Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation What Are Your Favorite Anime?

Venomous

The last time I thought about it, these were my favorites:

1. One Piece

2. Rose of Versailles

3. Gurren Lagann

4. Ouran High School Host Club

5. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012 series, not so much Stardust Crusaders)

• Brohoof 1

Gurren Lagann

Madoka Magica

Death Note

Attack on Titan

Kill la Kill

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

I don't watch a whole lot but man I love these particular anime quite a bit, especially Gurren Lagann and Madoka :)

I have yet to watch One Punch Man. I hear it is more on the comedy scale?

Yes. It's mostly comedy with a bunch of weird stuff happening and it doesn't take itself too seriously. When there's action going on though, it's pretty badass. You need to watch it. People had been hyping the show so much for me and I kind of had this idea of what it was going to be like... and I was absolutely right. The show was exactly what I wanted and expected it to be. ..Which is good, but still kind of disappointing because there was no surprise factor.

- Howl's Moving Castle

- Castle in the Sky

- Spirited Away

- Princess Mononoke

- Kiki's Delivery Service

- Ponyo

You didn't list it above but I'm not really a big fan of Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle wasn't as good as I expected it to be when I first saw it. I love Castle in the Sky though and there's this ripoff film (by another company) called Hoshi o ou kodomo (or "children who chase lost voices" in english), which I actually like very much as well. It's such a great adventure film with lovely landscapes. The only downside is the somewhat odd character motivations and the fact that it's a ripoff of Ghibli's Castle in the Sky.

hoshi-wo-ou-kodomo-01a.jpg

Himegoto

Strike Witches

Woo! This is like the first time I've seen someone saying that they also like Strike Witches and Himegoto haha :P Himegoto... That show made me ...happy. I was going to cosplay that guy at an upcoming anime convention but then I realized the hair would be a pain in the ass so I'm going with this guy from Baka to Test instead

tumblr_n8s6wpBhfF1teb6rgo1_500.gif

• Brohoof 1

Akira

Princess Mononoke

Tekkon Kinkreet

Dragon Ball Z

Darker Than Black

Outlaw Star

Trigun

One Punch Man (should just be on everyone's list, at this point)

Dragon Ball Super (should not be on anyone's list)

Azumanga Daioh! (at least at one point in my life)

Gunsmith Cats: Bulletproof (see above parenthetical statement)

Angel Beats (I tried to avoid putting it on here; it prolly make you cry ; _ ; )

Series I most recently watched: Kill la Kill.  Very fanservicey (not a word), but the over-the-top action, loose animation, and humor made it fun to watch.

(edited)

I was going to cosplay that guy at an upcoming anime convention but then I realized the hair would be a pain in the ass so I'm going with this guy from Baka to Test instead

sig-4452486.tumblr_n8s6wpBhfF1teb6rgo1_5

Awesome choice of character, I too really like Baka and Test. Good luck with the cosplay!!

Edited by Rarity Is Best Pony

I'm not great at deciding favorites when I've watched over 100 animes (though, of course, that includes some second seasons and OVAs).  But I felt like I wanted to do this for my own sake of mental organization.  I'm not going to be able to just list favorites like most others here have; I need categories, and so I'll just use a few overarching genres.

Mystery/Psychological/Supernatural:
1. Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (ERASED)
2. Mousou Dairinin (Paranoia Agent)
3. Noragami
4. Death Note
5. Charlotte

Action-Adventure:
1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2. Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic & Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
3. Nanatsu no Taizai (The Seven Deadly Sins)
4. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 
5. Rokka no Yuusha (Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers)
6. Log Horizon
7. Overlord

Slice of Life:
1. Usagi Drop (Bunny Drop)
2. Barakamon
3. Non Non Biyori
4. Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! 
5. Sakura-sō no Pet na Kanojo (The Pet Girl of Sakurasou)
6. Toradora!
7. K-On!
8. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster)
9. Lucky Star
10. WataMote

As for the following list, I know some of them may overlap into some above categories, but I wanted to separate these from the above lists for various reasons: their discrepancies outweigh their similarities to the above categories, at least in my opinion.  Aside from any overlap, some in this following list are Comedy, some Ecchi... Whatever, I'm just gonna called this Miscellaneous...

Misc: 
1. Fooly Cooly (FLCL)
2. No Game No Life
3. Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars)
4. Ookami to Koushinryou (Spice and Wolf)
5. OreImo (My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute)
6. Zero no Tsukaima (The Familiar of Zero)
7. Ro-Kyu-Byu! (Fast Break)

And of course, a couple movies...

Movies:
1. Spirited Away
2. Tekken: Blood Vengeance 

Here is my MAL list:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Triton_330

~ Miles

• Brohoof 1

...I'm just gonna go ahead and leave this here.

Right now, Tokyo Ghoul is at the top of my list, cause Season 3 is coming!!! *SQUEE!*

Why do you not have ratings on your list?

