could she be to find?" One place she hadn't looked. Miko ascended into the attic. And there she was. Hanging upside down by her long cherry red tail, wrapped in her leather wings, was Miko's partner in her side project.  

"Hey...Ruby....Rubeeeeeee!" She harshly whispered. "Hey!" She shoved her, almost punching her like the sandbag she was. "Omph!" "Rise & shine cupcake. We've got s--t to do today." 

Ruby's wings unfurled, revealing the inverted maroon mare underneath, groaning and yawning as she stretched. "Well, what do you know, we both actually went to sleep this time." 

"Well it was purely by accident just to let you know. Come on."

"Alright fine, lemmy get dressed." Ruby said as she dropped down from the rafters, next to an open suitcase with her clothes. 'We should go out for breakfast beofre we get to work. 

"Sounds fine to me."

'Which means you should get dressed before you leave this time." Ruby said as she got her black jeans & Children Of Bodom T-shirt. 

"I don't see what the big deal is. We all have fur! We're already covered for f--k's sake!" she complained as she slid down the ladder. 

Ruby flew in through the open second floor window. "Still, everybody has standards. Think of it as saving the best for last."

'Did you have to wear clothes in Equestria?" 

​"Well, no. It was more of a personal preference and social  norm, dependent on where you lived. I like it. They're comfy."

"Well that's cause you're a short haired mammal. I've got a coat meant to endure arctic conditions." she said as she put on jean cut offs, which were pretty much denim panties at this point, followed by an Overkill halter top that looked a few sizes too small.

"Oh did you post the job adverts yet?"

"Uhhhh..." Miko got out her phone and started typing and making posts.

@@Unicorncob,@@captainborgue, @@J.R., @@Chip Circuit, @@Drago Ryder, @@Pripyat Pony,  @,@@Mentis Soliloquy,  

Wanted:

Auditioning for Bass Player, Drummer, Keyboardist/DJ, vocalist* for session studio work**

​Also seeking full time Sound Engineer. 

If hired, will pay for work by the hour. 

Auditions will be held at Casa De Portnoy studios. 

We will also be at Cafe Shortstop later today. Look for a fox and a bat horse. 

​Best of luck. Stay Metal. \m/

-Miko Tachibana

*Will skimp out on vocalist of none suit needs

**May be hired for touring positions.

"Now I have." 

"Kay. Let's go then." Ruby walked backwards out the window, till she fell out and took to the skies again. 

"No need to lock the door if you never use it." Miko sprinted to the window and dove out of it. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

@@Pripyat Pony,
JR chuckled as he started wiping the counter off, "Heh. Well good luck. I also hear there's gonna be a swimsuit contest to see which girl looks the best. I'd say you have a pretty good shot." He sighed, rolling his eyes, "Sucks that I can't even go because my boss wants me to work that day. I really need to bring in business according to my boss."

---------------

@@Unicorncob,
A dog was making her way from her house downstairs, to the family hardware shop downstairs. However, before she opened up shop, she decided why not look at the shop next to her before she started work? She left the confines of her store, and went over to the place next door, knocking gently, "..H-hello?"

@@J.R., Gemma idly pushed a lock of red gold hair out of her eyes with one hand as she lifted her coffee cup with the other. "That's a shame," she said. "I'll definitely make a point of stopping by, just to make sure that you don't get too lonesome. Thanks for the compliment; I've been working on a special bikini for the beach festival. A one of a kind, available only to me. I work on items for the boutique sometimes, to help Mom out, but what I really like to do is paint."

@@Pripyat Pony,
He shrugged, "Meh it's fine." He pulled out his phone, and started scrolling through a page with his thumb as he held it in his right hand, "I've been having some other luck with my side business: Selling the stuff that grows in my yard. Heh, when it's summertime I manage to grow a lot of stuff in my yard. It's good too, because my boss is....pretty stingy."

A dog was making her way from her house downstairs, to the family hardware shop downstairs. However, before she opened up shop, she decided why not look at the shop next to her before she started work? She left the confines of her store, and went over to the place next door, knocking gently, "..H-hello?"

Denise saw something moving by the door just under her hat, and she pulled it up to have a look. A dog girl was knocking on the glass.

A customer? This early?

Not planning to look this gift horse in the mouth, she sat up and took out her earphones before gesturing for her to come in.

