Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Bug bites: To scratch, or not to scratch?

Troblems

27 users have voted

1. 1. So itchy! What to do!

• Scratch that sucker all day long!
    • MUST....RESIST!

I don't know what it is, but mosquitoes come from miles around to bite me. They avoid everyone else in the house/neighborhood/city to feed specifically on me. I must be delicious. Anyways, once I get a bug bite, I scratch the ever loving shit out of that mofo. I make it so much worse, but I gotta say, scratching it feels so good. So what do you do? Scratch, or ignore it?

• Brohoof 3

Unfortunately I tend to scratch...and a lot. Pretty much one reason why I tend to be an insider... >_>

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I have a tendency to scratch bug bites, especially if it's down by my feet or ankles. Those spots are the worst place, I swear they aim for there on purpose. Anti-bug bite cream usually helps a lot and maybe sometimes a bandaid to cover it up.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 2

Heaven help you if they somehow manage to bite you in the back, right where it's painful to stretch around to reach. That happens occasional and oh goodness is it a living nightmare. 

I'm a scratcher too, much to my own dismay. Just makes things worse in the end, dunnit?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

DO. NOT. SCRATCH!

That will cause you to tear open the wound, spread the venom, get more of an itchy rash and cause the wound to be infected.

Stop it! Stop it right now! 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 6

Even if it's bad for me, I DON'T CARE! I tend to scratch myself a lot of times everyday even for minor itches, heck I'm even scratching myself in this moment meanwhile I'm writing this post.

I scratch the areas near it ^ ^

It gives close to the same relief and you don't get the negative effect (so long as you don't go over kill).

side note: I usually go to war with mosquitoes the moment I see some in my home o-o , completely bug spraying the area before using Citronella candles for the next couple days. I really hate bugs o-o

• Brohoof 1

I'm one of those people who can have the worst mosquitoes bite, and not scratch it. For some reason, I find it very easy to avoid scratching them. If you ask me, that's a blessing because I know that once you start itching, you can't stop! I tend to stay inside during most of the summer months, so I don't get bit very often.

• Brohoof 1

I'm one of those people who can have the worst mosquitoes bite, and not scratch it. For some reason, I find it very easy to avoid scratching them. If you ask me, that's a blessing because I know that once you start itching, you can't stop! I tend to stay inside during most of the summer months, so I don't get bit very often.

We've found them. The being of ultimate self control.

But no seriously, I think I speak for SO many of us when I say I really wish I was you. ;-;

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...