My favorite anime of all time is definitely One Piece, I absolutely adore it.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) is also pretty great.

Never actually seen One Punch Man, I really need to get around to it.

(edited)

I'm p sure I've written something like this before but my lovelies....

These are my absolute favorite anime out there:

• Death Parade - It's about a world in between life and death, some sort of "purgatory", where people have to play a game with another human being... To be judged of whether to go to heaven or hell, basically. It's a very dramatic anime with strong characters, great animation and an interesting plot. Not to mention the awfully catchy opening song... 10/10.
  • Boku Dake ga Inai Machi - This one is about a boy who has a certain power called "Revival", where he can turn back time and get another chance to change a mistake in the past. He gets several shots at this when he suddenly gets thrown back into a series of murders that happened to his fellow classmates when he was young. Question is, if he can succeed to prevent it all. 10/10 for good animation, BEST PLOT and great voice acting.
  • Kobato - Kobato Hanato is a girl whom carries a great wish of her own. She's got a chance to grant her wish by coming to earth with a "demon" in the form of a plush dog to teach her about human manners. Her mission is to heal those who have a broken heart by being truly kind to them and let herself be trusted, until they let her heal their broken hearts. In return she gets shards of their broken hearts that fills a magical jar she's received. When her jar finally is full, her wish will be granted. It's a very cute anime with a story originally created from the amazing manga studio CLAMP. They're one of my favorite studios and have made many series I've come to love. This is one of them. Very cute, cosy and moving. 7/10 to the anime edition.
  • Princess Tutu -  Is a tale of heroes trapped in a fairtytale and their struggle against fate. Their beliefs, their feelings, and ultimately their actions will determine whether this fairy tale can reach its "happily ever after" or not. I became absolutely enchanted by this anime, it's amazing and I couldn't stop watching. The story is well thought-through, the characters are great and it's very entertaining. 8/10.
  • Kaleido Star - Sora Naegino, an energic and happy girl from Japan comes to America in search of her dream. She wants, with all her heart, to become a member of the Kaleido Stage. A world famous circus with a combination of musicals and acrobatics on a magical stage display. With the help of her friends, they all struggle to make their dreams come true. I LOVE THIS ONE! I've loved this anime since I was 12 years old and it aired dubbed on TV. Magical, joyful and fun! 10/10 from me.

Ya'll should go and check out the new Boku no Hero Academia as well. I absolutely adore it's manga and the anime had it's premiere just the other day. It's marvelous!

Edited by Collibri

Fav animes are so hard to choose with so many animes over the years rolling into my mind and slowly twisting my soul....

Sailor Moon:  My first manga I ever got as a kid dipping my foot into this fandom.   Strong female leads fighting evil in small skirts and at times with cheese stories yet their bounds of friendship always seemed to win the day!     Man Sailor Moon was just that "anime" for me and I still have the manga!    (New Sailor Moon Season Three is out,  watched it twice....)

Rurouni Kenshin:   Filled with history,  edge of the seat samurai fights and high moments of humor and good plot manga wise (even some of the filler anime wise is good).  Kenshin is a all around good long anime about a man trying to make up for the lives he took to save his nation.  Along the way also meeting other souls who befriend him and even themselves grow as people.

• Death Parade

Yes! Someone else who is familiar with this anime. Who is your favorite character?

My Favorites are Gunslinger Girl, One Piece, Soul Eater, Naruto, Dragonball, Case Closed, Deadman Wonderland, Black Butler, Death Note...yeah, i think thats all.  :ooh:

Yes! Someone else who is familiar with this anime. Who is your favorite character?

It's one of the best!

My favorite character is Chiyuki by far, still, I really love Mayu and Clavis as well. What about you?

Hm...

Death Note

Fullmetal Alchemist; both the original series and Brotherhood.

The Dragon Ball franchise as a whole, but Dragon Ball Kai in particular.

There was a time when InuYasha would be on my list, but looking back on it...ehh.  I don't imagine I'll ever care to revisit it aside from the movies.

Hunter x Hunter 2011:  The first somewhat long anime I decided to watch. I love pretty much everything about it, the story, the characters, the world, the art...everything. Probably one of the best anime in existence

Soul Eater: I was initially drawn in by the art style but I stayed for the characters. Really freakin awesome anime to watch

Evangelion 1.0-3.0: Honestly, I kinda gave up on the Evangelion episodic series and settled on the movie remakes even though I knew they'd be a little different. Still, I fucking love the movies so far. Really interesting characters and world building. Kinda makes you feel depressed though

FMA: Brotherhood: Solid show all around, no wonder so many people love it. Not much more to say

Ookiku Furikabutte: Probably an odd one but its the anime that got me to love sports anime and kindled my new found interest in baseball <3

Owari No Seraph: I love it, I love MikaYuu. Its the first anime to turn me into trash for a specific ship

Pandora Hearts: Brilliant story, characters and world building. Only problem was that it never caught up to the now finished manga. Hopefully a remake will occur