"We're open!" She called, already feeling a little better.

(edited)

@J.R. @Pripyat Pony

Blitz drank his coffee as he listened to Gemma and JR converse. It was bitter to put it lightly, but the heat felt good as the liquid went down his throat. "That'll probably come back to bite me later." He muttered, before turning his attention to the fox and cat. "So, anything else going on at the Summer Festival?" The dragon figured that there would be more than just a swimsuit competition, and he was slightly curious about the festival itself. "I heard that there's also a dance and a swimming race, or something that like that." He then gave a slight shrug.

Edited by Drago Ryder

@@J.R., "That's a shame," Gemma replied, sympathetically. She thought of the generous allowance her parents gave her, as well as the wages she earned working in the boutique and was glad her parents were nothing like JR's boss.

@@Drago Ryder, Hearing the question asked by the dragon nearby, Gemma replied, "Yes, that's right. Count me out of the swimming contest, but I'm certainly going to be there for the dance."

Denise saw something moving by the door just under her hat, and she pulled it up to have a look. A dog girl was knocking on the glass.

A customer? This early?

Not planning to look this gift horse in the mouth, she sat up and took out her earphones before gesturing for her to come in.

"We're open!" She called, already feeling a little better.

She flinched slightly at the cheery rat. She wasn't used to loud welcomes, noises, or anything of that nature. She blushed and gave a slight wave, hiding her face, "Um...hello....I wanted to see what kind of stuff you sold in here....if that's ok with you. Are you busy?"

@@Drago Ryder, @@Pripyat Pony,

JR looked over at the dragon that decided to speak, "I know there's gonna be a swimming contest, eating contest, and lots of great food. Not to mention the fact that if you have a date, you get a discount on all the stuff you can buy that day while at the beach."

@@captainborgue,

"I was a musician too, but I know what that is like the music just did not cover the bills so I got a job where they are always looking. The army, I make a poor excuse for a solider but we don't fight anything so I have a good stable income that I don't spend most of the time so I get to save it up a lot."

Rose laughed out loud, both at the thought of what the Army would say to a blind girl,and at the steps at flirting nearby. "Yeah, not an option for me I'm afraid. It's cool though, not like I need much. Tiny would be damn useful there, what with being like a billionty feet tall and made out of solid muscle and fluff. I keep telling him he needs to shave for the summer, but he won't let me near him with anything sharp. Can't imagine why," Rose said sarcastically.

This was shaping up to be an interesting morning- and a beach festival with a bikini contest sounded like a lot of fun. Not that she hoped to win or anything, since she had no clue what she looked like she assumed that she was average looking. The reality was that if she tried, she could easily be gorgeous. That took help though, and Tiny wasn't the sort to assist in aesthetics.

"So what brings the army into a little town like this? Gonna get dolled up in skimpy camo bikinis and play on the beach? I bet that would be a sight to see. You know, if I could see. I freaking LOVE the beach, and the water, and all that jazz. Can be pretty scary though, since it's hard to tell which way is up under the water. I usually just putz around on the surface."

@Drago Ryder@Pripyat Pony,@@J.R.,

The bell ring. Signalling more customers into the establishment. In walked in a maroon bat pony in a band tee and black jeans, and a foxy red head in skimpy jean cutoffs & a small band halter top. The fox one walked up to the counter. "Extra grande white chocolate mocha late, triple expresso shots w/ rice milk & two cups hazelnut creamer. And I'll take one of those cream cheese kringles too! Toasted!" 

"Umm, I'll take a raspberry lemon tea." said the bat pony. 

@@captainborgue,

"Um I'm here as orders I suppose me and my unit is gonna be stationed near this town for the foreseeable future for some reason not like I know why? I'm just a grunt so I don't really know about these things, I'm shrugging again now but I suppose I could see what I could wear for this beach thing maybe I can have some time off."

(edited)

@@Denim&Venom, @@Drago Ryder, @@Pripyat Pony,
JR noticed the two more customers. Today was a very busy day. More than it ever been at the Shortstop Cafe, "Holy crap. I was not expecting so much business today." He had to write down the fox's order. No way was he going to remember all that in one go, "Ok...."

