Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation What Are Your Favorite Anime?

Venomous

I have only two favorites: Attack On Titan and Trigun. 

It seems to me that most anime falls under many really irritating cliches, but these two seem to rise above them, for the most part. Attack on Titan is easily one of my favorite shows ever. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not much of a anime fan. If it wasn't on Toonamie in the early 2000s. I've probably never heard of it. Here's my favorite Anime.

1. Zoids
  2. Dragon Ball Z
  3. Naruto
  4. G Gundom
  5. Zach Bell
  6. Pokemon
  7. Ghost In The Shell

Im probably going to have to add My Hero Academia to my list at some point. Hunter x Hunter still takes the top though.

• 2 weeks later...

Any self respecting weeb wouldn't be caught dead without having watched one of the greatest, and quite thoroughly Japanese animes ever produced.

seinfeld.jpg

(Goofs aside, I guess Hellsing OVA would be my favorite. Though i think alot of that has to do with that being the only anime i've ever watched  :P )

Well I'm starting to become more weeb as it is.

-One Punch Man = Probably the first anime I actually decided to binge the whole way through. Never been that hyped for a next episode of an anime since the DBZ and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl days. I only wish it were longer than 12 episodes.... 8/10

-Death Parade = Interesting anime involving life and death. Was something I could watch late at night with nothing to do. Loved the main characters and everything. 10/10

-Deadman Wonderland = Some people might not have enjoyed it as much as I did, but I thought it was epic. The thought of using your own blood as a weapon seemed awesome to me. That and Shiro is adorable >< 10/10

- One Piece = Can't forget Luffy. My most favorite childhood memory anime character. Most of my friends were DBZ fans, but I stood out liking One Piece :P 

Stuff I'm planning on watching

HunterxHunter (2011) - its long enough, so it'll keep me busy for awhile until I become bored enough to binge watch all 600+ episodes of One Piece.

Assassination Classroom

Accel World

I have to admit that I haven't seen nearly as much anime as I'd like to so I definitely need to start watching more. Currently my favorites are:

• Puella Magi Madoka Magica
  • Space Dandy
  • Sailor Moon
  • Cowboy Bebop

(edited)

Spirited Away is probably my favourite, with Akira a close second.  Also Death Note, Perfect Blue, Thunderbirds 2086, Ninja Scroll, Fist of the North Star and Sword for Truth to name but a very few.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

I am not so the anime watcher, but there are a four animes I really like: Elfen Lied, Princess Mononoke, Wolf's Rain and Spirited Away. But honestly, the most animes are not so mine. Maybe I will start with Hellsing in the future because that anime looks really interesting for me. 

(edited)

I like Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle; they're probably Miyazaki's most ambitious. But others from Studio Ghibli like From Up On Poppy Hill, Whispers of the Heart and When Marnie Was There have a beautiful, peaceful quality. Arietty is a nice one too, especially if you can get the British dub. Much better than the American dub. 

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is not a Ghibli release but a nice effort with the same general vibe as the lighter Miyazakis. Definitely worth a view.

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

I like Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle; they're probably Miyazaki's most ambitious. But others from Studio Ghibli like From Up On Poppy Hill, Whispers of the Heart and When Marnie Was There have a beautiful, peaceful quality. Arietty is a nice one too, especially if you can get the British dub. Much better than the American dub.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is not a Ghibli release but a nice effort with the same general vibe as the lighter Miyazakis. Definitely worth a view.

those sounded cool. i must give these a chance soon! i have seen the moving castle one and who wouldnt want to live in there? ;)
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fushigi Yuugi (the mysterious play) is my all time #1. It's a great adventure story that takes place in ancient China. The main character is a girl, and the entire series shows nicely how she becomes more mature and sure about herself, and also, looooots of true love stuff :3

Also enjoyed Ranma1/2 but I found it a little too childish. 

Hajime No Ippo season 1 through 3. Ashita No Joe, Ashita No Joe 2, Soul Eater, DBZ, SAO, Attack On Titan, Death Note, Devil May Cry, Kenichi The Mightiest Desciple, Fairy Tail, Blue Exorcist, Naruto, Pokemon, Digimon, Ouran High School Host Club, Black Butler, Rorouni Kenshin, and Trigun

I have watched very few anime...

Only ones I've really watched so far are B Gata H Kei and Fairy Tail.

Fairy Tail is definitely my favorite anime though

It's hard to choose a top list. DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, Gundam and Card Captor Sakura are my nostalgia favorites.

Movies I love Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Paprika, and everything Ghibli.

Modern stuff there is so much I can't choose, from Lucky Star to Gurren Lagann to Kami Nomi to Kill La Kill.

This current season I've been watching Kiznaiver, Netoge, Hero Academia, and One Piece.