He filled a large cup with the mocha she wanted and added all the extras. He didn't even know some folks even liked that complex stuff. He then went ahead and toasted one of the cream cheese pastries under the Salamander Burner. After a moment, he wrapped it up in foil put it on the counter, "That'll be $3.50 miss." He then dispensed the lemonade into another cup for the bat pony, "Wow. I was not expecting this much business today I will say that much. Hectic even." He put the lemonade on the counter, "That'll be one dollar."

Edited by J.R.

@@J.R.,

Miko swiped her card. "Arrigato." ​She took her massive beverage and started sipping away at the creamy caffeinated goodness, heading for a table near the window. 

Ruby fished through her wallet to try and find her dollar. "Um, here you go."  She slid the dollar over to him and took her beverage. "Thank you." 

She flinched slightly at the cheery rat. She wasn't used to loud welcomes, noises, or anything of that nature. She blushed and gave a slight wave, hiding her face, "Um...hello....I wanted to see what kind of stuff you sold in here....if that's ok with you. Are you busy?"

"Dude, I'm anything but," Denise sighed, leaning her arms and elbows on the countertop, "If you're a nerd, The Black Gate's gonna be your favourite place. I got comics, figures, manga, imports, posters, t-shirts and even some vintage video games!"

She gave her eye a scratch, starting to feel better. "Just let me know if you need anything."

"Dude, I'm anything but," Denise sighed, leaning her arms and elbows on the countertop, "If you're a nerd, The Black Gate's gonna be your favourite place. I got comics, figures, manga, imports, posters, t-shirts and even some vintage video games!"

She gave her eye a scratch, starting to feel better. "Just let me know if you need anything."

She nodded, and started to look around, "Wow...I really enjoy the style of the place you have here...." She went over to a rack of T-shirts and looked at one with a Star from Mario Bros. on it, "This one's really nice. I don't know if I could pick just one." She grinned, "What's your favorite video game?"

Greypaw, an elementary school teacher, was lazing about in bed as it was her day off from work and she was happy for that. She lay in bed until her body made it so that she couldn't rest anymore. She smiles as she yawns and stretches, swinging her legs over the side of her four poster, plush king size bed. Rubbing her eyes, she gets out and makes her weary way over to her bathroom for a shower.

@Pripyat Pony @Denim&Venom

Blitz gave a slight smirk as he watched the scene unfold. "Well, it looks like I may be heading to the festival, then. The harvest was just sold off, so I think I can relax for a few hours." He said. The dragon wasn't really interested in a relationship, though. He was always busy, so it wouldn't really work out.

(edited)

As Greypaw gets out of the shower and begins to brush her tail, fur and hair, she looks out of her bedroom window, "Looks like it's going to be such a lovely summer day" she says to herself as she then begins to preen her wings and hums a small tune, "What should I wear? Oh I know, my jumper and skirt" she flitters her wings a little in excitement.

Edited by Heartmender

@Drago Ryder

Malfoy smiled at Apep as his tail continued to wag, it had certainly been awhile since he just met someone new and was able to be comfortable with them. "that sounds like a fun time, unfortunately it has been a long time since I've had the chance to leave town to visit family or long distance friends." he admitted as his smile waned a bit but quickly returned. "I'm sure your friends were happy to see you."

@J.R.

Scarlet sighed as she walked through Amber Dust. The town had been good to her for the past few years, but business was beginning to decline. As much as she hated to admit it, she would probably have to find another job soon, and there was no time like the present. The bird then walked into a café and noticed that it seemed a bit crowded. She made her way towards the counter and noticed the cat serving drinks. "I'll have a white moca latte with cream and a glazed donut."

@Chip Circuit

Apep nodded slightly, but felt a bit sad that Malfoy hadn't been able to see his family in years. "Yeah. We kind of drifted apart over the last few years, so it was nice to finally meet them again." She said. "So, do you want to hang out later? I would certainly love to spend more time with you." She said, giving a light smile. "I have a few things I still have to take care of today, but maybe we could meet somewhere tomorrow."

After she got dressed, she had decided to go out to her favorite little cafe to have her breakfast and then to go shopping. She leaves her house and makes her way to the cafe, her hips swaying and tail swishing as she walked. The town had been good to her, and she had work off because it was summer and thus school was out. She smiles and looks around, seeing some of her students playing in the streets and waves to them.

About twenty minutes, she arrives at the cafe and looks around with a soft smile.